ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I'm not giving anything away at this point, but somebody is within 0.x of being correct already. ;)
Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I am assuming Monday or Tuesday that Kooks will do a press release? Or can you tell us when they will have the information publicly available?

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I am assuming Monday or Tuesday that Kooks will do a press release? Or can you tell us when they will have the information publicly available?
I wish I knew, but I would assume Monday or Tuesday would be correct. :cheers:

Evilwill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Well if we take lethal Performance's gt350 setup into account.
You can get very close idea of whats its going to be like with LT.
Granted that is with E85 CAI and a Cat Delete and a Tune

Sponsored

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
479.7 without a tune

Good luck!

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
Yes sir, this is my car. Kooks has worked with me for several years with the drag race car. It was only natural that I take them the Shelby. There has been a lot of work going on behind the scenes before my car got there. They had a prototype header system built before my car was even built.

The next step is to validate the results on the dyno at Roush Yates. There will be a few different components tested on the dyno looking for the best HP/TQ curve. The goal has always been to build a premium exhaust system for the Shelby GT350.

I'm not sure exactly what all I can report, but they have released that these are a 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" stepped design. Currently they are using the factory cat back exhaust.
The sound is an amazing improvement! Love the difference (love stock sound as well!)

With aftermarket headers, and cats will this void warranty? My assumption is yes but I could be wrong.

Would love to run no cats (would install cats again when I have to pass smog) but will the ECU show record of the cats missing for a duration of time when and if it ever has to go in for warranty work? (my assumption is yes it will show but I wanted to get someones first hand input on this)

Cant wait to see those dyno numbers!!

SinisterX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche grey
sub'd

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Would love to run no cats (would install cats again when I have to pass smog) but will the ECU show record of the cats missing for a duration of time when and if it ever has to go in for warranty work? (my assumption is yes it will show but I wanted to get someones first hand input on this)

Not sure the ECU would pick up a missing cat unless the cat sends a no cat signal to the ECU because it is hardwared with a sensor that reports that condition. Usually a cat bypass sensor will take care of that. I think the ECU will try to compensate incorrecty if cat is missing and no tune. You have to get used to a rich gas smelling condition if you want to run without cats and no tune.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT

Not sure the ECU would pick up a missing cat unless the cat sends a no cat signal to the ECU because it is hardwared with a sensor that reports that condition. Usually a cat bypass sensor will take care of that. I think the ECU will try to compensate incorrecty if cat is missing and no tune. You have to get used to a rich gas smelling condition if you want to run without cats and no tune.

Buy the j-shaped O2 defoulers from vibrant. They will keep the check engine light from coming on and the ECU from figuring out anything, even with the stock tune. Worked like a charm for me.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452475688.951636.jpg

Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
The sound is an amazing improvement! Love the difference (love stock sound as well!)

With aftermarket headers, and cats will this void warranty? My assumption is yes but I could be wrong.

Cant wait to see those dyno numbers!!
Warranty is a touchy situation. Let's say that next week my drivers side window quits working. There is no way that the addition of the exhaust could have caused that failure, so warranty should cover that. Let's say that I have an issue with the car running lean or something pertaining to the driveline. Ford could very well claim the aftermarket part caused the issue and deny the claim.

If an aftermarket part fails or causes a factory part to fail, I simply could not expect the Ford warranty to cover it. :cheers:

OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I used two anti foulers, drilled out one to I believe 1/2" to accommodate the O2 sensor. Screwed that one on to the O2 sensor. Then screwed on the other non drilled out one to the drilled out O2 sensor. Did perfectly fine for me.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Warranty is a touchy situation. Let's say that next week my drivers side window quits working. There is no way that the addition of the exhaust could have caused that failure, so warranty should cover that. Let's say that I have an issue with the car running lean or something pertaining to the driveline. Ford could very well claim the aftermarket part caused the issue and deny the claim.

If an aftermarket part fails or causes a factory part to fail, I simply could not expect the Ford warranty to cover it. :cheers:

Exactly. You can't expect Ford to cover your car on something that you've modified. That's not fair.

That being said, I doubt that the stock tune would let the car go lean with long tube headers and off road down pipes as long as the primary O2 sensors are functioning properly. You can trick the secondaries with the defoulers to avoid the CEL, and they don't actually change the tune if they aren't triggered (too rich because of the cats being removed). The right defoulers should keep you in the clear there.

Now, with modern ECUs, you have to do this at your own risk. They are getting more and more sensitive with every generation. If Ford decides not to cover something related to the modifications, I'd say you pretty much have to deal with that. There's no foolproof way to play around without risk.

If you're not worried about squeezing out every ounce of power, I'd suggest just keeping the car stock and enjoying it without worry. The stock exhaust already sounds REALLY good and unique, the car has a lot of power right off the showroom, and 99% of people will never be able to take a stock GT350 to its limits. Decide what's right for you. Spend your modification money of track days if you want to keep that warranty safe. ;)