Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
That's easily $1k in repair work.

If it's a good shop - they will have to remove the bumper cover and repair it.

The black lower valence is not repairable - so that part alone from Ford is close to $200.

Not sure if your back up sensors or anything behind the cover is damaged.

How's your tail lights and trunk lid alignment?
Is it just me, I do not see any damage
It looks like hardly a scratch. Hate seeing people shoot for the boat when a minor thing happens to a vehicle. If I was hit with an invoice of $1000+ and you didn't have a police report for evidence I would deny deny deny and call it a day. Never seen so many people purposely try to get a totaled vehicle in hopes of a fat check by their insurance. (Not in this circumstance) Just playing devil's advocate here but IMO the same reason insurance companies try to screw you on payouts is when people with slight car damage demand the world and then some in return.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
She damaged my property, I simply want it returned to its proper condition. If that is repair or replacement I don't care. I don't want a GT350 valance or custom paint or anything else. I want my damaged car corrected and I want it corrected properly. Thats why I'm taking it to Ford.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
She damaged my property, I simply want it returned to its proper condition. If that is repair or replacement I don't care. I don't want a GT350 valance or custom paint or anything else. I want my damaged car corrected and I want it corrected properly. Thats why I'm taking it to Ford.
I completely agree. It was in reference to the others comment regarding alignment, sensors, etc. TBH it looks like a shopping cart could have caused the damage and without a report saying otherwise there is always the possibility it becomes difficult that their insurance complies.

Just I've seen people get hail damage and go on blast wanting a completely new car and all their modifications replaced at the purchase price.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I've called the cops before for something like this and they basically came out and looked at me as to why I wasted their time. Courts don't 't care about hitting a bumper either. Unless you knocked it off the frame, they are going to look at it as if its part of daily driving. Insurance co is going to look at it and give you an estimate that's not going to cover the deductible and then you will have a comp claim on your record.

1k worth of repair work? If you want a new car maybe, but good luck winning that battle. You don't have a new car.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I've owned the car for over 2 years, been on 2 race tracks and never an issue. Stop at a light coming home tonight and a young girl rear ends me in her parents SUV. She said her brakes weren't working well. She just gouged my bumper cover and rear valance with the license plate bracket on her car.
We didn't call the police, just took pictures and exchanged info. I took pics of her DL, her bumper and mine. I told her flat out that I was taking the car back to Ford to be repaired and would send them the invoice to pay. I want the car put back to original, not just "buffed out". Just sucks.
Sorry to hear that you were hit, remember you getting your car. I am sure it will be fixed up good as new soon, in the grand scheme of things this is pretty minor compared to some others that have been hit here.

I was chuckling to myself that half of the people that read this and see your wrecked car, and half probably see "a young girl rear ends me... " and are thinking "Was she hot?" :lol:

Sponsored

Tutone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 MT
If you were knocked a few feet there could be damage behind the valance that isn't showing. Not sure how it works in the states but if you are rear ended here, it's automatically the fault of the driver behind and their third party liability insurance should cover all costs. No deductible, all paid out by her policy.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
If you were knocked a few feet there could be damage behind the valance that isn't showing. Not sure how it works in the states but if you are rear ended here, it's automatically the fault of the driver behind and their third party liability insurance should cover all costs. No deductible, all paid out by her policy.
With such a minor accident. It'd be best to see what the insurance will pay out after the deductible and how much per month the insurance premium might increase. Even not at fault accidents such as a fender bender can or will increase your monthly premium.

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
Lawyer up™
Better call Saul

But IMO not getting a police report was a really really really bad idea.

Happened to my college room mate, same thing. No police report. After the cosmetic repair, he found other things not working and his exhaust bent because there was contact. Other party wouldnt pay so he tried to file a police report later on. **HE** got the ticket for leaving the scene of an accident.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I've called the cops before for something like this and they basically came out and looked at me as to why I wasted their time. Courts don't 't care about hitting a bumper either. Unless you knocked it off the frame, they are going to look at it as if its part of daily driving. Insurance co is going to look at it and give you an estimate that's not going to cover the deductible and then you will have a comp claim on your record.

1k worth of repair work? If you want a new car maybe, but good luck winning that battle. You don't have a new car.
Pretty much this the cops here don't even want to come out or write reports for even moderate damage anymore. Claim this on your insurance in FL and pay thousands more over the next two years (plus the deductible) even though you were not at fault. Better off paying out of pocket and just chalking it up as bad luck. Thanks insurance industry I am glad I can feed your stockholders :clap2:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rickycardo

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Just got my estimate from Ford. $951. They will repair the bumper cover but have to replace the valance. I contacted the person who hit me and they gave me their email to send the estimate to and said no problem. It starts out so easy..... :frusty:

JM7225

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT 350
Just got my estimate from Ford. $951. They will repair the bumper cover but have to replace the valance. I contacted the person who hit me and they gave me their email to send the estimate to and said no problem. It starts out so easy..... :frusty:
Sounds like a good thing. They are willing to at least talk to you about the repairs and the price didn't scare them away. You're off to a good start :)

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I'd rather listen to a cop rant for a few minutes than have to pay thousands out of pocket. The cop can suck it up. It's part of his job.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Well hold on here, let's clarify some things.

As for the cops, they don't care if the accident happened on private property, such as in a grocery store's parking lot. But they will write it up if on the public street.
And yes, the girl behind is at fault for rear-ending the OP. What this means, is the claim is on HER insurance, not OP's. So his policy should not show a +1 on claims.

$950 sounds spot on. Would be $1300 if they wanted to replace the bumper.
As to internal damage, the absorber could be a bit compressed, and it is a $125 part. IMO, it is not worth replacing it bc it is just for the 5mph regulation, I believe.

If this was me (now that my car is no longer new), I would bank the check and have a good body shop do the most minimal repair that makes it look good. With the money leftover, he could buy dual dashcam, rear bumper clear film, and still a few hundred left over.

Who knows, he could get really smacked into next week.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Well hold on here, let's clarify some things.

As for the cops, they don't care if the accident happened on private property, such as in a grocery store's parking lot. But they will write it up if on the public street.
And yes, the girl behind is at fault for rear-ending the OP. What this means, is the claim is on HER insurance, not OP's. So his policy should not show a +1 on claims.

$950 sounds spot on. Would be $1300 if they wanted to replace the bumper.
As to internal damage, the absorber could be a bit compressed, and it is a $125 part. IMO, it is not worth replacing it bc it is just for the 5mph regulation, I believe.

If this was me (now that my car is no longer new), I would bank the check and have a good body shop do the most minimal repair that makes it look good. With the money leftover, he could buy dual dashcam, rear bumper clear film, and still a few hundred left over.

Who knows, he could get really smacked into next week.
Your insurance premium isn't based on whether or not you were in an accident or at fault but rather the statistical likelihood of being in an accident. Whether you were the driver at fault or not, only tells the algorithm that you were a participant in an accident. Being a party in an accident means you are now more likely to be in another accident. The more extended period of time you aren't in an accident the less likely to be in one. Perfect example as to why the premium markup falls off.

That being said, it doesn't guarantee an increase in premium for being not at fault but it does justify an increase.
Sponsored