Threads
Reaction score
First Name
wannabegtbuyer
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac
Car : 19 GT Premium
Add ons: 10 Speed Auto and Black Accent Package
Sticker Price : $43,040(includes destination charge)

Dealer price(before taxes and fees) is $35737(with out any negotiation), so discount of $7300

Fees and Taxes mentioned:
Doc Fee : $300
Destination Charge : $1095( This is part of sticker price, not sure why he quoted it after including that in the discount)
State taxes and DMV fees

I have the below questions
1. Could the dealer go down with some negotiation? What's a reasonable price to ask for before taxes and fees? I am thinking of the 33k figure
2. Can I skip the destination charges as he mentioned a discount and then charging it separately?
3. Is the doc fee normal?
4. Does it make sense to wait till the end of this month for a better price? I just can't wait to get my hands on this beast.

First car for me. Appreciate all your help. This is such a great forum!
Sponsored

Last edited:

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Ford is now offering $3,000 cash back. Check the details.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Offer 33K all in. The the salesman that incluses destination fee, documentation fee, sales tax, delivery fee, you lost tje football pool so you gotta buy donuts fee and whatever othe bs fees they come up with. Tell him just to let you know if he can make the deal. Tell him if he can, great, if not, no biggie, and leave. If 33 is your number, that's what i would do.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Ford is now offering $3,000 cash back. Check the details.

This is something people need to pay attention to. The dealership gets reimbursed by Ford for the rebates . Dealerships use these rebates to make you think They are discounting the car but in reality they aren't. So negotiate the car without the rebate included and at the end of the negotiating use the rebate to further reduce the price.

That rebate is for the customer to use not the dealership.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yes, that is a good price. The $3,000.00 rebate is already included in it, but it's still a good price. There's no way in hell you'll get that car for $33K.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Offer 33K all in. Tell the salesman that includes destination fee, documentation fee, sales tax, delivery fee, you lost the football pool so you gotta buy donuts fee, and whatever other bs fees they come up with. Tell him just to let you know if he can make the deal. Tell him if he can, great, if not, no biggie, and leave. If 33 is your number, that's what i would do.
That's actually the best way to do it, if you're 100% stuck on $33K. Be prepared to walk away, and heel-n-toe it if they don't want the deal. But you gotta commit, and walk right out if they don't want the deal.