Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
There is only one person who mentions J, 6th in this whole thread. Then he excuses the same actions from people in other States.

I'm going to go out on a limb due to his location and say he probably is one of the bureaucrats that need to be fired.
He’s an idiot that can’t form a coherent argument with out interjecting Jan6. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Please st*u about the Jan6 no one mentioned jan6 in this particular conversation. Seriously you need help please go get it.
Ha ha ha…. Angry much? Stop bringing this stuff on the side and not expecting comments.

Guess one could say get over the fact EV are here and the future.

And then the threads get closed as a result of those same people

I had already sussed their preferences, and hence inability to understand simple stuff
It is interesting. This entire thread goes in that direction. EVs have been around and getting govt assistance for years. All of a sudden it is an issue. Lol

Fun to watch the fist shaking.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Ha ha ha…. Angry much? Stop bringing this stuff on the side and not expecting comments.
Show me in my conversation with @Gregs24 where I mentioned Jan6. You’re inability to put together a thought without mentioning Jan6 shows your lack of intelectual ability to have an adult conversation without that particular thought crossing your mind. You’re a simple minded thick individual. Now go and clean your guns. It doesn’t take much of an iq to do that.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
EVs have been around and getting govt assistance for years. All of a sudden it is an issue. Lol
It's been an issue since the subsidies started. Same with the Solar panels that were/are subsidized. Oh, I also think it is wrong to pay farmers to NOT farm their land, same with subsidizing ethanol, although cheap 1 dollar a gallon E85 was nice.

I'm done with this line since it could be considered political.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
It's been an issue since the subsidies started. Same with the Solar panels that were/are subsidized. Oh, I also think it is wrong to pay farmers to NOT farm their land, same with subsidizing ethanol, although cheap 1 dollar a gallon E85 was nice.

I'm done with this line since it could be considered political.
With everything it should stand under its own weight without any help from anyone in a free market. Put it out there and see how the public reacts to it with no help.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; They have been bested when it comes to the main topics of the thread. BEV 's are flawed both in their role as vehicles and in the imagined role as saviors of the planet. Green energy might in theory some day be workable but at such an enormous cost it is not feasible at the rate they desire.
So, they resort to other tactics, none of which are new.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Show me in my conversation with @Gregs24 where I mentioned Jan6. You’re inability to put together a thought without mentioning Jan6 shows your lack of intelectual ability to have an adult c conversation without that particular though crossing your mind. You’re a simple minded thick individual. Now go and clean your guns. It doesn’t take much of an iq to do that.
Nice. So you waste time with people who have a low iq? :cwl:

k4 - now I’m a part of the swamp? Amazing how much you know!!! Ha ha ha

Thanks for you two…. Good laughs!

With everything it should stand under its own weight without any help from anyone in a free market. Put it out there and see how the public reacts to it with no help.
Nothing does in reality. Oil still receives subsidies and tax breaks in the billions of dollars

Or do you think everything else stands on its own.

This conversation would go better if there were a real argument against EVs, decisions made, etc.

I keep hearing the same tired arguments.

I’m happy about the jobs for Americans these changes have brought. Still not sure why so many of you are against that. Then again I’m always pro-America.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
They buy lots of them it seems.

Status quo is not an option because the subsidised oil industry is already controlling YOU.

Mitch03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
There is only one person who mentions J, 6th in this whole thread. Then he excuses the same actions from people in other States.

I'm going to go out on a limb due to his location and say he probably is one of the bureaucrats that need to be fired.
ABSOLUTELY!!!

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
They buy lots of them it seems.

Status quo is not an option because the subsidised oil industry is already controlling YOU.
So we sgree that we shouldn’t be subsidizing oil either. 👍🏼

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So we sgree that we shouldn’t be subsidizing oil either. 👍🏼
Where do we draw the line though?
Every time a business (or individual for that matter) claims a tax deduction, that is a subsidy.
So, when the sparky down the road buys a new vehicle and claims the cost of the purchase, it allows him to offer his services at a cheaper rate, but I need to pick up the tax bill that he didn’t pay….because someone, somewhere, has to pay the tax eventually.

