Sponsored

Goodridge Braided Brake Line Kit...Do I need them?

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
I am looking at buying a set of Goodridge Braided Brake Line Kit. I know my 2007 GT500 needed them but that car was not designed for the track like my GT350R was. So did Ford beef up the GT350R brake lines or should I pull the trigger on the Goodridge Braided Brake Line Kit.

I tracked my car 11 times this year and I'm pretty aggressive on my brakes, I went through a set of the stock Brembo pads after 8 track days with no issues of a soft pedal or any kind of brake fade.

So, do I need them or are the GT350R brake lines rigid enough to not expand under intense track braking?

thanks,

Jim
Sponsored

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Sooooo, I’ll say this... haven’t considered the lines for the 350 yet, but I have yet to put braided lines on a car where you couldn’t tell a drastic difference. This includes a heavy, lifted, F150 and multiple mustangs over the years.

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
I have zero complaints about the gt350 brakes so while I've done that mod on all previous cars, I don't plan to on this one at all.
Yeah Jason, I'm still on the fence, finding a deal on them at $150 was the driving factor, not because if any brake fade issues.

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I run SS lines and can honestly say I haven’t noticed a difference. But brakes are also one of those things I just don’t take chances with.

@meterman - if you’re getting 8 days out of an OEM set of pads, I don’t you need to worry too much. That’s pretty light use on these pads.

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
I run SS lines and can honestly say I haven’t noticed a difference. But brakes are also one of those things I just don’t take chances with.

@meterman - if you’re getting 8 days out of an OEM set of pads, I don’t you need to worry too much. That’s pretty light use on these pads.
Thanks Honeybadger. I really didn’t start to really get aggressive with my brakes until the 4th track day. Going from my 07 GT5000 with no technology enhanced suspension or other goodies I wanted to get a feel for the car. Much to my surprise I knocked anywhere from 6 to 10 seconds off my best GT500 lap times and I had a lot of mods, torque arm, watts link, LCA, sways, struts and VMP Gen2. So it was a pretty track ready car.

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
That's one way to ruin his masculinity.
It didn’t bother me. Andy Pilgrim turned 2:13+ at NCM in a 350R and 2:15+ in a 350. I’ve never driven that track before and I turned a 2:19 so I think that says a lot for what I can do. If you go look at the thread for S550 Lap Times (Road Course) https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/s550-lap-times-road-course.35500/
I have the 3rd fastest at NCM, 2nd Fastest at Mid-Ohio, and the fastest at Nelson’s Ledges. So I feel pretty good for a 62 year old guy driving against all the young bucks.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have a PP2 with magnaride and if I could find anyone that has lines that fit I'd buy them. A couple places say they are working on it. I know the braided clutch line sure made a positive difference on mine.

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
I have a PP2 with magnaride and if I could find anyone that has lines that fit I'd buy them. A couple places say they are working on it. I know the braided clutch line sure made a positive difference on mine.
Goodridge makes them for the S550 and GT350, so what do you mean “if you could find anyone”

Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks Honeybadger. I really didn’t start to really get aggressive with my brakes until the 4th track day. Going from my 07 GT5000 with no technology enhanced suspension or other goodies I wanted to get a feel for the car. Much to my surprise I knocked anywhere from 6 to 10 seconds off my best GT500 lap times and I had a lot of mods, torque arm, watts link, LCA, sways, struts and VMP Gen2. So it was a pretty track ready car.
Yep. The 350 is very, very well sorted right from the factory. It lowers lap times for almost everyone who drives it. Do you miss the torque of the 500? Only thing I hear often from guys switching to it is that they sometimes miss the torque.

It didn’t bother me.
Not sure if that original comment was directed at me since I don't see it, but wasn't meant to be a jab. In fact, being heavy on the brakes is typically just evidence you're using them for too long :)

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Yep. The 350 is very, very well sorted right from the factory. It lowers lap times for almost everyone who drives it. Do you miss the torque of the 500? Only thing I hear often from guys switching to it is that they sometimes miss the torque.

Not sure if that original comment was directed at me since I don't see it, but wasn't meant to be a jab. In fact, being heavy on the brakes is typically just evidence you're using them for too long :)
Yes and no. The trade off for being able to punch it anytime and not just spin the tires and still get thrown back in the seat at 3300 rpm and higher is an easy trade off. When you add the handling it’s a no brainer. Now that being said there’s no replacement for hearing that supercharger whine either.

No, I don’t think it was a jab at you. I felt it was a jab at me but no offense taken. I can hold my own on the track and I’m having fun so that’s what counts.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Goodridge makes them for the S550 and GT350, so what do you mean “if you could find anyone”
They dont make any that fit a magnaride car, at least not the GT. Have already talked to them and checked several other co. Now with that being said I believe it was Goodridge that told be they were working on making some for the magnaride cars so maybe they finally got done. It has been a couple months.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

yeah, i deleted it after I realized it may be taken the wrong way. just was trying to make a funny. my bad either way.

=(

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
yeah, i deleted it after I realized it may be taken the wrong way. just was trying to make a funny. my bad either way.

=(
No worries NoXiDe
Sponsored