gen2 stage 1 Whipple results.

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I finally went and dynoed my stage 1 gen 2 whipple. 3.75 pulley stock lower. 92 octane pump gas. Stock Cats. 4th gear pulls. Whipple's calibration. No numbers from when it was NA.

https://datazap.me/u/markmurfe/log-1520066146?log=0&data=1-5

Track should be opening soon after being closed for over two years so I don't have numbers and trap speed.
2015 dyno.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Nice numbers for 92 Oct and having cats.Not bad at all.for a stage one.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Nice Man, and thanks for posting your results here.

Sponsored

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT PP Stg 2 Whipped
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Nice to see stage 1 numbers....

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
you help so many people, Nice to see your ride putting in some work. Sounds great.

Will you ever run boosters or E-blends at the track?

OP
OP
markmurfie

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
you help so many people, Nice to see your ride putting in some work. Sounds great.

Will you ever run boosters or E-blends at the track?
Not sure if you saw the data log. I was nearly at the max timing the Whipple tune gives. not sure if better octane would get much more out of it.
Ethanol would require a fuel system and me to ship it in. That's expensive. I wish I had pump E85 near me. I think I could get some sunoco race gas products locally, if I needed it. I don't have torco or boostane locally. I have tried experiments with VP octanium and Lucas 3x boosters and didn't notice much difference in knock sensor activity. Not sure if I want to waste any money shipping Torco or Boostane after those experiments.

I think of the 20 or so tanks of fuel I have run since installing my whipple, I saw one that had different knock sensor activity from what I normally see. It was only at a certain point too. 2000RPMs and .6-.7 load. Next tank it was gone. pump gas problems.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Not sure if you saw the data log. I was nearly at the max timing the Whipple tune gives. not sure if better octane would get much more out of it.
Ethanol would require a fuel system and me to ship it in. That's expensive. I wish I had pump E85 near me. I think I could get some sunoco race gas products locally, if I needed it. I don't have torco or boostane locally. I have tried experiments with VP octanium and Lucas 3x boosters and didn't notice much difference in knock sensor activity. Not sure if I want to waste any money shipping Torco or Boostane after those experiments.

I think of the 20 or so tanks of fuel I have run since installing my whipple, I saw one that had different knock sensor activity from what I normally see. It was only at a certain point too. 2000RPMs and .6-.7 load. Next tank it was gone. pump gas problems.
I run Boostane in almost everything, makes a large difference on our 15 Auto, Camaro DI, Hellcat....

Sponsored
OP
OP
markmurfie

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I run Boostane in almost everything, makes a large difference on our 15 Auto, Camaro DI, Hellcat....
I'm sure better octane will help, but can the calibration get me more than 22* advance?

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I have to assume that due to the location, and your posting times on the forum, you're "Murfie" from the HPT forum?

Are you going to modify your whipple cal at all? If you want to PM me, I have a few different Whipple Calibrations you'll want to browse around in. It's the least I can do after the help you've given me on the HPT Forum lol
Sponsored