Sponsored

Going to have to cancel my order :( Update w/ s197 pics

Chambo007

Threads
Reaction score
Well its been a great time here with you guys but it looks like its coming to an end. I ordered back in early June and have been eagerly awaiting the scheduling of my S550 but it looks like real life is hitting me right where it counts.

My first car was 1966 Mustang coupe with a 289 and 4 on the floor, and since then I have always loved Mustangs. I had a 2008 Roush Charged Bullitt for a couple years but sold it back in January of '13. Since then I have really been itching to get back into a Mustang again and I thought this next gen was my perfect opportunity.

But even with the x-plan on a base GT it looks like its really more money than I should spend at this point. I just reenlisted and so now is the perfect time to buy a new car but my wife and kids and mortgage etc etc has to come first and I am not ready to commit to this financial obligation.

I am Dallas/Fort Worth TX so there are a ton of deals on 13s and 14s right now that are just absurdly cheap, especially with my military discounts. So I think I am going to take advantage of that and take my time modding a 13 or 14 with suspension, exhaust, etc etc. And at least I'll be in a Mustang again.

Thanks for all the help, advice, photoshops, etc that everyone has given me over the months here. I look forward to seeing the pics of everyone's dream when it comes in!
Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Personal responsibility...nothing but respect due.

You can still always visit the forums and keep up on everything. ;)

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
Congratulation that's a mans way of thinking, sorry about the timing but earthly things are just that things. Family First! I'm trying to decide if I would be happy with v6 or just wait.

God Bless,

DeColores

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Sorry to hear this, but good for you not overextending yourself (and family). Thanks for serving and for what you do.

You should post what you ordered here and see if you could spare the wait for someone else. It has killed me the last three months waiting for mine. It might save someone a job2 order.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Congratulation that's a mans way of thinking, sorry about the timing but earthly things are just that things. Family First! I'm trying to decide if I would be happy with v6 or just wait.

God Bless,

DeColores
I can tell you I'd be happier with a V6 premium.

Still grinds my gears that they didn't let us pick the engine and go premium on any of them. Now I have that whole EB vs GT thing I have to decide. Wouldn't even be a choice if they had a V6 premium. Would have gotten that.

Sponsored

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
I am Dallas/Fort Worth TX so there are a ton of deals on 13s and 14s right now that are just absurdly cheap, especially with my military discounts. So I think I am going to take advantage of that and take my time modding a 13 or 14 with suspension, exhaust, etc etc. And at least I'll be in a Mustang again.

Thanks for all the help, advice, photoshops, etc that everyone has given me over the months here. I look forward to seeing the pics of everyone's dream when it comes in!
Nothing wrong with that. I personally pushed around some credits to save $1,700 each month plus I sold my 2005 convertible for $11,000 to get a S550.
And I know how it is if you have family and all this payments to do. I am happy for you if you can get a really good deal on a 2014. I actually was thinking on that too. But I am 51 and thought: "WTH! It is maybe my last new car! Get a S550." You are younger and I am sure that the next generations on Mustangs look good too. Take care! :gossip:

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Well its been a great time here with you guys but it looks like its coming to an end. I ordered back in early June and have been eagerly awaiting the scheduling of my S550 but it looks like real life is hitting me right where it counts.

My first car was 1966 Mustang coupe with a 289 and 4 on the floor, and since then I have always loved Mustangs. I had a 2008 Roush Charged Bullitt for a couple years but sold it back in January of '13. Since then I have really been itching to get back into a Mustang again and I thought this next gen was my perfect opportunity.

But even with the x-plan on a base GT it looks like its really more money than I should spend at this point. I just reenlisted and so now is the perfect time to buy a new car but my wife and kids and mortgage etc etc has to come first and I am not ready to commit to this financial obligation.

'14's are very cheap, Cortex makes some lovely suspension bits. Always take care of the fam first.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Props to you !
It is pretty difficult to find a GT Manual now..I think the run on them started early this summer... Course I could just suck at internet searching aha.

Glad you took the direction most comfortable to you, Good luck!

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Congrats on responsibility and reenlisting... kinda wish I was still in but retiring was the right thing to do with all the current changes.... 22 awesome years almost all of it right at the JRB

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
As everyone else has said, Thank you or your service. There is a lot of unrest in the world and I suspect our military will be in action sooner, rather than later. Also as has been said, much respect for your rational thought. I know I love my 2011 and suspect that you will crazy fun with a 2013/2014.

Best wishes to your family, I hope they know that they have a good man, selflessly looking out for them.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chambo007

Chambo007

Threads
Reaction score
Honest question: What is the point of threads like this?
Mainly I created the thread to thank the people that I mentioned for the things that I also mentioned. And to let the people I have built relationships with here on these boards know that I am unfortunately no longer joining them in the S550 fun.

Seemed pretty self-explanatory to me /shrug

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You're making the right decision. Financial obligations always have to come first over new toys. I have the utmost respect for you.

Thank God I have no children.

OP
OP
Chambo007

Chambo007

Threads
Reaction score
And btw I ordered a base GT with security pkg, 3.55 gears, recaro seats, and auto trans in ruby red at Texas Motors Ford in Fort Worth.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Nothing wrong with that decision. We are closing on a house (a lot more pricey that I had initially planned on) as my wife and I need more space than my current digs. To be honest I've debated whether this (getting a loaded S550) is the right decision as well - the car no doubt will be fantastic. So far holding the course and prolly will get it as the savings compared to owning my BMW M6 is significant - but congrats to you for doing the right thing by your family (and still getting a 5.0 Stang).
Sponsored