Gt350 in the shop again....

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Hellcat Charger, 2020 mustang GT
I have had this car in the shop multiple times in ownership. I'm beginning to think I got a lemon, long story short I took it to my local dealer and they told me the noise I'm about to post was normal and not to worry about it. They printed out a TSB and said should be fine. I didn't agree with them, so I took it to another dealer which had the car for prob about 45mins and called me and told me it needed the intake manifold replaced, and maybe a new engine. So, I accepted and allowed them to do the work. The problem is now that they have replaced the intake manifold, they are saying they never said anything about replacing the engine. Long story short I contacted Ford customer service, and they said they would be in contact with me and gave me a case number. I gave the case number to the dealer and they still are saying they can't do anything and that they have a proper procedure before being able to replace the engine. I told them I understand, but then the dealer said we will test it by driving it about 100 miles and see if it gives us any issues. I said no that is not okay. I don't need unneeded miles added up on the car, they basically have said I am sol now and I don't know what to do. Should I wait on ford customer service to call me back, or just call them asap?

to big to normally upload, if breaking any guideline just let me know. Please listen to this and tell me what you think it might be.

Edit: I've also had the sway bar replaced and the ac compressor and evaporator. I also have major oil issues.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Unfortunately they jumped the gun and irresponsibly told you "maybe a new engine". They're correct when they say there's a proper procedure to get your engine replaced, and certain conditions have to be met. Also your link doesn't work.

I'd suggest letting them do the 100 mile test drive, but with you in the car. That's like an hour and half straight drive on the freeway.

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
This link should work...

Sounds like mine before they replaced my engine...

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
Dang that sounds exactly like mine, did yours get much louder on acceleration?

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
That's some crazy loud valve ticking, sounds like a gas-engined tractor. Hopefully they get you a new engine sooner rather than later. Go on the test drive with the tech.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
I agree with everyone, I knew it was a bad issue. Idk why no one will own up to it..they just keep pecking at the issue probably making it worse

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Bent rod.

Sponsored

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
Dang that sounds exactly like mine, did yours get much louder on acceleration?
Yes it got louder accelerating. It passed a compression test. But when they pulled the valve cover they found scored cam journals and they also found copper in the oil filter.

In the end they did buyback.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Copper means a failed bearing.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
Lemon the car.
Depends on the state. In washington, he wouldnt have a case. Each of his issues are seperate and have been fixed.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Depends on the state. In washington, he wouldnt have a case. Each of his issues are seperate and have been fixed.
i wonder if the times he took it in and they handed him the TSB and then tried replacing the intake would count as the “same issue”? just curious, as 3 times for the one issue here can get it done, but you’re right it’ll depend on the state.

OP
OP

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
How long do you guys think it will take for them to come to the conclusion it needs an engine. I’m ready to get out of this stupid Elantra.
Sponsored