Sponsored

GT350 newbie...camber plates, do I really need them?

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Is this mainly for adjustability on the track or an overall good idea to have on the car even with a stock suspension?

I finally decided against lowering the car some more, (did consider BMR minimal drop springs) I already drag the bottom of the front aero and I'm only at 365 miles. :curse:

I had MM caster / camber plates on my 15 GTPP...if I do add plates on the 350, it'll be STEEDAs camber only plates.
Sponsored

nordique14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Magnetic Gray (J1601)
Camber bolts. $32. Will get you up to -2.5. As good as you get with camber plates.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
If you're not planning on tracking the car then you won't need caster/camber plates.
What he said. And if you do decide to track the car, the plates aren't absolutely necessary. Depending on your track driving, traction will suffer slightly and tire wear would increase. If you track it and decide against the camber plates, a track alignment would be your best bet with the maximum negative camber that the OEM plates will allow.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
You can have a blast tracking this car bone stock. Anything you do to enhance that is up to you. I am not a good enough driver to get all the performance out of this car it is capable of in stock form.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rvlyssup

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Thanks for the response guys...:beer:

JTVUDOO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
OK, since there’s no way in hell I'm putting a smaller Camber bolt on my car (which I track), I plan on putting Ford Performance Springs on my car and need to dial in the Camber. What brand of Camber Plates has anyone installed? Thx

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Is this mainly for adjustability on the track or an overall good idea to have on the car even with a stock suspension?

I finally decided against lowering the car some more, (did consider BMR minimal drop springs) I already drag the bottom of the front aero and I'm only at 365 miles. :curse:

I had MM caster / camber plates on my 15 GTPP...if I do add plates on the 350, it'll be STEEDAs camber only plates.
Disclaimer I dont own a gt350... So my answer is based on past experience. The short answer is it depends... If you are daily driving your car then no. If U never plan on doing a track day no, if you dont have adjustable shock absorbers no.

I installed them on my old AE86 here's my review:
if The camber plates have pillowball mounts it will DRAMATICALLY improve your cars turn in response even when set to stock camber... once you add some more negative the car totally transforms... And thats Y you buy them.

The drawback is without adjustable shock absorbers this mod can cause issues. The more negative you go in camber the worst the braking response gets, because your making your straight line contact patch smaller.

If you have adjustable shocks you can soften the fronts a few clicks and that will compensate for it, by letting the car dive more under braking and standing up the tire more.

The other drawback is more negative camber dramatically shortens your tire life... I was getting about 25% of my normal tire, but i was running +2 degrees car felt like an absolute rocket in the corners... But buying tires got old... Even though my tires at the time were only 40.00 each lol 14"rims rock!

So long story short, it depends... Id just enjoy the car as is and if in a year u want or need them get them

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
All that said, chances are unless you're an expert you do not need or want any mods to ur car. Just drive the car and enjoy it. Especially for road racing you're not going to ever be able to push that car hard enough to start seeing it's limits...

I road raced my 2016 GT PP and hit the limit in a few corners even my car is insanely capable on a track... I was taking corners well over 95 mph and was exiting turn 9 entering the straightaway at the top of 4th gear... So yeah... You dont need any mods to these cars... These cars become kittens on a race track.... Literally, they are so easy to drive fast it's like you arent trying...

A gt350 is my car on steroids... So save your money and If anything just buy another set of tires that's all u need...
Sponsored