Sponsored

Gt350 intake manifold with Paxton supercharger?

OXFORDS550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 oxford GT white premium black accent
I have a gt350 manifold using the stock throttle body. Have any of you guys supercharged the gt350 manifold with a Paxton kit?
Sponsored

solshinobi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium , Kona Blue, 10 Spd Auto
I am curious about this as well honestly.

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 50th with PP
I am curious about this as well honestly.
Me too, I asked about this a few months ago (For my ProCharger) and didnt get a whole lot of useful feedback. So Hopefully this thread gets a little more traction.

OP
OP
OXFORDS550GT

OXFORDS550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 oxford GT white premium black accent
The problem I'm having is I already have the 350 intake manifold on the car using the stock throttle body with the mmr spacer. The Paxton kit comes with a spacer to turn the throttle body upward so it's out of the way of the supercharger. I'm wondering if I can use those 2 together

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
The problem I'm having is I already have the 350 intake manifold on the car using the stock throttle body with the mmr spacer. The Paxton kit comes with a spacer to turn the throttle body upward so it's out of the way of the supercharger. I'm wondering if I can use those 2 together

Did you ever get an answer on this?

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i think it should work fine, placement is very simlilar, should just be a coupler trim if anything

it should work well with the kit, just as the boss does, but better

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Me too, I asked about this a few months ago (For my ProCharger) and didnt get a whole lot of useful feedback. So Hopefully this thread gets a little more traction.
Well this has become a pretty big topic. Because of this post http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57987
and my recent results in this post http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58993
I had the same concern of why car isn't making more power above 6500. I contacted my tuner (Lund) and had the discussion, that I wasn't aware of before going the centrifugal route. I was told this is common on centri's because the stock intake is the issue. With a change of intake it sounds like sky is the limit on producing bigger numbers. I am keeping a close eye on Z06psi post with the Holley Sniper intake http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56297
Then off of that basing which way I'm am going - GT350 intake or Sniper.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
i think it should work fine, placement is very simlilar, should just be a coupler trim if anything

it should work well with the kit, just as the boss does, but better

This would be great if that is the case. My preference is the Paxton setup.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
I was at a recent NMRA event and Juggernaut Racing's orange GT has a Vortech setup (similar to Paxton) and they run the GT350 mani with their setup. Maybe contact them? I talked to them at the event and I vaguely remember there was an issue with the motor of the TB hitting the Vortech and a adapter plate had to be used to clock the TB into a different position. Pretty sure his Vortech was a larger trim. But it is doable.

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I decided on the Boss Intake Manifold, and have great power up top now all the way to 8k. I'm sure the GT350 manifold will give great results too!

Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I decided on the Boss Intake Manifold, and have great power up top now all the way to 8k. I'm sure the GT350 manifold will give great results too!
Any before after numbers? How much boost?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
all the cars need the throttle body rotated

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK

Can you share the Dyno graph if you have one?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Well this has become a pretty big topic. Because of this post http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57987
and my recent results in this post http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58993
I had the same concern of why car isn't making more power above 6500. I contacted my tuner (Lund) and had the discussion, that I wasn't aware of before going the centrifugal route. I was told this is common on centri's because the stock intake is the issue. With a change of intake it sounds like sky is the limit on producing bigger numbers. I am keeping a close eye on Z06psi post with the Holley Sniper intake http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56297
Then off of that basing which way I'm am going - GT350 intake or Sniper.

Totally different issue than the first post you linked. The D1 post is about flat power after 6500 due to lund vct tuning. Your power still climbs, just not as high as you would like. Look at the procharger post a few minutes ago. Climbing steady all the way to 7500 on stock intake.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally different issue than the first post you linked. The D1 post is about flat power after 6500 due to lund vct tuning. Your power still climbs, just not as high as you would like. Look at the procharger post a few minutes ago. Climbing steady all the way to 7500 on stock intake.
No...my power does not still climb. Flatlines at 6500. I did two pulls on the dyno. One to 6500 rpm and another to 7250 rpm. Boost went up 1.5 psi in that 750 rpm span but HP did not. Max at both rpm levels was 601. I saw the PC post so that tells me that the issue i'm being told (intake manifold) is not the problem.
Sponsored