Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
Wow. I can't believe that's only $10 grand in damage. Roof and a mashed rear quarter and trunk. I would have thought it would have been way more costly to fix than that.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
That one looked like a self induced "accident" since no real details were ever given. Obviously the car slide into a curb going sideways and then hit something solid. Both of Matt's accidents were totally out of his control.
Just so we're clear, I wasn't comparing the two. While I may think that Scott may have been screwing around or not, I don't know what happened. So I just think it sucks for him. Matt's two instances were really just bad luck and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I feel really bad for him too. I enjoy watching both of their channels. :cheers:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Had a guy in Florida, around Tampa area get killed within the past week due to a tree limb that fell on his car during a rainstorm.

Glad you are ok and not a fatality.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well at this point insurance is saying they're gonna fix it unless the body shop finds way more expensive damage once they start taking stuff apart. Pretty bummed, I'm worried this car is going to basically be worthless at this point.

Sponsored

slag1911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Well at this point insurance is saying they're gonna fix it unless the body shop finds way more expensive damage once they start taking stuff apart. Pretty bummed, I'm worried this car is going to basically be worthless at this point.
I told ya it would never be the same...

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
If it's any consolation, I know a body shop guy who repaired a 2001 Bullitt that had rolled and crushed the roof. His work was impeccable. He bought that car for himself and drives it to this day. I've been in it, and it seemed no worse for the wear.

Wishing you good luck with everything. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If it's any consolation, I know a body shop guy who repaired a 2001 Bullitt that had rolled and crushed the roof. His work was impeccable. He bought that car for himself and drives it to this day. I've been in it, and it seemed no worse for the wear.

Wishing you good luck with everything. Keep us posted.
That's comforting to hear, thanks! Yeah I just got off the phone with the body shop owner that did the work on my car last time and he said with the processes they have to go through to put a new roof on, the car should actually be stronger than it was from the factory. I know him fairly well so I'm inclined to believe him. The work they did last time was top notch so hopefully it turns out to be true. Really hoping even more now that Ford does a 2018 Bullitt so I have a good excuse to trade in next year. Otherwise maybe it'll be a regular 2018 or used GT350. Even if the roof is strong, I'm pretty leery of this car at this point.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Really hoping even more now that Ford does a 2018 Bullitt so I have a good excuse to trade in next year.
I am crossing my fingers for you (and me too) on this one!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Even if the roof is strong, I'm pretty leery of this car at this point.
I know you're referring to the structural rigidity should they repair the roof......but look at it another way (perhaps with rose tinted glasses)........that car has saved you twice now. It's looking out for you ;)

Sponsored

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
You know the good thing about having a monetarily worthless car?

Excellent platform to build a racecar on. ;)

But really, buy a cheap daily and make this a racecar, if funds allow, of course.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Have them put in a roll cage while they have it in for repairs! :ninja: ;)

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Why not have them make a targa top for you while they're at it? Or go totally old school with a T roof. :headbang:

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Matt get a 350, you wont regret it, you loved the one you review and it was a base. Just do it :)
Sponsored