Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
most people don't actually log pressure, they just see a/f is good and go about their business

thats why we recommend and sell alot of the budget system.

these budget systems i'm usually doing $50 over cost just to get guys to get systems in their cars and have good fuel and f/p

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
most people don't actually log pressure, they just see a/f is good and go about their business

thats why we recommend and sell alot of the budget system.

these budget systems i'm usually doing $50 over cost just to get guys to get systems in their cars and have good fuel and f/p

How much does one of those systems typically cost? I think I'm wanting to run e85 next year and I'm trying to plan for my winter build.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Pumps are the same as 13/14 GT500. Not sure what the restriction is.
Since the files I have worked with don't have the same pump duty cycle control its hard telling. Could just be a programing thing, but time will tell.

The voltage booster cures the issue, thats all I know.

We log pressure mechanically at the rail, and data fed into the log.
They drop pressure at nearly the identical rwhp mark as the GT's.

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium/A6, 2020 Explorer ST
Revisiting this, has anyone found the limits on the GT350's dual pump setup?

Is there any information about the flow rate of the two pumps?

Sponsored

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
And the new GT500 dual pump is available too.... I have it on the shelf with the Juggernaut harness for my P1X Procharger system. I will try it as a return-less system. It did come to my attention I'll need a filter as this setup is externally filtered unlike the base GT. But I have not been able to find flow information on the GT500 dual pump either.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
And the new GT500 dual pump is available too.... I have it on the shelf with the Juggernaut harness for my P1X Procharger system. I will try it as a return-less system. It did come to my attention I'll need a filter as this setup is externally filtered unlike the base GT. But I have not been able to find flow information on the GT500 dual pump either.
but why? Will your tuner give you an e85 tune on a returnless system?

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
but why? Will your tuner give you an e85 tune on a returnless system?
I know the tuner really well. (It's me!) Plan is to VERY carefully test, explore the fuel headroom, etc. If I'm anywhere close to out of fuel or not achieving reliable AF ratios, I'll modify the pump head for return system. I don't mind doing it and spending the rest of the money. But if my 750ish rwhp goal is achieved with a return-less system with factory pumps, no BAP - I like the simplicity. One major fuel system purveyor suggested to me that this may in fact work, especially on an auto. More generally, his explanation of what the drawback of the non-return system is that the non-return system has to play more 'catch up' whereas the return system somehow has more fuel supply at the ready. I'm not sure I fully get that but..

Last edited:

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I know the tuner really well. (It's me!) Plan is to VERY carefully test, explore the fuel headroom, etc. If I'm anywhere close to out of fuel or not achieving reliable AF ratios, I'll modify the pump head for return system. I don't mind doing it and spending the rest of the money. But if my 750ish rwhp goal is achieved with a return-less system with factory pumps, no BAP - I like the simplicity. One major fuel system purveyor suggested to me that this may in fact work, especially on an auto. More generally, his explanation of what the drawback of the non-return system is that the non-return system has to play more 'catch up' whereas the return system somehow has more fuel supply at the ready. I'm not sure I fully get that but..
I think the issue is a flow problem. Assume fuel particles to be the diameter of the hose for simplicity. With a return less system there is only some many fuel particles that can stack up in the line. If you are are part throttle or idle there will be much less fuel particles in the hose than full throttle. With a return system you'll have more going through at lower throttle settings as they don't stack up, so less to make up when you floor it, they are already there just let them in. Maybe I am over simplifying it, and way off.

Sponsored

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that Jackson, good read!

But, I see the GT350 OEM dual pump wasn't in that test data.....unfortunately.

I'm really curious as to what flow capability it has. On Whipple's website, under the 'fuel system' tab for the GT350 kit, they claim 1k capable with no booster or fuel system modifications (on pump/race gas one would assume).

