Sponsored

Go Fast Bits DV+

SYK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium PP Auto
An FYI for all who have this adapter on their cars for a while, make sure to re-lube the piston about every 6 months as I was getting major compression surge last night with the high humidity here in the NE. This time I used silicone grease spray instead of engine oil. Hopefully that will last longer.
Doesn't silicone based lube spray destroy O2 sensors? At least it did for my 96 A4. Literally didnt take more than 2 minutes after spraying stuff in engine bay while engine was running for me to get the check engine light. Things maybe different with today's O2 sensors but not sure.
Sponsored

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Correction on my part, I meant to type White Lithium Grease instead of silicone. The oil / grease is only used on the piston which sits inside of the adapter.

Doesn't silicone based lube spray destroy O2 sensors? At least it did for my 96 A4. Literally didnt take more than 2 minutes after spraying stuff in engine bay while engine was running for me to get the check engine light. Things maybe different with today's O2 sensors but not sure.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
An FYI for all who have this adapter on their cars for a while, make sure to re-lube the piston about every 6 months as I was getting major compression surge last night with the high humidity here in the NE. This time I used white lithium grease spray instead of engine oil. Hopefully that will last longer.
Thanks for reminding me of this, checked mine today; I had installed it back in January just under 6k miles ago. It was dry, but still sliding smoothly in the bore. But did notice the electrical connector was AGAIN rubbing on the intake pipe (see pic below); which I had loosened all the clamps and re-positioned back when I installed it.

This time I put it up on ramps and took the lower panel off so I could check tightness of the intercooler clamps thinking maybe messing the right lower clamp would help re-position better. Right side was a little loose and hose was slipped back about an 1/8" on Mishimoto intercooler pipe, so it needed to be done anyway.

Need to order a set of TUNE+ Constant Tension hose clamps !!

Doug
BP Valve rubbing.jpg
Sponsored