GM is pulling back on EVs

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
This is the second car with 600+ claims. Toyota also working on a 900 mile battery. Company in China working on a 600+ battery that can charge in 8 minutes.

Technology definitely rapidly... well ahead of the Clown Brigade.

Best part? More companies are opening and building right here in the USA. Still not sure why there are so many people against Americans being put to work. Seems so anti-American.
Hello; Points missed again. I and I suspect others are not against BEV's as a vehicle. We do have questions about how they operate. Range being one of the main issues. That a 600 mile + range is big news is a clue about how big a problem EV range is.
Say an EV with 600 miles or 900 miles of range is made. Will it be at much greater cost to buy? Stuffing bigger expensive batteries into an EV has been the way range was extended before. Not much more than a headline bragging point if we have to pay a great deal more just to get decent range.

A main issue is the way these BEV mandates, EPA edicts and EX orders have been and are being forced onto us. Let's pretend for a moment the BEV's suddenly are equal or better than an equivalent ICE and at less cost.
Let's also pretend the electric grid is suddenly of a capacity to run our homes, businesses and also charge up a 100% BEV fleet of vehicles.
Let's additionally pretend all the environmental problems with BEV's are solved. That some battery and other "green Tech" has cured the ills.

If all the above were somehow true, there would still be the unfair way this agenda is being pushed onto us. Of course, if all the above were true the BEV's would not have to be forced onto us. We may not agree with you most of the time, but we are not stupid. I embrace new tech that works if it makes financial sense. 99% of my lights use is LED now for example.
That BEV's and green energy are not up to the job is why there are the pressure tactics. If both become the only transport and energy production systems, there will be serious problems. You at some level ought to know this.
The justification is the human climate stick. I guess the thinking must go something like this. BEV's and "green energy" will not meet our needs, but it is better than a warm climate 50 to 100 years from now.

Guess you have failed to grasp the many posts about BEV and green energy production. I for one have no problem if companies put folks to work in the USA. One of my main criticisms has been that such large amounts of EV & green materials are being made in China (Using lots of coal to boot).
A sad thing about some start-ups in the USA has been they go for the big federal money handouts but too many times fold up and the money is gone.
Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
We do have questions about how they operate.
It's a car.

Range being one of the main issues.
Range is an issue for your and I. I won't purchase one until range is way up. BUT for 100% of the people I know who have an EV range is NOT an issue. So there you go. Far as cost to extend range, as others have said (and you ignored!!!) price will come down as the technology matures. It already has, that is not a "future" statement. Way this works.

A main issue is the way these BEV mandates, EPA edicts and EX orders have been and are being forced onto us.
That's the nut-job political stuff that we can't discuss. We know why you are against EVs and this push "all of a sudden". Been around forever through multiple administrations, but now you have an issue. Give that a rest. No, not "baiting you". All I'm going to say about it.

Oil industry still gets billions of dollars in subsidies. Give it a rest.

Let's pretend
You can live in your fantasy world. Where I sit the technology is maturing and rolling out. Been moving right along for decades now. System is setup so American workers are benefiting - which your crew is solidly against.

Even the one who bailed out the conversation in that spectacular meltdown.

It's not fun anymore.

cry-loud-waaa.gif

but we are not stupid.
We can agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stupid questions don’t deserve an answer. I see you can’t use common sense at all. It’s really not that hard to use. Just try it.
The point I was making is that you don’t support free speech either, which is great, because not all speech should be protected.
Or do you disagree with that statement?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh wait. That’s right you can’t. You proved it countless times in the science is canceled thread. You were so WRONG!! And it’s so FUNNY to throw that in your face.
Let us know when you’re finished arguing with yourself. I’d love to know which of the Mitch03’s wins this battle.

IMG_0103.jpeg

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody should be required to allow or disallow anything on their own private platform.
I wasn’t suggesting that they should….

I was highlighting that SOME “free speech” is illegal, by law. I was also highlighting the fact that those who support that idea, are also (in the words of Mitch) against complete freedom of speech.

As long as you’re operating within the law, I don’t really care what is being said. I don’t have to promote it and I don’t have to listen to it.

I’d imagine that JT holds a similar view, although he might articulate it differently.

We’ve already established that Mitch seems to agree with at least some parts of that. If he had answered the simple question, we’d have been able to drill down into the points of difference.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nobody should be required to allow or disallow anything on their own private platform.
I took the time to read you reply again and um….
So you’re saying that Musk should not be prevented from allowing child molesters (as one extreme example) to spruik their ideas IF he thinks they should be there?
You don’t think the government should have any power to prevent this?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So you’re saying that Musk should not be prevented from allowing child molesters (as one extreme example) to spruik their ideas IF he thinks they should be there?
Yes. It's a private platform. If you don't like it, or don't like the ideas discussed on it, then you're free not to join. Go join other platforms, where they discuss the things that you like.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Oil industry still gets billions of dollars in subsidies. Give it a rest.
Hello; A few pages back the oil industry subsidy tactic was debunked. Guess you missed it or perhaps the silly practice of having some on ignore. Most likely it is a knee jerk talking point you will not give up even after it is debunked.

The rest of your post was divorced from reality. One of my points was and is that if BEV's were actually a better transportation vehicle than an equivalent ICE then there would be no need to use incentives or mandates to push them. I have not checked for a few weeks but last time I used auto trader type sites the hybrids were still much more expensive than a similar ICE. I need to look at BEV's for price to see if indeed the price has come down as you claim.

Mitch03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang Cobra
Let us know when you’re finished arguing with yourself. I’d love to know which of the Mitch03’s wins this battle.

IMG_0103.jpeg
It was a continuation of the first comment towards you. Man you are dense.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It was a continuation of the first comment towards you. Man you are dense.
You know that you can edit your comments right?
It’s funny that you think you had a win on that thread. I saw it as a total and utter loss for you guys, as would most of the scientific community.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
E15?, great food prices going up again. MPG going down......

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Free speech, Yes talking about things is not the same as doing them. I support free speech. I also support the authorities keeping an eye on any who would promote CP or other vile things.
Sponsored