icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Back-roads in the GT350...

We used to have a local T.V. show called Bay Area Back-roads, which the host would drive the back-roads of the Bay Area in search of Northern California history and simply to find “the different”. The roads taken to get to those locations inspired me to start this post.

Today's episode takes me from Los Gatos through Portola Valley and into Woodside then back home. Route taken was Hwy 17 > Ca-9 > Ca-35 (known as Skyline) > Ca-84 > on to Interstate 280 and home.

The view to the right is The Silicon Valley home to Google, Facebook, Yahoo, HP, Apple, Intel, Stanford University, Super Bowl 50, SJ Sharks, and so many more. The view on the left, on a clear day, is the Pacific Ocean.

Road conditions included wet roads, clear of traffic, only a few bicyclists, and one minor rock slide. No real story to go with this as I just drove and drove, stopped to take a picture or two, then drove again. Great views.

The route:

The Car:

The Road:

What's your favorite local road?
Sponsored

enzo101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Pig Trail from Ozark AR to Fayetteville AR is simply awesome. Clarksville AR to Oark AR is also great but that road looks superb.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
One of my favorite memories of the Bay was taking a break from Facebook on Page Mill when it was there and taking a short jaunt up Skyline with some coworkers.
256591_4433264837958_1698176836_o.jpg

Slo55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16GT350Tech w/TracTran&Diff,FP Sprngs/SBs,DSC V3
Very Cool! Thanks for the reminder, I know the road well. I'm expecting my car to arrive this weekend and this will be a nice cruise.
If you are ever further north, 128 from Cloverdale to the Mendocino coast (about 1-1/2 hrs), through Booneville is an awesome drive.

C7 B8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350R, '11 Mustang GT
I grew up in San Leandro and used to ride sport bikes on those roads all the time, stopping at the Alice's Restaurant to hang out etc. Great roads out there. The road out to Pescadero can be pretty quick.
Were you a Pirate?

Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm looking forward to driving out to big basin and a couple good ones up here in the east bay. This is going to be a great thread thanks for starting.

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'm looking forward to driving out to big basin and a couple good ones up here in the east bay. This is going to be a great thread thanks for starting.
More to come... ;)

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Excellent thread...you guys are making me jealous...given winter is hell in Ontario right now...

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Great thread! Keep posting your backroad travels, as I live right in the heart of it and I could use some good routes in the future.

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Back-roads in the GT350...

We used to have a local T.V. show called Bay Area Back-roads, which the host would drive the back-roads of the Bay Area in search of Northern California history and simply to find “the different”. The roads taken to get to those locations inspired me to start this post.

Today's episode takes me from Los Gatos through Portola Valley and into Woodside then back home. Route taken was Hwy 17 > Ca-9 > Ca-35 (known as Skyline) > Ca-84 > on to Interstate 280 and home.

The view to the right is The Silicon Valley home to Google, Facebook, Yahoo, HP, Apple, Intel, Stanford University, Super Bowl 50, SJ Sharks, and so many more. The view on the left, on a clear day, is the Pacific Ocean.

Road conditions included wet roads, clear of traffic, only a few bicyclists, and one minor rock slide. No real story to go with this as I just drove and drove, stopped to take a picture or two, then drove again. Great views.

The route:

The Car:

The Road:

What's your favorite local road?

Nice! My route to work is HWY 9, hopefully I can get one to drive on it soon. You have the exact color I want to get too, sick car man!

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Jealous of the roads you guys have out west.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Very nice, I typically liked to go the other way past boulder creek and come back through Santa Cruz, Alpine to Pescadero also not a bad route. Sadly I have not been up to Alice's since I sold my last sport bike, will have to change that with the GT350

OP
OP
icormba

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Episode 2.
Wednesday’s episode of “Back-roads in the GT350” takes use from South San Jose for a visit with a friend at Dinan Headquarters in Morgan Hill.

This road starts on Almaden Expressway south to McKean Road and around Calero Reservoir. Hang a left on Oak Glen Ave and a left at Willow Springs, after passing Chesbro Reservoir, which puts you in the outskirts of Morgan Hill and on to Dinan. I didn’t have time to pull over and take a shot of the road this time around.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Awesome!!! I dig this thread!

We took the same Skyline cruise a few months back! I bottomed out WAYYY too hard and broke my driver side shock mount. I pulled over right on that same curve you are on in your pic to assess the damage.

I'd bet a dollar you know exactly the point in which I bottomed out!

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
fun roads for sure, if the speed limit wasn't so low it would be perfect
Sponsored