GT350 owners happy with their Cars.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
With all of the negative threads recently about owners having major issues with the way their car was built or failing engines, or multiple unresolved problems, I want to get an idea of how many owners are completely satisfied.

I'll start.

I purchased my 17 on 7/27/16. The car has about 5k miles on it. I broke the engine in according to the manual. I took it easy on the car for the first 100 miles. I varied my speed during the break in. Once I hit 100 miles there were multiple pulls to 8200 RPM. I pretty much beat the snot out of it.

As of today, I use no oil, my splitter was installed correctly, I have no paint issue and my rear bumper does not have any gap where it meets the body panel. Everything about the vehicle is flawless aside from the major tramling which I knew long before buying it.

I'm 100% satisfied with my GT350. How many others?
Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My car is 2 months old now. 2500 miles.

The only issue is the massive rattle the shifter makes in 2nd gear. I will either install MGW shifter or try to open it up to see if I can fix it myself. Very afraid to take it to ford. It seems like the reverse collar and the main shifter assembly is touch each other and there is a tiny amount of play that is causing this.

Besides this no issues. Panel gaps are perfect. Paint is perfect (almost, there was a small area by the door and front fender where paint was chipped possibly during while they were attaching the door to the main body). No issues with engine. I m very happy overall.

jamesb1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was just thinking of doing this exact same thing.

My experience pretty much mirrors yours except that I do have a bit of a rear bumper gap, honestly its just not an issue for me. It does seem to be the case that people who were not all that gentle and had a shorter break in period ended up better off in terms of oil consumption (this is my very loose interpretation of what I see).

I did think that I had an issue with steering wheel vibration but I didn't drive the car for about a week or so and since then I haven't really noticed it, I think it must of just been me being a little too picky/sensitive or I got used to it (maybe I need to try some other competitor cars and see ;-)

Overall the car has been awesome and I am just over 1000 miles in so far, fingers crossed when I get asked to go in for the recall it will be soon and I will get an oil change at the same time (my dealer seemed to think I could just pay for the filter and the rest would be done as a matter of course).

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
My car is 2 months old now. 2500 miles.

Paint is perfect (almost, there was a small area by the door and front fender where paint was chipped possibly during while they were attaching the door to the main body).
I have this exact same thing! Dealer is hooking me up with some touch up paint today and I will fix it myself. Other than that mine seems to be A OK but I've only had it less than 48 hours :lol:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Even with all the issues I've had with my car. I will say it is the most fun and exciting car I've ever owned. I truly hope my issues can be sorted because this car has wrecked me when it comes to other cars and what I would expect out of them.

There is a ton of value in this car. It looks awesome and the suspension (Mag ride) and brakes are easily the best I've ever had. From both performance and feeling aspects. One of my biggest complaints with my adaptive suspension in my M cars is that you couldn't tell much of a difference between the modes. In this car the regular mode is comfortable and the highest setting is truly a sport mode. Of course the engine, which doesn't need any explaining to this crowd. :D

Also, another thing that I drove me to this car from my M4 was the TC modes. The traction control (unless completely off) would intervene way to quickly on that car and on the GT350 it gives you some leeway and doesn't just shut the power down. It brings things back in line in a smooth manner unless you get extremely out of control. I like not having to shut traction control completely off to have some fun and be able to learn as well with some protections still.

Any way, driving the car is awesome and I feel like I'm a 16 year old that just got my license. My wife thought it was pretty funny that I would make up reasons to run errands just to drive the car.

