Sponsored

Germany tired of Mustang

MetalCord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was under the impression that most of the price difference of the Mustang between the states and Europe is due to taxes. It's a little higher on average since the premium model is "standard". Then you have 20 to 22 % tax baked into the price. Is that not the case?
Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I think a lot of cars used the old SC300 as a base.....
IMG_9062_3.jpg

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It's kind of fun watching Europeans do Mustang reviews on YouTube. They seem to get it and find it somewhat exotic still while comparing it to an M or AMG car. They know the paint isn't as nice, interior bits, etc.

I'm a huge Audi, BMW and Mercedes fan but I'd be looking at 2X+ the cost for the same features and similar performance.

But Kia might one day hit German quality with American prices and Japanese reliability.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The gt350 is better looking. Just imagine if Ford could do quality and solidity as well as BMW without diluting the experience.

I wouldn't be surprised if the GT350 doesn't cost more in Germany than the BMW.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So what are we getting for the extra £10k that Ford have slapped on the MY18 ?
In the UK they chucked £10k (thats GBP not USD) on them and the mag ride and A10 are all extra's at i think £1500 and £1700 accordingly (don't know the exact price) and I'd want a discount for that revised front end not an increase.
I was under the impression that most of the price difference of the Mustang between the states and Europe is due to taxes. It's a little higher on average since the premium model is "standard". Then you have 20 to 22 % tax baked into the price. Is that not the case?
The car did not go up $13,212.10 USD (£10k GBP) in the U.S. The same optioned car went up around $2.5K-$3.5K in the US, which is the equivalent of $1,892.39-$2,649.34 GBP.

That's not much for all the improvements, plus some inflation.

What Ford also did is add a bunch of expensive options that didn't exist before.

That the Englandland cars sky-rocketed so much isn't strictly the fault of Ford.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
It's not necessarily a "get what you pay for" thing but more where you proritise the money being spent. The quality of the interior for example is low down my priority list (as is for most Mustang owners), so Ford should spend the money saved on this on the engine or suspension for example. Other things that I don't think Ford should have wasted money on is keyless entry (complete waste of time), heated/cooled seats (the cooling does not work properly), the driving modes (just give me one mode with the ability to tirn traction control on or off), auto windwipers/headlights. And maybe spend the money saved on a better exhaust at least!!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
That the Englandland cars sky-rocketed so much isn't strictly the fault of Ford.
its exclusively fords fault there's been no tax increases and if anything the exchange rate has helped pricing rather than hindered. what happened they tested the water with the mustang at under 40k then realised there was high demand so bumped the price massively. now they're going to be wondering why its not selling anywhere near as rapidly as before.

the improvements are in no way worth the price increase not even close and some of them definitely aren't improvements with the M6 and M10 both having major issues, and obviously the long term issues of DI

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
It's not necessarily a "get what you pay for" thing but more where you proritise the money being spent. The quality of the interior for example is low down my priority list (as is for most Mustang owners), so Ford should spend the money saved on this on the engine or suspension for example. Other things that I don't think Ford should have wasted money on is keyless entry (complete waste of time), heated/cooled seats (the cooling does not work properly), the driving modes (just give me one mode with the ability to tirn traction control on or off), auto windwipers/headlights. And maybe spend the money saved on a better exhaust at least!!

I love keyless entry. I'd have gone for another Mercedes or BMW if Ford didn't have keyless, adaptive, etc.

I'd agree on the diving modes being easier. Ford has done a poor job on usability, touch points, etc. on the car.

But I want all those nice modern lux features. Many of those things are mostly standard now.

Plenty of people are paying 40-50K for that.

Still, they left off a dome light override switch, which is so confusing.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Nice profile. Looks similar to the stang.
vanquish-s-coupe.jpg
cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg
2017-aston-martin-vanquish-s-inline1-photo-674085-s-original.jpg

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
the improvements are in no way worth the price increase not even close and some of them definitely aren't improvements with the M6 and M10 both having major issues, and obviously the long term issues of DI
The engine is port and DI so that should mitigate any issues? Although DI has gotten better since it's first introduction. DI fuel pumps can be problematic but I haven't heard of any issues on this engine.

What are the A10 major issues? Sometimes the engine is known to explode in some rare cases but I think it's probably defects in the supply chain that will show up early rather than later.

I've never owned a German car that didn't have a major issue at least once or twice every 10,000 miles.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The 15-17 Mustang I see European exotic mixed with 1969 Mustang styling.. the perfect blend, and back to it's roots. However I'm not a fan of the 18+ Mustangs angular front.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
keyless entry,
Love it
heated/cooled seats (the cooling does not work properly),
The cooling works great in Las Vegas
the driving modes (just give me one mode with the ability to tirn traction control on or off),
The driving modes are brilliant with magneride and active exhaust
auto windwipers/headlights.
I can’t remember the last car I had that didn’t have auto headlights
And maybe spend the money saved on a better exhaust at least!!
See ‘active exhaust’

nickko11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The gt350 is better looking. Just imagine if Ford could do quality and solidity as well as BMW without diluting the experience.

i dont agree with the perception that bmw is better quality, sure they use better materials with things owners can see and touch but use crap quality in areas that owners can not see. for example plastic water pump impellars that wore out real quick.
bmw also has poor engineeering too, do a search on bmw fual pumps and vanos timing issues.

dont have the perception just cause it costs more it must be better.
for the dosh the mustang is great.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Has anyone here owned a BMW?! They may have better fit/finish but there build quality is not exactly better than the Mustang. As someone who worked and still talks frequently to people in the automotive parts quality control BMW was one of the worst manufacturers.

Though I only experienced mostly X and 3 series models. Loved a few years back headliners for x5s came in from Mexico with footprints all over them :D
Sponsored