Sponsored

Germany tired of Mustang

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I've never owned a German car that didn't have a major issue at least once or twice every 10,000 miles.
don't get me wrong german cars are absolute shite and overpriced crap they just have really good marketing so everyone thinks they're the best cars out there. (no they're not they're possibly the worst) however their build quality is good. Panel gaps are good, materials used are good, how its bolted together and their build QA is great.

They just can't make engines or do electrics that actually work for longer than 1 months at a time. In the case of my last M3 i drove it for 2 weeks out of 6 months before handing it back to the dealer never buy a german car again.

Now the mustang is already in the hands of the people who've been waiting for it now they have to sell to the general public, and a Ā£10k price increase for something that no longer looks like a muscle car with its droopy euro style front end, with bad build quality and very little worth while improvements yeah they're not going to sell many at all.
Those of us that wanted mustangs went and got the first gen s550 and if they'd released the s197 we'd have got that at the time and if we didn't have the s550.1 we'd all have s550.2's and the s650 or whatever it ends up being would have been a sales flop.

If ford want to keep sales up now they need to stop expecting the base GT to be a big seller especially at its current price and start bringing over the cars we want that would encourage us to upgrade things like the GT350(r) we'd snap those up faster than ford could import them. I'm pretty sure the entire allocation of bullitt's is already sold out and was so before they were even listed on dealers systems to put in orders for. They need to bring the GT500 over here and it'll sell. Either that or they'll be back in the 3-5 year cycle for mustang sales which is going to leave them with a very quiet couple of years between upgrades.
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Coastal Bend Mustangs of Texas

The gt350 is better looking. Just imagine if Ford could do quality and solidity as well as BMW without diluting the experience.
I design and build my custom cars to handle as well as any sportscar.
We have the ability to tighten up the suspension for any track or street, even the Autobaun!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Love itThe cooling works great in Las Vegas The driving modes are brilliant with magneride and active exhaust I canā€™t remember the last car I had that didnā€™t have auto headlights See ā€˜active exhaustā€™
Yep, I'm speaking about 15-17. The keyless entry may be a "love it" for those who enjoy gimmicks. Auto headlights/wipers are just another gimmick - I turn my headlights off/on and turned off the auto wipers as capable of tuning on/off wipers.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love keyless entry. I'd have gone for another Mercedes or BMW if Ford didn't have keyless, adaptive, etc.
Porsche gives the option of not having keyless entry as they realise a lot of their customers are not into gimmicks. It's also a security nightmare with many cars being stolen through relaying the signal from keyless

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Other things that I don't think Ford should have wasted money on is keyless entry (complete waste of time), heated/cooled seats (the cooling does not work properly), the driving modes (just give me one mode with the ability to tirn traction control on or off), auto windwipers/headlights. And maybe spend the money saved on a better exhaust at least!!

You are definitely in a small minority Ford would spend the money on things like these if the masses didn't want them. And I like them myself

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well yes a lot of the masses are taken in by marketing gimmicks

HermanGerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Olaf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2018 AT
Vehicle Showcase
as a German i would say, that I love my Mustang , always loved US Muscle cars. the GT 2018 is my first US Muscle. I think that Big GTĀ“s just look like Mustangs and Aston martins and now like the BMW because of the Wind Channel Tuning plus that is what the People expect. The Quality of Ford on the other Hand makes me very sad. Ford builds cars since ever and still....I bought my Car in April and i had already a broken exhaust clap witch had to be removed. they cut of the exhaus pipe and replaced the whole Resonator. I hear some crazy sounds like the BBQ Ticking and the engine rattle from the engine and the german dealer just said , it is normal and it is Ford. my car has 7200km and it used some oil. I never had such an experience with other cars I owned from Japan, Korea or Germany. Not with new cars for sure. BMW meight be very expensive but you probably will not have a engine ticking and rattle when it is new. well, i could live with all that noise when Ford would give any note to the customer what it is and why we hear it. whatever you think about german cars, Keep in mind that they are not all produced in Germany anymore. some come from Mexico , east europe and who the f.. knows from. Quality is different when a car is produced by People who dont get good salary and dont love the product. sad again when i think about Ford Mustangs who are produced all in the US by People who probably love the Product. Anyways. I love my Mustang and thats why it breaks my :brokenheart: to hear it Ticking and rattling and using Oil. cheers from Berlin

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You did great Olaf, no apology necessary for your English.

