Sponsored

GT350 owners, do most of you feel the need to get nicer wheels?

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
No change the wheels are fine.
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
When people say they are hard to clean is that based on the design and style or some other factor?
It's because they haven't yet cleaned GT PP wheels.

Sponsored

GT 350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350, 2008 Shelby GT/SC convertible
The black "industrial-looking" stock wheels just didn't make the grade for me on my white GT350. While the style of the wheel isn't bad, it would not be my first choice if given an option for other factory wheels and black definitely wouldn't have been a color option for me.

I did purchase a set of the Need4Speed "R spec" 19" wheels in satin graphite which I am very pleased with so far. The stock tires fit perfectly on the wheels and the car handled very well at "speed." The price is around $1750 delivered.
cars.and coffee.sm.jpg

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
The black "industrial-looking" stock wheels just didn't make the grade for me on my white GT350. While the style of the wheel isn't bad, it would not be my first choice if given an option for other factory wheels and black definitely wouldn't have been a color option for me.

I did purchase a set of the Need4Speed "R spec" 19" wheels in satin graphite which I am very pleased with so far. The stock tires fit perfectly on the wheels and the car handled very well at "speed." The price is around $1750 delivered.
Those look very nice and I've been lurking on the threads with these wheels with a lot of interest. I've been searching and can't find the weight difference with those compared to the stock non-R wheels. Do you or others know off hand?

I'll probably stay stock for this year and maybe next. But, I'm sure I'll want to get a different set of wheels eventually. I hope OZ makes a set of Leggera HLT that fit this car. I love the open spoke look so you can still get a good look at the beautiful huge brakes on this car. Plus OZ is a very good wheel company and these are pretty light for a non forged set of 19s.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whe...&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=GT+Performance+Pkg

Last edited:

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
I'm planning on pickin up a set of the 6gr wheels while I wait for my other set 8-12 weeks :eyebulge:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
If the R "style" wheel (in a forging as opposed to cf) came standard on the "lesser" GT350's and the R model came with the turbine style wheels instead, I'd have no interest in changing at all. As mentioned, the R spokes are far easier to clean which is wheel choice priority reason #2 for me.

While both wheel styles look good, IMHO the R is much sexier when matched with the body of the GT350.

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
I did purchase a set of the Need4Speed "R spec" 19" wheels in satin graphite which I am very pleased with so far. The stock tires fit perfectly on the wheels and the car handled very well at "speed." The price is around $1750 delivered.[/QUOTE]

Your car looks great.

I ordered a set of "R" spec wheels from them in the same color. Like you, my car is Oxford white & will use the stock tires. They weigh 24-26 f/r ea. So, they're lighter than OEM wheels. 30-35 total pounds of dead weight taken off the car.

I was thinking of all that black brake dust covering the wheels... I changed the color to Glossy Black & would use Cquartz to cover the finish. Make it Much easier to clean them.
Now, after seeing your car, I'm leaning back to Graphite. But, having it done in a glossy finish & apply the Cquartz to the entire wheel.
They're selling out of each shipment of wheels before they arrive to the states. They can custom finish them in any color as well.

Sponsored

MidloGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
If I ever changed, I'm not spending money to have R knock off wheels. I'll go with something completely not factory looking. For now, the factory wheels are good.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I actually find them a LOT easier to clean than my 15 GT/PP wheels,,,,and I'm pretty anal about the break dust. Ya I know so I bought the wrong car. LOL! I really like the wheels on the 350.

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Those look very nice and I've been lurking on the threads with these wheels with a lot of interest. I've been searching and can't find the weight difference with those compared to the stock non-R wheels. Do you or others know off hand?

The stock non-R wheel & tire weighs 61.02 pounds for the front. The rear was 62.00
The Need4Speed Co. Used my 350 to test the fitment in their development of their wheel. They weighed the stock wheels to compare between the two. With stock tires & their wheel, the difference is around 7-8 pounds per wheel.
Of course,Using the MPSSC-2 tires in 305/315 will weigh a little more.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS