Sponsored

Go Fast Bits DV+

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
I've currently got a Boomba Full Recirc Bypass Valve kit on my 2016 EB so I have my stock diverter valve out.

Looking at it and the video on how to disassemble, mine looks a bit different and I don't see how it comes apart, at least ways not how they show it. Don't want to break the thing as I'm sure it is not cheap to replace.

jrock ... your car is a '16 too, so I'd guess if you got yours apart then mine should be the same. Any trick to get stock diverter valve apart that is different from video ??

Not too pleased to find this much cheaper option after buying & installing the Boomba, that is ...

* simpler to install
* simpler to return to stock
* boost assists in holding it shut (same)
* quicker performance due to it being direct acting (vs. Boomba vacuum open & boost closed via a 3-way solenoid)

Doug
So wait are you saying the DV+ is better then the Boomba's product ?
Sponsored

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
Thats my experience. I found the boomba had just enough lag it wouldnt fully open when hitting rev limiter and youd get a pfufff sound as the valve was just starting to open. Recovery seems a bit better too. I originally changed to DV+ as i got sick of the hissing but find the overall performance to be an improvement. However this is only my perception as i dont have any measurable data. Its also very hard to tell its even there (with the hood open) which makes it a stealthy mod.

The whole point of the DV+ is to improve upon the operational weaknesses of the stock valve without sacrificing the attributes of the stock valve design.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
jrock ... your car is a '16 too, so I'd guess if you got yours apart then mine should be the same. Any trick to get stock diverter valve apart that is different from video ??

Doug
Nope, the best I remember, I just popped the top off.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
So the few people that have used this are giving the thumbs up basically

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
So the few people that have used this are giving the thumbs up basically
Absolutely. What's not to like? We do know the stock valve can have issues with leaking on tune cars running higher boost and even mild leakage on a stock car. There's test data to show that from both Boomba and Turbosmart.

So you get a stack-up of delays which translate in a slower system. There's also a fair amount of length in the hoses, which adds volume and hence more lag time.

How much of a difference in response this translates into is debatable, but at the very least the upgraded valve design is more robust, so if anything, it's a reliability enhancement.

Sponsored

CarterRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I had one of these on my MK7 GTI and to be honest I think it was just a waste for that application. After I bought it more and more people on the forums seemed to have the same opinion. Ultimately it could have been because the MK7 DV was much better than prior revisions.

One thing I never understood was do you have to take it out every so often (how often?) to re-lube the piston?

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
I had one of these on my MK7 GTI and to be honest I think it was just a waste for that application. After I bought it more and more people on the forums seemed to have the same opinion. Ultimately it could have been because the MK7 DV was much better than prior revisions.

One thing I never understood was do you have to take it out every so often (how often?) to re-lube the piston?
I do not remember seeing anything in the instructions about taking out and re-lubing the piston. I do remember seeing something like this for the assembly instructions: "Apply some engine oil onto the piston during assembly."

CarterRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I do not remember seeing anything in the instructions about taking out and re-lubing the piston. I do remember seeing something like this for the assembly instructions: "Apply some engine oil onto the piston during assembly."

It's definitely not in the instructions. Is the lube on the piston during install going to really last that long? It would seem that if you have to lube it at install you would want to reapply after X number of miles/time. Just a thought though, didn't have GTI with the DV+ installed long enough to check.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
So wait are you saying the DV+ is better then the Boomba's product ?
Certainly appears to be based on the specs.

Nope, the best I remember, I just popped the top off.
Finally figured out that it is just the plastic center piston that comes out. In the DV+ instructions it looks like the outer raised part around the piston also came out and then the housing was basically flush.

On our EB Diverter Valve, this raised area is part of the body ...
IMG_1252[1].jpg

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered one up off of e-bay ... $132.52 delivered.

Doug

Sponsored

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Certainly appears to be based on the specs.

Finally figured out that it is just the plastic center piston that comes out. In the DV+ instructions it looks like the outer raised part around the piston also came out and then the housing was basically flush.

On our EB Diverter Valve, this raised area is part of the body ...
nope the piece with green rubber comes out too i believe, or i installed mine wrong, its not attached good yank with some grip on it and it comes out

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
why would you order off ebay vs supporting a vender on here? just wondering
The vendor linked in the OP's 1st post is not a vendor I'd ever heard of and did not appear to be a M6G supporting vendor either. So I googled the item to see if I could find a better price anywhere and no familiar vendors popped up. I curiously clicked the 1st e-bay link and the vendor that popped up out of Florida was not familiar either but was offering a 5% discount if ordered within so many hours. E-bay being pretty much 1 click ordering, this was easier than filling out shipping & billing info on a vendor's site I had never dealt with plus the 5% discount made it a no brainer.

If a supporting vendor had posted in this thread praising this item and claiming they had in stock, I certainly would have gave them a shot.

Doug

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The vendor linked in the OP's 1st post is not a vendor I'd ever heard of and did not appear to be a M6G supporting vendor either. So I googled the item to see if I could find a better price anywhere and no familiar vendors popped up. I curiously clicked the 1st e-bay link and the vendor that popped up out of Florida was not familiar either but was offering a 5% discount if ordered within so many hours. E-bay being pretty much 1 click ordering, this was easier than filling out shipping & billing info on a vendor's site I had never dealt with plus the 5% discount made it a no brainer.

If a supporting vendor had posted in this thread praising this item and claiming they had in stock, I certainly would have gave them a shot.

Doug
gotcha understood just wondering, [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] carries it, but you wouldn't have had anyway to know that since it wasn't mentioned

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
gotcha understood just wondering, [MENTION=19118]Tune+[/MENTION] carries it, but you wouldn't have had anyway to know that since it wasn't mentioned
Been a while since I was last on Adam's site so I was not aware that he had it listed ... see it there now as well as a few other items that appear to be new too.

Had I known, I would have got from him as I joined his FB group a while back and do plan on going with one of his tune packages for my Cobb APV3 this Spring.

Doug
Sponsored