Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 50th with PP
So, I picked up my 2015 GT - Performance Package - 50th - Black - in December

I now have 800 miles on the car, and have ordered, and just received:

- ProCharger Complete HO Kit with Stage 2 Intercooler
- ARH CatBack Exhaust with H Pipe
- Eibach Springs

I am waiting for BMR to complete their wheel hop elimination kit and then will, hopefully be addressing that issue. Wheels and better rubber will also both be coming shortly.

So, I thought I should take a few quick pics of the "before", as the above parts will be installed this coming week. I also did some baseline dyno pulls this morning before putting in the ProCharger kit.

Before Pics and Completely Stock Baseline Dyno:

-------------

For ProCharger HO Kit Dyno Review, see post # 52 / Page 3: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19479&page=3
Sponsored

Last edited:

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Good choice in set up, can't wait to see the end results!

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
sub'd

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium PP
Can't wait! Im between this and the vortech/paxton kit when it comes out

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Looks promising mate.
Turbo on a 5.0 is wow.. Can't wait to see some numbers!!!
Good luck.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh this is going to be awesome!

(Paris adult book store...hahaha)
I drove by it on my way to jump on the dyno this morning ... and I had to turn around...

It just seemed right.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I drove by it on my way to jump on the dyno this morning ... and I had to turn around...

It just seemed right.
Not mad at ya... :cheers:

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
Are you running the complete HO kit plus stg 2 intercooler? Meaning PC's injectors, boost, tune?

OP
OP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you running the complete HO kit plus stg 2 intercooler? Meaning PC's injectors, boost, tune?
Yessir, just upgraded to the Stage 2 Intercooler

- Received my tune within 2 hours of emailing in my stock-file.

Sponsored

TxBornSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang comes when the Wife gets out of NP school
Why procharger over whipple or kenne bell. Honestly asking been looking online and can't see a reason for one over the other besides personal preference. I also want to know for the one I plan on getting this fall?

OP
OP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why procharger over whipple or kenne bell. Honestly asking been looking online and can't see a reason for one over the other besides personal preference. I also want to know for the one I plan on getting this fall?
Well, you really just hit the nail on the head, it comes down to personal preference. No one FI option is "best", it simply comes down to how you like power delivered and how much maintenance/install complexity you want to get into. I've had everything from 400whp Turbo 4's, to blown straight 6's:

VR6 w/ GT4088:

E46 M3 with Vortech unit:

What it really came down to, for me personally are a few factors:
1) Ease of install (~5hrs)
2) Low Maintenance
3) Power Delivery Characteristics

People get very locked into the "I want more power", especially in the age of internet forums where *cough* "everyone" is making huge numbers. But what you really have to ask yourself, is when you're driving your car, where exactly in the power delivery curve do you actually want more power. For me, I do not need more (Although obviously there will be an addition) off idle power ... I want more peak rpm power. I prefer the linear power delivery and rising boost rate of a centrifugal unit. Its predictable.

I like the future upgrade ability of this kit ... right now I cant see wanting more than 600whp in this car, but if I decide that I want more than that in a year, its completely capable of doing that. People have made 700whp on this kit; and with a simple headunit, tuning, fueling swap, obviously much more is possible. I like how modular this kit is.

In theory, the way boost/power comes on with a centrifugal unit, it SHOULD be easier on drivetrain components - clutch/axles/transmission - I want to enjoy this car, not have a massive project car that is CONSTANTLY breaking things every time I go for a cruise with my girlfriend ... I've owned these in the past, and it gets old quickly. So ask yourself, what are you using your car for, and why do you want more power than this kit is capable of?

What is YOUR power goal? How do YOU drive YOUR car? Do you want more power for the street? The Strip - if so, what kind of times are you looking to achieve? Road course? How much other work do you want to do to your car? What kind of maintenance can you afford? What is your total budget, not just the cost of the blower, but supporting modifications?

Only downside to a centrifgal unit is that when you're dealing with a v8, when you pop the hood everyone at the car show is expecting a big PD blower ... theres no "wow" factor. Other than that, I dont see a benefit to a PD blower ...

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
That's a really great description of why you went with the ProCharger. You echo a lot of my same sentiments and project plans for this car and I can't get away from ProCharger as a good fit for me.

Car looks great, keep it comin!

OP
OP

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a really great description of why you went with the ProCharger. You echo a lot of my same sentiments and project plans for this car and I can't get away from ProCharger as a good fit for me.

Car looks great, keep it comin!
I actually WANTED a Whipple kit, from a sound/cosmetics standpoint ... just when it came down to reasoning through it, the Centrifugal unit just makes more sense for me.

TxBornSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang comes when the Wife gets out of NP school
Your write up answered all of my questions thanks!

This is going to be a toy; A weekend cruiser. I won't be tracking it with any regularity if at all ( I can't promise I won't do a couple of qtr mile runs.) I don't have disposable income to be CONSTANTLY fixing stuff. I want to know that when I punch it here comes the power with little if any lag. I don't want to be doing maintenance every 1000 miles with the unit because something has gone wrong. As far as my expectations for power I don't know. The s550 will be the most powerful car I will have owned so far. I had a V6 mustang (2k) and a few stock Z cars. Right now I have a grocery getter with Excellent Fuel Economy so anything will be a step up.

Cost, Ease of Install, Low maintenance, Easily upgraded = Sounds like when the time comes it will be Pro Charger for me
Sponsored