Sponsored

GT350 on the backroads

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
how is mines road for gravel and stuff?

i havent driven the whole route in years (did it a few times in my s2k) but i recall a lot of issues with the road when your closer to the livermore side. The backside of Mt Hamilton was pure epic road!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
You starting to like this place?
Who doesn't like San Fran/bay area?

I bid SFO, PDX, LAX, SAN and SEA. Good layovers

I always make it a point to go over to Boudin's on the warf and get a bunch of sourdough to bring home.

I've got a friend who is in the self driving car business who lives out there. We always catch up and grab a bite and have some beers. One of my favorites is Rogue public house. Great Rogue beer on tap that you usually can't find outside of the brewery.

I would choose to live in the area if it wasn't for the gun control, extreme liberalism, and high taxes..... :ninja:

Anyway, I visit these places and wish I had my 350 with me. Getting back to the point of this thread, Cali sure does have some great driving roads. :thumbsup:

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350

i havent driven the whole route in years (did it a few times in my s2k) but i recall a lot of issues with the road when your closer to the livermore side. The backside of Mt Hamilton was pure epic road!
I’ve run it twice in the west bound direction since June and while not a perfectly smooth road it’s actually not that bad. The front side of Hamilton though is amazing as it was recently re-paved and is very smooth. I like going out on weekday mornings early, no traffic at all.

Last edited:

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

The road does have some gravel. On Sport Cup 2 tires it is awful hearing the gravel they pick up hitting the rear view mirror and side of the car. With MPSS tires it is fine.

After recent rains there is some water that runs on the road in certain areas. They are doing some construction and have a traffic light set up. Ignore it and blow past. I wound up waiting for 20 minutes before proceeding with caution. It is only a single lane for 75 or so yards.

Last edited:

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
I would choose to live in the area if it wasn't for the gun control, extreme liberalism, and high taxes..... :ninja:
Lol. I don't know what state you live it but the political ineptitude of the people running this Golden State boggles my mind. I've lived here my whole life outside my overseas long tours but have had the luck of traveling to other states. Glad they are not all like this although it is pretty here. What startles me is the chaos is starting to blur into the surrounding states :( I don't know where this sense of entitlement or utopia came from but someone has to pay and sadly we do out the nose.

Seriously bad run of Governor's and overall chemical euphoria I guess is running this state into the ground sadly. One thing I can say is that while I didn't vote for him Moonbeam was a better choice then Meg. We can all see what she has done to the company she is running...

I apologize for I didn't mean to derail the thread. I caught this thread and was reading through it to see some of the drives you are all taking. We take our GT/PP through Napa a lot and enjoy it. A few drives up and down the coast has well. Looking to borrow a couple for a weekend drive trying to see what I can catch from our Sacramento area :)

Thanks for the thread - it was a good read.

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The road is much better at night when you can see the lights of other cars coming. This video shows what it looks like day time.

If anyone wants to bomb it at night PM me. It is a blast.
[ame]

bretlasalle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
Shhhhhhh about Mines Rd y'all haha.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
The road is much better at night when you can see the lights of other cars coming. This video shows what it looks like day time.

If anyone wants to bomb it at night PM me. It is a blast.
I like you driving gloves...:thumbsup:
Sponsored