Sponsored

GT350 owners, do most of you feel the need to get nicer wheels?

Beith Performance Parts

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.beithperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Yes, the center of the 6GR wheel is different to the OEM R wheel.

But the point of the 6GR design was not to 100% copy the OEM R wheel, but rather to create a design that offers a similar look.

Regarding the quality of the 6GR wheels, they come with a lifetime structural defect warranty.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I really like the look of the stock OEM GT350 wheels a lot. IMHO, they're more unique looking compared to the R's. The only reason I like the R wheel better is because of the carbon fiber weight savings, but not necessarily based on the look of the wheel itself. So I have little interest in R replicas. If I were to get aftermarket wheels, I'd probably look for another lightweight rim vs the 6GR.

Regarding quality, I would assume regardless of where the wheel is manufactured, being an OEM Ford product requires the wheel to meet certain specifications set by Ford. The heavier weight is the most disappointing aspect for me, but I assume (hope) this means the wheel is also very durable.

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
I added a shelby american sticker in the windshield and registered the car in the shelby registry. No mods done or planned. Love the wheels by the way. Each to his own. But to me, GT350 trak pak is sweet as it is and will remain 100% stock.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Its a joke to say the stock wheels are crappy , if you think the $400 6grR spec ( which are not even a true replica) are nicer then go for it, but to me they look cheap and the center of the wheel is all wrong .

$400 wheels on a $60k car is more like a down grade!

Also the front r specs are more like 27 pounds and not even close to 10 pounds lighter , more like 6 pounds
Well I never said they were crappy. My reply was that I find it hard to believe they would be crappy! And I also said I don't have mine yet. So all I can go by is everyone elses opinions. I don't care about the weight of the wheels and all that as my car will probably never see a track like my F250 that's getting a $20k Lift will never see off road... I get things because I like the way they look and because well they're my vehicles :thumbsup:. The 6GR wheels to me look nice without the OEM R price tag and plenty of people on here already have them for that reason.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Do you own a gt350R??? I think you are confused, a replica is a exact copy and this post is about having nicer wheels then the stock gt350!My point is that the 6gr wheels are not nicer at all and are just a poor cheap copy. I think you bought your wheels without realizing that they don't really look like the real deal! By the way I plan to own a gt350 soon enough! Love the DIB , I just think the stock wheels are better looking than the 6gr. Honestly if I had your car and they made a exact replica I would be all over them for the wider tires, the 6grs just don't look right, the center needs to be deeper to look correct.
Dude, what's your problem? Why would you insist on "picking" a fight on an internet forum? Trying to tell people, like me, that we are idiots for replacing our wheels with something "you" think is inferior? Come on up to Northern Ca and we can talk about it... if you're man or woman enough? ;)

I didn't buy these wheels to replace the carbon fiber R wheels. I bought the wheels to replace the standard GT350 wheels. If I could afford the R wheels I would have paid the large ADM to get the R. Nobody said they are an exact copy. You can't copy the design because they are carbon fiber. There are things you can do with carbon fiber you can't do with aluminum. NFSM specifically said they could not copy the design without running into legal problems. The wheel is being sold as an R Spec. That doesn't mean exact copy. We all knew that before we placed orders and if I'm not mistaken I was one of the first 10 people to place an order along with the other 9, many of which are heavy into track/racing. I'm not sure why you are so against these wheels... they are a great wheel for an outstanding price. Putting Cup 2's on these wheels also totally changes the handling of the vehicle... Never coulda'/thought such a heavy car could handle so well!!! But yeah, it's in the tires. However, these wheels are not a "downgrade" whatsoever regardless of how much you think they are. :doh:

Side by side... comparing the standard GT350 wheel to the 6GR... in person... the 6GR wheel IS nicer. But that's my own opinion. After 2 days of regular driving, having to clean either wheel becomes a pain... both wheels turn a brown/red'ish color... fronts worse than the rear.

If you don't like the wheel, then you don't like the wheel. There is no reason to call out people and tell them they are stupid for buying them. It just shows ignorance and immaturity, and I doubt you willingly fall in that category. :) :cheers:

Sponsored

Deranged1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I like the looks of the stocks wheels but way to heavy for my taste. I plan to buy a lighter set but haven't decided which route to go.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Dude, what's your problem? Why would you insist on "picking" a fight on an internet forum? Trying to tell people, like me, that we are idiots for replacing our wheels with something "you" think is inferior? Come on up to Northern Ca and we can talk about it... if you're man or woman enough? ;)

I didn't buy these wheels to replace the carbon fiber R wheels. I bought the wheels to replace the standard GT350 wheels. If I could afford the R wheels I would have paid the large ADM to get the R. Nobody said they are an exact copy. You can't copy the design because they are carbon fiber. There are things you can do with carbon fiber you can't do with aluminum. NFSM specifically said they could not copy the design without running into legal problems. The wheel is being sold as an R Spec. That doesn't mean exact copy. We all knew that before we placed orders and if I'm not mistaken I was one of the first 10 people to place an order along with the other 9, many of which are heavy into track/racing. I'm not sure why you are so against these wheels... they are a great wheel for an outstanding price. Putting Cup 2's on these wheels also totally changes the handling of the vehicle... Never coulda'/thought such a heavy car could handle so well!!! But yeah, it's in the tires. However, these wheels are not a "downgrade" whatsoever regardless of how much you think they are. :doh:

Side by side... comparing the standard GT350 wheel to the 6GR... in person... the 6GR wheel IS nicer. But that's my own opinion. After 2 days of regular driving, having to clean either wheel becomes a pain... both wheels turn a brown/red'ish color... fronts worse than the rear.

If you don't like the wheel, then you don't like the wheel. There is no reason to call out people and tell them they are stupid for buying them. It just shows ignorance and immaturity, and I doubt you willingly fall in that category. :) :cheers:
It's funny that he said Do you own a GT350R??? Because he doesn't own a GT350, R, GT, EB or 6 banger for that matter... Responses only based on Google searches and trolling. And No I don't own a GT350R either but I do have a legit order # for a '17 GT350 and happen to like the 6GR wheels and it's my money and my car... Go back to the Lightning forums :frusty:

This is what I'm picturing to be fitting

giphy.gif

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
To get back on topic, I feel the need to get lighter wheels. I love the way the OEM rims look, but the fact that it's cast and heavy, PITA to clean makes lightweight rims the first, and possibly only performance mod I'll do on the car. Everything else is perfect, even the tiny spoiler, lol.

RonnieSVT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SVT Lighting , 2018 GT350

Why so you can shoot me with one of your
Turkish Mausers?????

I'm sure Paul would love to hear about your Genoside weapon of choice!
Sponsored