Sponsored

GT350 owners, do most of you feel the need to get nicer wheels?

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Just curious as I'm considering buying one.

1) Were most of you satisfied with it or did you still buy aftermarket wheels?

2) Do the gt350 wheels sell for a lot if so?

3) Was the exhaust not loud enough for anyone?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Yep. Just waiting for availability(hard to find wheels that fit the GT350).

Stock wheels look good, but like Icormba said: heavy and hard to clean. I think it's the most significant mod you can do for your car performance and aesthetics wise.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
As an R owner, there are a few reasons I plan to have a second set of wheels:

1) to protect the CFs from road rash,
2) to mount a set of more weatherable tires,
3) theft concerns.

The CFs will most definitely be placed back on when I track the car.

Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I'm not a huge fan of the non-R wheels. I'd probabl'y put R knock-offs on my car if I had a non-R. R wheels have their own issues as DrumReaper mentioned above. I'm considering a set of street wheels and tires too.

I know black wheels are all the rage, but silver wheels look amazing on these cars.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've thought about another set of wheels. I wouldn't mind having some track tires on a set of lighter wheels. Or just a lighter set of wheels with the stock tires. Most of the aftermarket stuff I've seen doesn't thrill me, though. If the R wheels came down in price enough I would consider buying a set of them. I'm not going to buy a copy of an R wheel, though.

I like the stock wheels enough, though. I have no firm plans to replace them at the moment.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I have no plans to mod anything on my GT 350. Wheels are great, exhaust is great, I would like to hear one with resignator delete though.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I will be adding forgelines in the future. I can't see downgrading to a lesser wheel based strictly on looks. The stock wheels are a 5 out of 10 on a hard to clean scale with mesh bbs style wheels being a 10. The exhaust imo is just right on the volume scale. If I add longtubes in the future it'll be strictly for performance and I'll try to keep the noise level similar with resonators if needed.

The finish on the stock wheels is a bit fragile for my taste.

Edit: As far as cost.. actual new OEM wheels are expensive. I've heard the knock offs etc. Are far cheaper but have yet to price them. I have an oem front at home I can price when I get there. I don't plan to sell mine as just like most stock wheels they won't bring near enough to justify selling. Plus should you ever go to sell the car having the oem wheels is a plus.

Last edited:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If i was getting a 350, id keep them on, they look great IMO, but understand about the weight savings and cleaning. Putting some kind of coating on them would really help the cleaning process.

If i get any rims for the R, they are gonna need to be as close to weight as the ones the car is tuned for. In this case forgeline is about my only option. Ill just keep the original carbon fiber on. In 5 or 6 years maybe the carbons will be much cheaper and ill replace them or have the originals recoated to look new. One thing i was thinking of doing is plastidipping the carbons, just to protect against pits/chipping.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
When people say they are hard to clean is that based on the design and style or some other factor?
Sponsored