Good deal: Sport Cup 2s at Walmart

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Sonofa...

Just got this email regarding the MPSS fronts:

"We're really sorry, but one or more items you purchased are currently on backorder and may be delayed. We'll be getting more inventory and will fill your order as soon as we can.

If we can't ship the items by 12/08, we'll cancel the items, begin processing your refund and let you know by email.

If you'd rather not wait for the items to come back in stock, you can cancel now them by following this link or signing in to your account.

If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center. Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is unmonitored.
-Your Walmart Customer Care Team"
I got same thing... exactly what I expected, unfortunately.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Called today - 2 SC2s are delivered by im waiting on my first order of 8 to ship. They said they were out of stock in my region so they were getting them shipped from somewhere else... the wording I didn’t like was “we’ll do our best to fulfill this order.” Went on to say it would be shipped by Friday or cancelled.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Funny part is the closest store is the neighborhood market (no auto center) - I am sure they are going to wonder WTF
If you ship to the store, they won't show up in the auto center. I found that out yesterday after waiting for 20 minutes for them to find my order. Someone finally asked me if I had ordered them online instead of at the sales counter. I told them yes (I didn't know it mattered), and they then told me they would be at the pickup counter at customer service instead of the auto center. :doh:

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Noooooo lol. I was so stoked for this pricing!

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Got the backorder email on the 295 also. Is this their way out of honoring price, or can you just say you'll wait till they fill it?

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Got the backorder email for the 305 cup2s as well. Sad day. I hope they don't get cancelled. If anyone has any luck extending the 12/8 deadline, please post!

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Got the backorder email on the 295 also. Is this their way out of honoring price, or can you just say you'll wait till they fill it?
I talked to customer care. They auto cancel after 10days and no way to extend. So yeah - their way to back out. For the sc2 305 I checked the site and the item # for the sc2s in stock ( and $500+) is different than the ones I ordered, as is the Mfgr model/number in the description. Shady, but from a business standpoint can’t say I blame them.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
I got the back order email on the 295s as well. I called their help center asking them to not cancel the order and I would wait, alternatively I would accept a rain check for the tires at the same price.

She checked with someone and told me they would not honor the price in the future. I asked if the 305s would also be in the same status and she said they would also not honor the sale price unless they shipped by Dec 8th.

I asked to be put in contact with someone higher up the food chain. After 11 minutes on hold a different woman came on and I explained that I did not want the order cancelled but would wait for them at the same price. She wouldn't promise but gave me an incident number so that if the order got cancelled I could call back. She also added notes to the incident report that requested that I would be able to buy the tires at the current price when they were back in stock.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Great...what do I do with 2 fkin tires?

Guess they can eat the return shipping.

scannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Miata (BBR turbo), '18 Subaru WRX
Great...what do I do with 2 fkin tires?

Guess they can eat the return shipping.
What size and which compound? I'd be interested in buying them and paying the shipping.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'd probably just end up buying 2 rears.....but I was prepped to just run 305 squared and have some fun.

Kenwood1113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Shelby GT350R
My set of Cup 2's were delivered today--identical to what came on the car.

Blackie107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350 AG/ blk stripe Chassis H3070
Just picked up two 295 mpss at the local Walmart, Date code 3717 and 0916. The 305's, still preparing order.
Sponsored