Sponsored

Got a visit from a LEO today about my Mustang

3pdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 mustang gt pp1, '82 f150
driving with my adult son i made a complete, rock back on the suspension stop at a deserted intersection. he said, do you always stop like that? i said i was retired. he said, ah, its a celebration
Sponsored

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Burgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0L, 2014 FPV F6
I had a guy THROW a garbage can at me while riding my motorcycle. On a rural highway. Have it on video tape, yes tape circa 2001.

Guy just didnt like our group of 15 or so sportbikes that rolled past him every nice Saturday morning on the way to the backroads.
I would've pulled over and smacked the fuck out of him!

p6cl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Police have to observe the violation with own eyes to issue a citation for a traffic offense. We also have to answer every call for service unfortunately. People call to complain about everything and anything. We respond.

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
True in ohio only check for warrants and stolen auto. But can set to other things to look for if desired.
I've ran the system before. It's a pain in the ass. You get stuck recovering stolen cars all day and it's rare you find one that's occupied. The plates check MVD records and NCIC and local databases. The operator checks for whatever he wants to check, but we can't "notate the problem cars" like Fatguy said. There is no way for an officer to put notes on there like "this guy speeds " or "this guys neighbor thinks he speeds". That's just made up.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
I would've pulled over and smacked the fuck out of him!
Honestly I didnt know he threw it until I was told later and saw the video. Missed me by a considerable margin.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I thought only FHP gave out speeding tickets in South Florida. I did have a local LEO pull me over about 3 blocks from work on my way home a couple of weeks ago. She claimed that I wasn't wearing my seatbelt. I replied that I clearly remembered putting my seatbelt on in the parking lot at work before I left, and I still had it on. She ran my tags and license and let me go.
Fishing expedition. I've had it done to me before, when the cop claimed I didn't signal (I did). In my case, I happened to know they were looking for people causing trouble in the neighborhood and that was the excuse used to check me out. A few minutes and I was on my way again with no ticket.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Yeah, that shit has happened to me too. Tried to claim I was speeding and abruptly changing lanes. This was also in my Sentra...that car didn't do anything abruptly :facepalm:
Had the something similar happen to my son. He was leaving the vo-tech school parking lot and LEO stopped him for not coming to a complete stop. My boy turned around, looked, and asked, "Where is the stop sign?" LEO sent him on his way.

Although, my personal favorite, my neighbor across the street was a literal "get off my lawn!" old man. They were the last one ones to move into the cul-de-sac. This is a neighborhood full of younger familes with kids. A group of 12-13 year old boys would gather up and start walking. They would end up at our house, as my wife was home and would fix everyone lunch. They would then proceed to cut through yards for anorth couple of blocks, picking up another kid or two along the way. The old man across the street (60ish) came out and was hollering at my kid. I told him he can either come talk to me or call the police, but to leave me kids alone. About a week later, I was home and there was a knock on the door. Sure enough, the local fuzz. I didn't think anything of it. I was polite, said hey, come on in. He introduced himself as the commuinty relations officer. I said great, what I can do for you. That's when it went to shit. He started out with there's been a complaint about young boys walking through my neighbor's yard. I acknowledged that I told the guy across the street to call the police, and the officer said "here I am". I explained that the boys migrate from one side of the 'hood to the other, and that yes, they sometimes cut between the houses across the street. But I also explained that there are usually 6 or 7 boys, and that my kids know not walk in his yard. I also told LEO that I've seen some of the more smart-assed kids walk stradeling the line, and that I've seen some kids push other kids into that yard. Now, this particular LEO had to be about 6'-5", an easy 250 lbs (plus all of the useless gear, I mean come on, we live in a tame mid to upper middle class neighboorhood, we don't need Tommy Tactical on patrol) starts in on me with "If we can prove it's you boys walking in the yard, you could be charged with trespass." I said fine, get CSI out here and get the shoe prints off the lawn, get video tape, get the dna from the sweat in the grass." he said well, if we can prove it's your son, we'll go to court. I said fine, I've been to court before. But unti you can prove it;s my kid and one of the others that's on his lawn, I don't want to hear from him, or you, again. I told LEO it was time for him to leave my home. He left. About 3 months lateer, the guy across the street moved.

I have no problem with police officers who work tough neighborhoods having all the gear they need and the general attitude that goes with it. BUT, when they go full tilt with the tacticle vest and crap, and in the type of neighborhoods around here, give me a break. I have no time for that kind of crap.

Sponsored

Seesnax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium
Living way out in the country FTW. My neighbor (the only one within a one mile radius) and I have a competition to see who can get down the (perfectly flat, level, and straight-as-an-arrow) road to our driveways the fastest. I think my EB barely has him beat at something north of 3x the speed limit....

Deserted roads in Mexico are the greatest!

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
samd1351 said:
I have no problem with police officers who work tough neighborhoods having all the gear they need and the general attitude that goes with it. BUT, when they go full tilt with the tacticle vest and crap, and in the type of neighborhoods around here, give me a break. I have no time for that kind of crap.
What tactical gear could have he possibly had? Gun, ECD, oc spray, magazines, radio. That's it. When I was on swat, even on my jump vest, all I would have compared to a regular patrol vest is just rifle magazines and a flash bang. My heavy vest would just have an additional bang on it and some chem lights. And you dont dress for a neighborhood you work. We've had officers get shot in areas with million dollar homes just as we've had them shot in the area where the house is worth less than the shirt on your back. The job is the same no matter where you work.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
What tactical gear could have he possibly had? Gun, ECD, oc spray, magazines, radio. That's it. When I was on swat, even on my jump vest, all I would have compared to a regular patrol vest is just rifle magazines and a flash bang. My heavy vest would just have an additional bang on it and some chem lights. And you dont dress for a neighborhood you work. We've had officers get shot in areas with million dollar homes just as we've had them shot in the area where the house is worth less than the shirt on your back. The job is the same no matter where you work.
Hear, hear!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I always get the sense tha tposts like this are for when people need to proclaim they have an exhaust system but just don't in a normal fashion for whatever reason.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang

I think what he means is that the police should not look like the military. (Same gear but dressed in black). A free and democratic society does not need an army to keep the peace. This was more of a big deal years ago when people actually fled such countries. Now they are pushing the limits again. We want cops with the goofy brim hat, blue pressed shirt and pants with a red stripe down the side and shoes and not combat boots.

The police take orders from us - not the other way around...

“To serve” and protect!
Sponsored