Sponsored

Gen 3 Coyote + Vortech V3 J-T Trim + Meth Injection Dyno

TheShit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I go to the Dyno tomorrow morning (9am @ HorsePower Factory) to Dyno my car & see what I'm making after the Meth Injection install & tune.
Before on 93 with octane booster (just enough to keep it from knocking), I was putting down between 750 & 760 at the rear wheels, on the 3.6 pulley.
I've added the Snow Performance stage 2.5 kit with the 14gph nozzle. It starts spraying at 2psi and maxes at 9psi.

The goal of the kit was to remove the need for octane booster, so mission accomplished, so even if I don't make any extra HP, I'm good. But after the tune from Wenger Performance, it feels a bit quicker.

Anyone running meth see any gains?
The kit was pretty easy to install and so far it's been great. I'm not sure why they aren't more popular.
Sponsored

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I still have it on mine, I was using it for cooling iats on the big end; running e85. I've since made a crap ton of changes, probably no longer needed. One of these days when I stop modding the car and run it ill try to do some back to back. I've read articles that indicate there are gains, minimal but noticeable. However, dyno outputs can be easily modified, especially if it means more sales.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I run it but didn't tune for it necessarily. I also run octane booster and my newest tune was a desensitized knock tune. I run 98 Oct on booster alone plus 14 g/h of meth so I assume it's at least 100 Oct? The meth is great and cheaper than booster but I still run boostane to limit the chance of having a bad day if my meth pump craps out. Ran over 12lbs of boost on a gen 3 for a while before I popped my engine at 96k miles. I think it would have lasted a lot longer on this set up if I didn't break a spark plug off in cylinder 3 at 86k though. Now I'll never know lol.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Meth is for the GM guys with a shit factory fuel system.

You/we have dual fuel with port and direct injection. The easy button on these cars is e85.

OP
OP
TheShit

TheShit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Meth is for the GM guys with a shit factory fuel system.

You/we have dual fuel with port and direct injection. The easy button on these cars is e85.
e85 would still require a fuel system upgrade while boosted. Also e85 is not close enough for me to use in something I drive every day.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I go to the Dyno tomorrow morning (9am @ HorsePower Factory) to Dyno my car & see what I'm making after the Meth Injection install & tune.
Before on 93 with octane booster (just enough to keep it from knocking), I was putting down between 750 & 760 at the rear wheels, on the 3.6 pulley.
I've added the Snow Performance stage 2.5 kit with the 14gph nozzle. It starts spraying at 2psi and maxes at 9psi.

The goal of the kit was to remove the need for octane booster, so mission accomplished, so even if I don't make any extra HP, I'm good. But after the tune from Wenger Performance, it feels a bit quicker.

Anyone running meth see any gains?
The kit was pretty easy to install and so far it's been great. I'm not sure why they aren't more popular.
well, you’ll definitely see some cooler IAT temperatures which if the car is pulling any timing because of heat will definitely help there

I run it but didn't tune for it necessarily. I also run octane booster and my newest tune was a desensitized knock tune. I run 98 Oct on booster alone plus 14 g/h of meth so I assume it's at least 100 Oct? The meth is great and cheaper than booster but I still run boostane to limit the chance of having a bad day if my meth pump craps out. Ran over 12lbs of boost on a gen 3 for a while before I popped my engine at 96k miles. I think it would have lasted a lot longer on this set up if I didn't break a spark plug off in cylinder 3 at 86k though. Now I'll never know lol.
Well, you’re more than likely broke a spark plug because you didn’t tune for the map if I’m being honest with you

Meth is still fuel, going into the engine you 100% have to tune for meth on a coyote

The reason you don’t have to tune for meth on an older car, so much is because you’re just adding extra fuel into the cylinders, in addition to all the other fueling

With a coyote, a coyote has a built-in wide man, so it sees and adjust everything

When you spray meth into a coyote, it sees that extra fuel, so it pulls fuel from the actual fuel system

the stoich of meth is around 6.7 compared to pump gas, which is around 14.7

So what happens is you’re spraying in a fuel that needs over twice as much by volume as pump, gas to maintain your proper lambda lambda x stoich is going to give you your air fuel ratio

The car can only compensate so much

We’ve seen many people pop motors on meth without tuning.

When you go back to an older three valve, you’ve put all the fuel you need into a car for example and then you add the metal on top of that you’re just kind of adding extra cool fuel if anything, it will run just a tad bit richer, but with a higher octane

That is simply not the case and the coyote

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
well, you’ll definitely see some cooler IAT temperatures which if the car is pulling any timing because of heat will definitely help there

Well, you’re more than likely broke a spark plug because you didn’t tune for the map if I’m being honest with you

Meth is still fuel, going into the engine you 100% have to tune for meth on a coyote

The reason you don’t have to tune for meth on an older car, so much is because you’re just adding extra fuel into the cylinders, in addition to all the other fueling

With a coyote, a coyote has a built-in wide man, so it sees and adjust everything

When you spray meth into a coyote, it sees that extra fuel, so it pulls fuel from the actual fuel system

the stoich of meth is around 6.7 compared to pump gas, which is around 14.7

So what happens is you’re spraying in a fuel that needs over twice as much by volume as pump, gas to maintain your proper lambda lambda x stoich is going to give you your air fuel ratio

The car can only compensate so much

We’ve seen many people pop motors on meth without tuning.

When you go back to an older three valve, you’ve put all the fuel you need into a car for example and then you add the metal on top of that you’re just kind of adding extra cool fuel if anything, it will run just a tad bit richer, but with a higher octane

That is simply not the case and the coyote
I would agree with you if it broke on its own but unfortunately my dumb ass rushed a spark plug change and busted half the ceramic off so in this case it was definitely user error.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
ohhhh...

OP
OP
TheShit

TheShit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Ran into some fuelilng issues on the dyno (stock fueld system with bap) but was able to make 807rwhp safely on a mustang dyno. Waiting on the shop to send me the graphs.

I stopped filming early because I thought the car made a weird noise, and I was in a hurry to get the data log and look at it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheShit

TheShit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Dyno.png

Sponsored

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
I’m my opinion if the dyno isn’t happy and those power numbers are legit you are looking for trouble on 93 octane with additive and meth… who is tuning the car?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
thats stout, meth adds power and with octane booster, i think hes good!

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
To each his own..Godspeed…

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Great numbers, but for an 800+whp pull, it was very NON dramatic lol.

Get it to the track and see how she traps.
Sponsored