Sponsored

GT350 FORScan Tweaks

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
So I planned to post a detailed explanation but I'm fried at this point......more details will follow.
Following [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] and [MENTION=18007]mattlqx[/MENTION] instructions,,,,,

Entering the codes listed in this forum for the transmission temp display gave me these trans temp displays and my start up cobra went from the standard GT350 cobra to the red one. Interesting it didn't say GT350R which I was happy about. I did not get to one Matt posted earlier.
When I tried the code to disable sound enhancement, my Sirius cut out so I changed it back. I'll revisit this later...

Matt, Epiphany, thanks for your quick response to my PM early in my attempt :lol: I nominate you both for the Mustang6G hall of fame:hail:
trans temp 2.jpg
trans temp 1.jpg
Standard cobra.jpg
Red cobra.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
I found it interesting the redline for the trans temp is at 300. Thought that was a bit high.
If you're changing codes, make sure to take good notes to change them back if needed.
Forscan is an interesting piece of software and I had never had any experience with any of it. When Matt and E-piph were talking about modules, I had no clue but when you have Forscan open and it's talking to your car, it all right in front of you.
forscan modules.jpg

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
So I planned to post a detailed explanation but I'm fried at this point......more details will follow.
Following [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] and [MENTION=9080]Mattlgx[/MENTION] instructions,,,,,

Entering the codes listed in this forum for the transmission temp display gave me these trans temp displays and my start up cobra went from the standard GT350 cobra to the red one. Interesting it didn't say GT350R which I was happy about. I did not get to one Matt posted earlier.
When I tried the code to disable sound enhancement, my Sirius cut out so I changed it back. I'll revisit this later...

Matt, Epiphany, thanks for your quick response to my PM early in my attempt :lol: I nominate you both for the Mustang6G hall of fame:hail:
You lucky SOB. :D

Great work Jim, i'll soon have to get started on this as well even though i'm afraid i'll fuck up somewhere.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Jim,
How hot is it in your neck of the woods and how hard where you driving it? I noticed your Trans Temp is almost at 200. It's been in the 80's here and I haven't seen mine go over 150 since I enabled it.

... and I think Matt posted both 2016 and 2017 model year "red snakes"? I have the same one you posted.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Jim,
How hot is it in your neck of the woods and how hard where you driving it? I noticed your Trans Temp is almost at 200. It's been in the 80's here and I haven't seen mine go over 150 since I enabled it.

... and I think Matt posted both 2016 and 2017 model year "red snakes"? I have the same one you posted.
It was in the mid 70s with high humidity. I was doing about 60-70 in third for a few miles just to familiarize myself with the new info.

I must have missed the similar red cobra posted by Matt...Kinda cool isn't it:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Tank.....great job my friend!!

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
You lucky SOB. :D

Great work Jim, i'll soon have to get started on this as well even though i'm afraid i'll fuck up somewhere.
Thank Dan! Saw your other reply from yesterday too. It's all good!!

Yeah, I gotta say with the warning notices from Forscan and also with the description of the Extended License (I did need to download it), I thought I could mess it up big time but I kept good notes. Taking pics is also good to save the original values..

Last edited:

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The animations are different between the model years. (Just in that 2017s contain the Ford Performance logo as well) They have updated software on the unit. The config variables to switch between them just remained the same.

Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
From my motel room down in Lake George NY looking up my Ipad looks like OBDLink MX readers are B/O through Amazon.ca . :frusty:

You guys know of a place i could find those down here. :shrug:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
From my motel room down in Lake George NY looking up my Ipad looks like OBDLink MX readers are B/O through Amazon.ca . :frusty:

You guys know of a place i could find those down here. :shrug:
Hey Dan,
Hope you're enjoying the Lake George area!
I only saw on line retailers- you might want to go directly through the manufacturer if it's b/o through amazon.ca. Can you get from amazon in the U.S?

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Regardless, I put a call in yesterday to my "radio/nav guy" and we are going to swap in Sync 3/Nav (8" screen!) and he'll be loading it up with the R model splash screen. He's done this exact setup for another GT350 owner already and the system worked perfectly. The only thing I won't be able to work is the dual zone climate control, IIRC. I'll report back with more on this as things progress.
Good luck with this operation Epiphany:cheers:

Look forward to hearing how it works out for you!

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Hey Dan,
Hope you're enjoying the Lake George area!
I only saw on line retailers- you might want to go directly through the manufacturer if it's b/o through amazon.ca. Can you get from amazon in the U.S?
yeah i guess i can always get it through Amazon.us, but sometimes they won't ship to Canada . I'll see about that when i get back.

Wifey just gave me this look.:eyebulge: WTF are you doing so late typing on your Ipad !!!!

Euhhh nothing honey, just checking out this very addictive Mustang site. ;)

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
yeah i guess i can always get it through Amazon.us, but sometimes they won't ship to Canada . I'll see about that when i get back.

Wifey just gave me this look.:eyebulge: WTF are you doing so late typing on your Ipad !!!!

Euhhh nothing honey, just checking out this very addictive Mustang site. ;)
I picked up mine from Amazon as well. There are other online retailers as well. Still pealing a layer of of melted skin off my back from being on the boat last week on Lake George. Use that sun block!
Sponsored