RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Really cool to see OG M6G members here carrying the flag for exemplary taste in vehicles.
Sponsored

charlied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Limited
I sold my Mustang and ordered a GR86. I'm very excited to get it, hopefully I have it before summer is over.

Subarashi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Infiniti Q60, Subaru BRZ
OP and everyone in this thread....thank you for this review, I literally just googled GR86 vs Mustang GT and this popped up.

I'm stuck between a Camaro SS/Mustang GT or a BRZ/GR86.
I think I'm going to lean towards one of the twins after reading this.

I honestly just want something light weight and fun without getting in trouble and I also am dying for a RWD manual car......

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
man if i could find one of these to drive locally I think I might be in trouble.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
OP and everyone in this thread....thank you for this review, I literally just googled GR86 vs Mustang GT and this popped up.

I'm stuck between a Camaro SS/Mustang GT or a BRZ/GR86.
I think I'm going to lean towards one of the twins after reading this.

I honestly just want something light weight and fun without getting in trouble and I also am dying for a RWD manual car......
If you drive on twisties or around town a lot, I'd recommend a GR86/BRZ. They're a blast. Really not that fun on highways though and the noise level is a good deal higher than the Mustang.

If you do a lot of highway driving then maybe consider the Camaro or Mustang instead. Better at cruising, carrying more stuff, and still fun to drive on the back roads. You will feel that weight difference though, I know I certainly feel one just going back and forth from my V6 and a GT.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
man if i could find one of these to drive locally I think I might be in trouble.
I checked dealers within a couple of hours from me, and every one that's in stock or even ordered is reserved. Crazy.

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
yeah, I just called around and nobody has one. the mustang GT is heavier but i've actually had my 9 year old in the back seat. he liked it aside from not being able to see out the windows. I'd love to spend like 15K less for a lighter car, though. its a shame.

OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
If you drive on twisties or around town a lot, I'd recommend a GR86/BRZ. They're a blast. Really not that fun on highways though and the noise level is a good deal higher than the Mustang.

If you do a lot of highway driving then maybe consider the Camaro or Mustang instead. Better at cruising, carrying more stuff, and still fun to drive on the back roads. You will feel that weight difference though, I know I certainly feel one just going back and forth from my V6 and a GT.

Right on. Few things cruise like my Mustang. The speed, sound and smoothness on drives from Seattle to Portland and back was something else. Felt like I was flying.

So good on the track, twisties (esp with mods) and hauling stuff from Costco. Really a great car.

Camaro is too compromised for me personally (and sales figures show I'm not the only one). It's a great handling car but I ask myself why is such a large and heavy car is so tiny inside and cramped (same or less space it feels like vs GR86 and it weighs 800lbs more!)? It has so much potential but GM ruined it. Worse, they actually make a solid sedan (CT4-V BW) which fixes the Camaro's problems and stick a V6 in it and price it at 60K+, nearly the same as the fantastic C8 Corvette! Cant make it up. I'm not even a GM hater unlike a lot of Ford/GM rivalry folks.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Worse, they actually make a solid sedan (CT4-V BW) which fixes the Camaro's problems and stick a V6 in it and price it at 60K+
yeah just slap the LT2 in the engine bay would have been a great move. For 60 large Ford has the nerve to ship it's current "interior" as the Mach 1 whereas the BW is vastly better. With any luck (ha!) the Gen7 Camaro is just the CT4 BW re-skinned to look like a Chevy and that lovely hard plastic wear surfaces Camaro owners crave.

Alpha2 + MR v4 (possible 4-door) and LT2 engine with Tremec 6060? Yes please, take my money!

Sponsored
OP
OP
valentinoamoro

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Right on. Few things cruise like my Mustang. The speed, sound and smoothness on drives from Seattle to Portland and back was something else. Felt like I was flying.

So good on the track, twisties (esp with mods) and hauling stuff from Costco. Really a great car.

Camaro is too compromised for me personally (and sales figures show I'm not the only one). It's a great handling car but I ask myself why is such a large and heavy car is so tiny inside and cramped (same or less space it feels like vs GR86 and it weighs 800lbs more!)? It has so much potential but GM ruined it. Worse, they actually make a solid sedan (CT4-V BW) which fixes the Camaro's problems and stick a V6 in it and price it at 60K+, nearly the same as the fantastic C8 Corvette! Cant make it up. I'm not even a GM hater unlike a lot of Ford/GM rivalry folks.
TBH if the CT4 Blackwing actually had a V8, I would have considered it. But it doesn't, so I didn't even bother checking it out lol. If I was down to get something with 6 cylinders, it would be a Zupra or the Nissan Z since I don't have kids or a girlfriend lol.

I never even test drove a Camaro on my search because it was too impractical for the size and cost. There's no reason livability should be that compromised with how big it is. Plus the only good looking one is the ZL1 too imo and the Mustang still looks better anyway.

I'm not a Chevy hater either. In fact, I've always been partial to Toyota over American manufacturers, so that actually made it harder for me to go Mustang again over GR86 lol, but I don't regret it at all.

The dream garage would be to have both, but I don't have room for two cars where I live!