Sorry to disappoint anyone, but building our mustangs is a job, like any other to a lot of the workers slapping them together. There may be a few that really care in the process, but I'll bet they are all on day shift. Check the Flat Rock plant Facebook page and cringe... It's all about the OT $.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
That is about as close to a blatant rip off as you can get.

That illustration doesn't even follow BMW's dna.

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
as a German i would say, that I love my Mustang , always loved US Muscle cars. the GT 2018 is my first US Car Muscle. I think that Bis GTĀ“s just look like Mustangs and Aston martins because of the Wind Channel Tuning plus that is what the People expect. The Quality of Ford on the other Hand makes me very sad. Ford builds cars since ever and still....I bought my Car in April and i had already a broken exhaust clap witch had to be removed. they cut of the exhaus pipe and replaced the whole Resonator. I hear some crazy sounds like the BBQ Ticking and the engine rattle from the engine and the german dealer just said , it is normal and it is Ford. my car has 7200km and it used some oil. I never had such an experience with other cars I owned from Japan, Korea or Germany. Not with new cars for sure. BMW meight be very expensive but you probably will not have a engine ticking and rattle when it is new. well, i could live with all that noise when Ford would give any note to the customer what it is and why we hear it. whatever you think about german cars, Keep in mind that they are not all produced in Germany anymore. some come from Mexico , east europe and who the f.. knows from. Quality is different when a car is produced by People who dont get good salary and dont love the product. sad again when i think about Ford Mustangs who are produced all in the US by People who probably love the Product. Anyways. I love my Mustang and thats why it breaks my :brokenheart: to hear it Ticking and rattling and using Oil. cheers from Berlin
Hi Olaf, thank you for the input. Your English is just fine. In regards the ticking and oil consumption, please don't give up and go after the dealer that is simply unacceptable .
Greeting to Germany.
Cheers
Martin

Sponsored

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I don't think that BMW, or Audi, make a significantly better car to warrant the prices.

They are definitely worse at electrical and ease of maintenance items. Plus the values plummet once out of warranty.

In five years the BMW will lose 50% of it's original value and a Mustang GT will lose about 25%.

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
I don't think that BMW, or Audi, make a significantly better car to warrant the prices.

They are definitely worse at electrical and ease of maintenance items. Plus the values plummet once out of warranty.

In five years the BMW will lose 50% of it's original value and a Mustang GT will lose about 25%.
Umm... what? GT's lose almost that much when you drive it off the lot.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
The car did not go up $13,212.10 USD (Ā£10k GBP) in the U.S. The same optioned car went up around $2.5K-$3.5K in the US, which is the equivalent of $1,892.39-$2,649.34 GBP.

That's not much for all the improvements, plus some inflation.

What Ford also did is add a bunch of expensive options that didn't exist before.

That the Englandland cars sky-rocketed so much isn't strictly the fault of Ford.
I defo did not pay an additional Ā£10k for MY18 over a 17.

I actually paid Ā£6500 more then an equivalent 17, but that also included the additional option of Magneride. So for the same spec car, I spent Ā£4900 more. Some people will say the additions on the 18 over a 17 isnā€™t worth that. Having owned both, I say that it really is.

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
.....Just imagine if Ford could do quality and solidity as well as BMW without diluting the experience.
Haha. You need to do some research. BMW engines tend to have issues. The 4.0 V8 loves to eat its crankshaft bearings.
The N54 and N55 have there fair share of issues as well.
Read up....and you'll see that the 5.0L Coyote is a very solid engine compared to many BMW engines. Let's dont even get into random electrical issues with a lot of BMW's products.

https://jalopnik.com/bmw-engines-are-gigantic-pieces-of-shit-1784684330

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Euro cars have plenty of reliability problems. When we used to have a mobile car wash we had regular customers and would wash their cars at work. All the people with newish Euros would rarely even get a wash cause their cars were always in the shop and the had a loner. Not saying there were always catastrphic failures but it was always something. But the people with 10 year old Japanese cars were always there. I think they try to justify the high prices by adding a bunch of new fangled techno wizardry but its just more stuff to go wrong. Thats why nobody keeps those things after the warranty period. I own a 97 BMW 540i sport 6 speed with over 400K miles by the way so im not biased. Reliability is kinda hit and miss with all brands with Japanese cars typically being a little more consistent for the average driver who doesnt check any fluids and just rides. Just sharing what i have seen and heard first hand.
Sponsored