Sponsored

GT350 Intake Manifold Swap & Testing on JDM Engineering's 2015 Mustang GT Automatic

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
good job on pioneering this guys

BLUEIVYS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT performance deep impact blue
I agree. The car can use a wire tuck badly but with the black manifold runners and the custom tinted lid we made for the aid box it looks sinister under the hood.
Where can I buy that ford logo for my intake. Looks nice!

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
This is awesome. I have a feeling an IM/TB combo and JDM tune are in my future. Keep us updated.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT

Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Nick, you'd go straight to epic hero status if you could include a Boss 302 IM as well as a CJ setup in this comparo.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
HPTuners only....no special functionality yet for Fords so I have to do it the old fashioned way. ;-)

Google always wins.:D

PS. I am not a Ford guy, the S550 caught my attention, the Focus RS and new Raptor will also be in my garage.....so don't be too hard on me, I am slowly joining the club.:D

edit: So, the whistle is the IMRC solenoid or valves. Every time they open, squeaks pretty loudly. When I give it enough air load they open and squeak and when it's idling and I shut the car off they are open at rest, so when I kill it they squeak open. I bet the Cobra Jet manifold doesn't squeak, lol.
:cheers:

We still have some work to do. The weather has not been on our side. Stupid cold and it snowed yesterday. I will let everyone know when the GT350 manifold tune is for sale. We wont let it go unless it's perfect.
Thanks Nick for the honest reply:cheers:

OP
OP
Nick@JDM

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
Nick, you'd go straight to epic hero status if you could include a Boss 302 IM as well as a CJ setup in this comparo.
Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen. I can tell you for almost certain that the gains from a Boss or CJ will be slightly higher than the GT350 intake due to the shorter runners and will carry power a little higher in the RPMs. You will also see a larger drop in low end torque as a result of the shorter runners and lack of runner controls. The CJ is best for building a maximum effort, high revving engine combination but I feel the GT350 manifold provides the perfect balance of performance and drivability plus it fits easily under the hood of our 2015. The Boss and CJ require more effort to fit as may already know.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Unfortunately that's probably not going to happen. I can tell you for almost certain that the gains from a Boss or CJ will be slightly higher than the GT350 intake due to the shorter runners and will carry power a little higher in the RPMs. You will also see a larger drop in low end torque as a result of the shorter runners and lack of runner controls. The CJ is best for building a maximum effort, high revving engine combination but I feel the GT350 manifold provides the perfect balance of performance and drivability plus it fits easily under the hood of our 2015. The Boss and CJ require more effort to fit as may already know.
I can see the cj making more but im not sure the boss will. This is going to be a boss option that works and does fit with no modifications. This boss version might be better power wise than the gt350.

http://www.brothersperformance.com/...30H9WFvHcaVA28XdiLowPgSsu4T1xCjGS0xoC9Yzw_wcB

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/manifolds/ford/victor-50-coyote.shtml

OP
OP
Nick@JDM

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
I can see the cj making more but im not sure the boss will. This is going to be a boss option that works and does fit with no modifications. Im not sure this is any better power wise than the gt350. At least it keeps the low end too unlike the boss. You get cake and get to eat it too.

http://www.brothersperformance.com/...30H9WFvHcaVA28XdiLowPgSsu4T1xCjGS0xoC9Yzw_wcB

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/manifolds/ford/victor-50-coyote.shtml
The Edelbrock manifold was my #1 interest until I saw the GT350 manifold pop up on Ford Performance. Usually when they list an OEM part like that it's because it works!

The Edelbrock is a perfect option for nitrous and or high boost. Some of the drawback are that the lack of runner controls will possibly give up some low end power during normal driving and the all metal construction may cause a heat soak effect that is not easily measured unless the manifold is run on a car with the hood closed for extended time.

What I do like about the Edelbrock manifold is that it is tuned to 7500 rpms (basically what the GT350 is tuned for) so it will provide nice top end gains as well.

We really don't know for sure how it will compare to other options until some independent tests are done. If we can get our hands on one first maybe that is something we will try in the future.

Sponsored

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Performance Package
Maybe i'm missing something here, so I apologize if so..I keep seeing people mention the gt350 CAI.. I have a JLT intake on my GT currently.. are the aftermarket intakes that much different for the GT350 vs the regular GT's? And if so, why wouldn't we be able to put the GT350 intake right on, I would assume it would all fit without a problem?

OP
OP
Nick@JDM

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
Maybe i'm missing something here, so I apologize if so..I keep seeing people mention the gt350 CAI.. I have a JLT intake on my GT currently.. are the aftermarket intakes that much different for the GT350 vs the regular GT's? And if so, why wouldn't we be able to put the GT350 intake right on, I would assume it would all fit without a problem?
People are asking about the GT350 CAI mostly due to the OEM look, fit and finish. We will be testing the GT350 CAI with the GT350 manifold and TB to see if its worth any power and or make sure it doesn't loose any over our current Airaid setup with MAF restrictor removed. Your existing JLT should work just fine with a GT350 manifold and TB swap. You just need a 4" rubber coupler and possibly one larger hose clamp to match.

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Performance Package
People are asking about the GT350 CAI mostly due to the OEM look, fit and finish. We will be testing the GT350 CAI with the GT350 manifold and TB to see if its worth any power and or make sure it doesn't loose any over our current Airaid setup with MAF restrictor removed. Your existing JLT should work just fine with a GT350 manifold and TB swap. You just need a 4" rubber coupler and possibly one larger hose clamp to match.
Awesome thanks for the reply!

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
So if anyone is curious like me as I dont want to piss on my warranty yet. I had to chance to ask someone pretty well connected with Ford Performance about the GT350 intake on the Coyote.

Ford will not likely be offering something like this in a kit form with a tune via Ford Performance.

GT350 Intake on the Coyote, won't meet CARB emissions, and tunes sold via Ford Performance must. He did mention the GT350 intake on the GT is good for 50 hp though.

Last edited:

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nice to see an nj tuner doin an na build. It might be the way to go for me.
Sponsored