OP
OP
AZlb5.0

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Where do we draw the line though?
Every time a business (or individual for that matter) claims a tax deduction, that is a subsidy.
So, when the sparky down the road buys a new vehicle and claims the cost of the purchase, it allows him to offer his services at a cheaper rate, but I need to pick up the tax bill that he didn’t pay….because someone, somewhere, has to pay the tax eventually.
This is what some folks don’t get and I think you do but the tax code in the US is written by politicians at behest of corporations and these millionaire politicians take advantage of it also. There are tax loophole after loophole. When politicians talk about raising the income tax on corporations they are talking out of their anus. Why? Corporations don’t make “earned income” they make a profit. These profits aren’t taxed as “income” persay because it isn’t. The term “pass-through” refers to the fact that the business doesn't pay federal income taxes directly. Instead, business income and losses pass through to the owners and members, who pay taxes on business profits via their individual income tax returns. That’s how it ends up being taken out. So here in the US paychecks get taxed X3. As a business owner I have to pay payroll taxes and then the federal and state government taxes the individuals again. Why as a business owner you always want to break even or make a very small profit.

Now here in the US I paid the following as a business owner. I paid payroll taxes on what I payed my employees, when I gave out bonuses I had to pay taxes on those, I paid their insurance and taxes on that insurance because that’s considered a part of their earned income. I payed property city and state taxes on our buildings, payed business/operating taxes, payed for garbage pick up at our buildings and because we used “hazardous materials” (urathane)I also payed a fee for this. Payed for utilities payed all the tags on the vehicles and payed vehicle loans, payed insurance on these vehicles and buildings, payed workmen’s comp insurance, payed into the federal unemployment tax carried liability business insurance in case something went wrong and we damaged customers property. And many other fees. Now did I get write offs? Of course but that’s the benefit you get for having a business and employing people. It’s hard to comprehend if you’ve never owned a business.

edit: Now why do really rich people don’t pay income tax (Musk Trump Dorsey Zuckerberg and many others)? Because if you’re income is based on the profit earned from such things as real estate stock sales, and dividends from bonds this is called an investment income. Investment income is taxed at a different rate than earned income. A way much lower rate. Many times these folks are payed with stock options not a paycheck.

Last edited:

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
This is what some folks don’t get and I think you do but the tax code in the US is written by politicians at behest of corporations and these millionaire politicians take advantage of it also. There are tax loophole after loophole. When politicians talk about raising the income tax on corporations they are talking out of their anus. Why? Corporations don’t make “earned income” they make a profit. These profits aren’t taxed as “income” persay because it isn’t. The term “pass-through” refers to the fact that the business doesn't pay federal income taxes directly. Instead, business income and losses pass through to the owners and members, who pay taxes on business profits via their individual income tax returns. That’s how it ends up being taken out. So here in the US paychecks get taxed X3. As a business owner I have to pay payroll taxes and then the federal and state government taxes the individuals again. Why as a business owner you always want to break even or make a very small profit.

Now here in the US I paid the following as a business owner. I paid payroll taxes on what I payed my employees, when I gave out bonuses I had to pay taxes on those, I paid their insurance and taxes on that insurance because that’s considered a part of their earned income. I payed property city and state taxes on our buildings, payed business/operating taxes, payed for garbage pick up at our buildings and because we used “hazardous materials” (urathane)I also payed a fee for this. Payed for utilities payed all the tags on the vehicles and payed vehicle loans, payed insurance on these vehicles and buildings, payed workmen’s comp insurance, payed into the federal unemployment tax carried liability business insurance in case something went wrong and we damaged customers property. And many other fees. Now did I get write offs? Of course but that’s the benefit you get for having a business and employing people. It’s hard to comprehend if you’ve never owned a business.

edit: Now why do really rich people don’t pay income tax (Musk Trump Dorsey Zuckerberg and many others)? Because if you’re income is based on the profit earned from such things as real estate stock sales, and dividends from bonds this is called an investment income. Investment income is taxed at a different rate than earned income. A way much lower rate. Many times these folks are payed with stock options not a paycheck.
This is wildly inaccurate at so many levels. Burkey (and anyone else), I would ignore this.

I owned a business for over 25 years.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,