If this is the case, the 350's dual pump setup would seem to be a bit more potent than the GT's already is. Now, I have not even begun to get into the details aside from making sure the actual GT fuel tank is the same as the GT350 (which it is by the Ford part#'s). One would need to verify the rest of the details such as fuel line size, ect, before assuming it's a direct fitment. Then, there's the issue of controlling the 2nd pump as the GT350's have two fuel pump control modules, and a staged on for the 2nd pump, but something that could be easily done with a relay/hobbs switch as well....

Still intrigued by this setup for a budget minded person! Whipple claims some big numbers on their site, with nothing else done to the car's OEM fuel system, so which really has me looking at the GT350 oem pump drop in, with perhaps even a voltage booster if necessary, but i'm not really looking for much over 750 wheel......and i'm already at 650 on the stock stage 1 Whipple kit.

Popo5ohh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Since my thread about this keeps dissapearing, what is needed to run the dual gt350 pumps?

96gt4.6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since my thread about this keeps dissapearing, what is needed to run the dual gt350 pumps?
From my very basic research, the GT350 has 2 fuel pump driver modules, GT has one. I have yet to pull my back seat base, and see if there is a plug there for the 2nd driver module, or any thing to do with the 2nd pump wiring in the GT's fuel pump hat connector even.

If not, my plans are to buy the 350's fuel pump electrical connector pigtail end (Ford part#CU2Z-14S411-TA), Pin in the GT's wiring to that connector accordingly so I do not have to cut up/splice the vehicle's wiring, then the remaining 2 pump wires run to my add-in relay and hobbs switch to activate the 2nd pump.

Still preliminary on my research and inspection though, probably won't have my car back into the shop until I move a few through to get onto looking into this.

Whipple straight up says 1k HP capable on the 350's on their website, that's more than enough for my goals.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thank you for that Jackson, good read!

But, I see the GT350 OEM dual pump wasn't in that test data.....unfortunately.

I'm really curious as to what flow capability it has. On Whipple's website, under the 'fuel system' tab for the GT350 kit, they claim 1k capable with no booster or fuel system modifications (on pump/race gas one would assume).

If this is the case, the 350's dual pump setup would seem to be a bit more potent than the GT's already is. Now, I have not even begun to get into the details aside from making sure the actual GT fuel tank is the same as the GT350 (which it is by the Ford part#'s). One would need to verify the rest of the details such as fuel line size, ect, before assuming it's a direct fitment. Then, there's the issue of controlling the 2nd pump as the GT350's have two fuel pump control modules, and a staged on for the 2nd pump, but something that could be easily done with a relay/hobbs switch as well....

Still intrigued by this setup for a budget minded person! Whipple claims some big numbers on their site, with nothing else done to the car's OEM fuel system, so which really has me looking at the GT350 oem pump drop in, with perhaps even a voltage booster if necessary, but i'm not really looking for much over 750 wheel......and i'm already at 650 on the stock stage 1 Whipple kit.
Get a second stock gt module and install it in the other side of the tank. One pump runs like normal and the second on a hobs switch. Bolts right in very easy and cheap 1000hp setup

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Get a second FPDM. Don't mess with a hop switch. There is room in your factory fuse box to add another fuel pump relay next to the existing fuel pump relay and fuse. Splice the trigger wires from the existing FP relay to control your new added relay. Run the power from that relay to new FPDM. You can pick the ground from the ground point near the seat belt retractor(same spot as the existing FPDM gets it ground). Then splice the control and diag wire from the existing FPDM (these are the 2 small gauge wires) Then you just need to run the pump power and ground output from the FPDM to the power pins for the second pump. You can get a fuse box from car-part.com you can use to get the connectors out off to add the relay and fuse to your fuse box. If you source the FPDM connector and the GT350 FP connector with pins you can wire it exactly like a stock GT350 would come stock. Lastly you will need a roll of coraplast cloth tape to wrap the new harness in. This is how we do them in house and they look 100% OEM when done.
Sponsored

Last edited: