Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Only thing that bothers me is I have a wind leak noise at speeds over 55, believe it's coming from the driver's side door and not the windshield. When I go in for the recall I'll have it looked at. I do have an intermediate ticking noise, but I now believe it to be coming from the cats area and not the engine.
Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I f*cking love my car, its hard reading some of things people say on this forum but whatever. Of course I am not happy with a few things but every car I have owned is never perfect. As long as the fun factor and pros out weigh the cons for me, I am good to go. I am not going to go into what issues I have with it because they are either fixable or don't bother me that much. Happy GT350 owner here! Lets keep this thread happy!

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
My car has a couple very minor paint issues (hood boogers, Nick at door/fender as others mentioned)and one exhaust valve rattles(someday I'll get it to the dealer) But other than that it's simply amazing. Hitting the red button makes a bad day good everytime! In fact...its been two weeks..time to go hit that button!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hitting the red button makes a bad day good everytime!
:amen:

Any imperfections I've found to date are far outweighed by the entire package that is the GT350 :cheers:

Thanks [MENTION=24389]Mike02z[/MENTION] for starting this thread :thumbsup:

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Mine is 3 weeks old today. Started looking on Oct 7th and finally said "eff it" and went to the bank on Nov 8th. Dropped off a bank draft and drove away on Nov 11th.

Probably the shortest time it's ever taken me to decide on a major purchase and I have 0 regrets. On the 9th, I was still not 100% committed but the dealer asked if I'd like to start another one they had sitting inside. I couldn't sign the papers quick enough..

The only thing that bugs me so far, and it's more of a "wow, that's a dumb design thing" is the driver's side wiper arm that will scratch the paint on the hood if you don't follow the wiper change procedure in the supplemental manual.

I put one of those vinyl cabinet bumpers on the inside edge of the wiper arm to remind me not to lift it. :)

It's going to be a long 3-4 months here waiting for the snow to melt and roads to clear..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mike02z

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Thanks for all the input folks. It's good to know some are not having any issues and many having issues still love this car.

I came from a 696 RWHP car. That car was fast but did not give me the same feeling when I fired it up or wound it out. One of the first things I would look to update on my "fun" cars is the audio system. I can honestly say that other than testing Android Auto, I never turn the radio on in the GT350. The engine makes such sweet music it is intoxicating. I have NEVER owned a car that gave me the feeling the GT350 does and I have had a LOT of cars.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Thanks for all the input folks. It's good to know some are not having any issues and many having issues still love this car.

I came from a 696 RWHP car. That car was fast but did not give me the same feeling when I fired it up or wound it out. One of the first things I would look to update on my "fun" cars is the audio system. I can honestly say that other than testing Android Auto, I never turn the radio on in the GT350. The engine makes such sweet music it is intoxicating. I have NEVER owned a car that gave me the feeling the GT350 does and I have had a LOT of cars.
Can agree wholeheartedly with this; every time I drove my R (stored for winter :() I couldn't help but smile. Still can't believe its mine honestly, and took every excuse to drive it whenever I was home from work. Picked it up in August and managed to rack up 4600 kms before storing her away!

I honestly don't think any other car in my current price range could provide such joy when driving. I really do think that I would have to step up to a GT3 (997) or a supercar exotic (F12 anyone?!?) in order to get that same special feeling and pure joy while driving. Every mile listening to the engine and just operating the slick transmission is exhilarating.

I seem to have fairly good panel fitment and paint quality, and am not a true audiophile so I believe the SYNC 3 system and stereo to be pretty good. Honestly the only two areas in which the car could be improved upon IMO are the interior quality (which IMO should be better for a 90K car here in Canada; read as leather interior without sponge dash/plastic trim everywhere) and the total weight of the vehicle. As others have mentioned, if this were a a sub 3500lb car, it would be THE tits.

I still firmly believe however that this will be the one truly special vehicle that I will own in my lifetime in that it will always provide me with huge satisfaction and happiness whenever I drive it. Don't regret buying it at all, and would do it again in a heartbeat :first:

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I'm completely happy with my car, its exceeded my expectations. :)

Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones (knocks on wood). My car's paint finish is outstanding and the panel fit is just fine. The front spoiler was installed correctly, I'm not seeing signs of excessive oil consumption and the car has been tight and rattle free.

So far so good, no complaints from me.

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
I recently found out I have stage 5 kidney failure and am on dialysis 3 times a week and I bought this car to make me feel alive and enjoy life to the fullest while I still can! I came from a F80 M3 and have had numerous fast cars and bikes two C5s Z06 corvettes modified making over 700 to the tires and a 850 hp APS twin turbo 05 Ponitac GTO that was insanely fast and was actually very docile until you opened it up.

I can say without a doubt this car gives me the most pleasure of any car I have ever owned. It is not the most comfortable and probably not the smartest car to buy but I have a shit eating grin on my face every time I get in it and start it up and drive it!

Adding a little oil once in awhile is not the end of the world and I consider this normal for a car of this caliber. Panel gaps/paint etc are all good not perfect but I have more important things to worry about!

Car operates as designed for its intended purpose it was not designed to be a docile and quiet and well mannered it was built to be driven hard and have fun and will require a bit more upkeep from its owners!

Last edited:

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Bought my '17 on 09/22, 1800 miles so far so good. Absolutely no oil consumption thus far. Only problem is when I picked up the car the front splitter was scraped on the bottom, wasn't bad at all but when you are buying a new car you want it to be perfect, so I talked with the dealer and they overnighted me a brand new one no hassle.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I have this exact same thing! Dealer is hooking me up with some touch up paint today and I will fix it myself. Other than that mine seems to be A OK but I've only had it less than 48 hours :lol:
I've seen instances where the door contacts the fender as it opens. My passenger door comes within 1/32 of touching.

My car is good :)

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Oh - I do have another "issue" with the GT350. On a rainy/snowy day, it takes me 5 minutes to go get milk. When it's nice and sunny, it takes 45.

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
++ Love this car! Just put her under the cover last night for the Winter after a detail and oil change. It isn't perfect but the coolest car I've ever owned and always a pleasure to get in and hit the "red button"!
My only concern is wondering about the long-term vibration effects from this furnace......it's not like my shifter kart but it sure ain't I6 BMW M3 smooth either!

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
truly couldnt be happier

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I recently found out I have stage 5 kidney failure and am on dialysis 3 times a week and I bought this car to make me feel alive and enjoy life to the fullest while I still can! I came from a F80 M3 and have had numerous fast cars and bikes two C5s Z06 corvettes modified making over 700 to the tires and a 850 hp APS twin turbo 05 Ponitac GTO that was insanely fast and was actually very docile until you opened it up.

I can say without a doubt this car gives me the most pleasure of any car I have ever owned. It is not the most comfortable and probably not the smartest car to buy but I have a shit eating grin on my face every time I get in it and start it up and drive it!

Adding a little oil once in awhile is not the end of the world and I consider this normal for a car of this caliber. Panel gaps/paint etc are all good not perfect but I have more important things to worry about!

Car operates as designed for its intended purpose it was not designed to be a docile and quiet and well mannered it was built to be driven hard and have fun and will require a bit more upkeep from its owners!
ENJOY LIFE TO THE FULLEST! We never know when our last day comes. Sorry to hear about your condition but I am extremely happy you have found something that makes you feel alive. Good luck, Godspeed and God willing you will make a miraculous recovery.

Harold
Sponsored