Sponsored

GT 500 convertible will it be made for 2020?

MYSNAKE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Just wanted to see how many people believe a 2020 GT500 convertible will be available. The convertible would be the main competition to the ZL1 convertible I think, maybe Ford has a surprise still up its sleeve for us.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Get, Out.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I honestly question if the S550 chassis can handle the drivetrain as a convertible. That was the one big advantage with the Camaro was the torsional rigidity vs our chassis. Not sure.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Meh.

My '07 GT500 vert, the only convertible I've owned (outside of Jeeps), was the biggest mistake I've made buying a car. If it would have been a coupe I'd probably still have it.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Just wanted to see how many people believe a 2020 GT500 convertible will be available. The convertible would be the main competition to the ZL1 convertible I think, maybe Ford has a surprise still up its sleeve for us.
Yeah, I mentioned it months ago, doesn't seem totally unreasonable: the previous gen GT500 was available as a convertible, GM offers both the ZL1 Camaro and Z06 Vette in convertibles, there's the Merc GT-C, Porsche TT-S Cab - there's plenty of people who love convertibles and drive the hell out of them - I suspect it's not so much the marketing message, but some technical concern like @Darkane pointed out.

mikengail

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible A10
When I went to my dealer to inquire about ADM on a GT500, they noticed my '18 Convertible and asked whether or not I was interested in the Convertible version. I'm not sure how knowledgeable my dealer is in this regard though. Still, when a sales person approached me and I asked about the GT500, he had to refer me to another sales person who was part of a small team that was designated as the only members of the sales staff to handle the GT500. I don't take this as even close to any kind of proof, but it's interesting nevertheless...

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
When I went to my dealer to inquire about ADM on a GT500, they noticed my '18 Convertible and asked whether or not I was interested in the Convertible version. I'm not sure how knowledgeable my dealer is in this regard though. Still, when a sales person approached me and I asked about the GT500, he had to refer me to another sales person who was part of a small team that was designated as the only members of the sales staff to handle the GT500. I don't take this as even close to any king of proof, but it's interesting nevertheless...
They are clueless. Not to be unexpected.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Ford with the last gen 500. Not saying its gonna happen, but wouldn't surprise me either!!!
It would really surprise me because the gt350 has been around for years and guess what, no convertible.
Sponsored