Sponsored

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have this exact same thing! Dealer is hooking me up with some touch up paint today and I will fix it myself. Other than that mine seems to be A OK but I've only had it less than 48 hours :lol:
Its not a big deal. I also used touch up paint just to prevent rust in the future. Just be very careful with touch up paint and use a very high quality small brush (you can go to Michael's and get these). Make sure you fill in the spot only and get tiny amounts of paint to your brush. Dont let it form a bubble. Dont let the paint get on to the corners and get on top of the existing paint. If that happens it will be visible. Keep a bottle of 91% isopropyl alcohol and microfiber cloth if you dont like the paint so you can wipe it. Automotive paint dries in under 60 seconds, so you need to wipe it very fast if you want to remove it.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The only thing that bothers me is that I think it weighs too much. Besides that, I couldn't stop smiling...key word: couldn't (storage... :()

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Have had her 6. Drove her to work today with 4200 miles so far. Plan to wash her and store after work today.
No problems with her. scuffed the front splitter edge on something. I wish the shifter was less raw. Have tried other shifters on other mustangs, but don't like them. Although, I did like the Hurst shifter on my 2007 Shelby GT the best.

I wish the 350 had more power in 1st gear. I don't like the noisy breaks, but I know it is part of the deal.
I love the rest. :cheers:

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Just over 5K miles. No issues. Change my own oil so no dealer negatives to report. I think this has been mentioned elsewhere, the satisfaction level with these cars seems to be proportional to how much is expected from your dealer.

Love this macine. True appreciation for the performance can be found on a track.

I was in a bad mood all week until I decided to drive it to work today. Problem solved. Today is another great day.

R.

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I have mixed feelings about this car. When it works, I think it's the best all around car for me, for the money. I can't think of any other new car from the factory at this price that looks as good, handles as good, and sounds as good.

However, I've had more warranty work done to this car, and more parts replaced on it, than any other car or motorcycle I've owned (16 other vehicles) combined. All different types of makes and models. The next closest car I've had with warranty problems was a 2009 GT-R, so I guess it's to be somewhat expected with "new" performance cars.

If I'd been more lucky like some of you who have had 0 mechanical problems, who don't mind the poor panel fitment, who don't mind the poor paint around leading edges, then I'd be praising this car for years and years.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Im overall satisfied. 3000 miles no warranty issues so far. Minimal oil use. Paint was good sagging rear bumper ill fix next year.

I think you cant beat the car for the money.. I would like to shave 200 lbs off.

Last edited:

D.DeVo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350 TECH 1982 Corvette
I don't want to jinx myself but after 5,200 miles & early Spring (40 degree weather) HPDE no problems. I do have the "gap" but not that big a deal.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
The only thing that bothers me is that I think it weighs too much. Besides that, I couldn't stop smiling...key word: couldn't (storage... :()
Same here; quite happy with it but I do agree it's a porker (not counting the R here). It masks its heft well but it's still on the heavy side. I can only envision if this thing weighed in at ~3400 lbs or less. Still a fun & great car but not 100% perfect.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
With all of the negative threads recently about owners having major issues with the way their car was built or failing engines, or multiple unresolved problems, I want to get an idea of how many owners are completely satisfied.

I'll start.

I purchased my 17 on 7/27/16. The car has about 5k miles on it. I broke the engine in according to the manual. I took it easy on the car for the first 100 miles. I varied my speed during the break in. Once I hit 100 miles there were multiple pulls to 8200 RPM. I pretty much beat the snot out of it.

As of today, I use no oil, my splitter was installed correctly, I have no paint issue and my rear bumper does not have any gap where it meets the body panel. Everything about the vehicle is flawless aside from the major tramling which I knew long before buying it.

I'm 100% satisfied with my GT350. How many others?
I hope you don't mind that I'm replying even though I'm not 100% satisfied.

I have the cooling issues which have upset me a lot. I had two different dealers try to install the splitter and ended up doing it myself because they did a very crappy job. The rear bumper has a gap which I asked the dealer to fix and apparently they couldn't do it successfully.

However, I do still think it's the best car I've ever owned and I really love the Voodoo engine. I hope that within the next year or so I will be able to fix the cooling issue and over time the other issues will bother me less and less. I have looked at several competing vehicles and I'm comfortable that the GT350 is the best car for me at this time, flaws and all.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
5300 miles, picked up JAN 16, Engine replaced NOV 16 now approaching the 1K break in. Tracked and will continue to track her. I am completely satisfied with my car and Ford's customer support.
Sponsored