Sponsored

GT350 owners, do most of you feel the need to get nicer wheels?

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Actually in my case they're a lot easier to clean than my GT PP wheels.
Amen to that. PP wheels are a pain in the arse... Plus the gloss finish gets swirled up in no time even when you are careful cleaning them.
Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I love the look of the car. Will probably never change it. As far as the cleaning and weight issues :shrug:. It's a street car. It's going to get dirty, and I found aftermarket wheels usually increase road noise in the car. Your car, do what you see fit.:thumbsup:

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
When people say they are hard to clean is that based on the design and style or some other factor?
To me they are not hard to clean, do they take time.. yes, hard to clean no.

Wheel cleaner such as sonax and meguires mirror bright do a good job of removing the brake dust and wont harm the wheel. Brake dust and dirt tend to get trapped in the corners where the spoke meets the barrel of the wheel. Between washes I spray a microfiber down with quick detailer and run my hand along the outside portion of the wheels barrel, the car will need to be moved forward to get the spot the caliper blocks in the front. I then spray the cloth down and run the cloth around the spokes, paying careful attention to the portion around the barrel to be sure its clean. I flip the cloth spray it down and wipe the faces and along the rim of the wheel. Washes are usually when I clean the inside of the barrel with a wheel wand, to get it completely clean you'll have to remove the wheel.

The biggest pain is the fact the rotors rust immediately when wet. So after washing you have to drive enough to used the brakes a few times then clean off the rust dust that will be on the wheels. They are way easier to clean than my CCW's were.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
My only "aftermarket" upgrade has been from the S550 GT PP to the GT350 2016 trak pak. Pure stock. No mods wanted or needed.

Sponsored

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Correction, obviously I would put on the OEM 350R wheels, but they are idiotic to run on the street IMO.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Awesome, thanks guys for the info, appreciate it. Even with wider Cup 2 tires there is still a substantial weight difference. Very nice.
The Cup2s actually weigh less than the MPSS. The Cup2a are 26lbs in 305 a d 28lbs in 315.

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I like the GT350 wheels so much I bought the MRR replicas for my GT! The 6GR R replicas are really nice too but I prefer the 350 lookalikes. Could have picked either one though and I would have been happy.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I have the Forgeline GA1R open lug wheels because I wanted lighter wheels and didn't want to be a R clone and buy the carbon fiber wheels. Besides the forgeline ga1R open lugs are only 1 pounds more then the carbon fiber wheels. My only regret is I wish I didn't get them in satin black. I might change the color on the next tire change.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I have the Forgeline GA1R open lug wheels because I wanted lighter wheels and didn't want to be a R clone and buy the carbon fiber wheels. Besides the forgeline ga1R open lugs are only 1 pounds more then the carbon fiber wheels. My only regret is I wish I didn't get them in satin black. I might change the color on the next tire change.
Why dont you like it in satin black, and what color would you have gotten?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Why dont you like it in satin black, and what color would you have gotten?
My car is magnetic with black ott stripes. I may change to gunmetal or graphite.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Just curious as I'm considering buying one.

1) Were most of you satisfied with it or did you still buy aftermarket wheels?

2) Do the gt350 wheels sell for a lot if so?

3) Was the exhaust not loud enough for anyone?
1) Were most of you satisfied with it or did you still buy aftermarket wheels? Yes satisfied but will be purchasing a lighter set for the track.

2) Do the gt350 wheels sell for a lot if so? No clue as I don't plan on selling mine

3) Was the exhaust not loud enough for anyone? Perfect exhaust sound level and tone. Will probably do headers with cat's down the road for performance
Sponsored