Gen 3 Coyote measurements

OP
OP

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Seems a bit strange that both those noises would show up at the same time. Adds more mud in the water.

Pro 5.0, are you also looking at other areas of the motor, like cam-chains, piston to cylinder clrarance, etc.
To be honest when I test drove the car with 3 miles on the clock I was looking at so many different things I may not have noticed the 2K rattle, but definitely listened for the tick. I visually inspected all the chains, phasers, and cams everything is mint I don't see the point in taking the heads off as I can see the bores from the bottom with the pistons at TDC, there is no scoring of any kind. I can't do anything to alter the PTW clearance anyways so I'm not going to tear it down any further.
Sponsored

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
This is going WAY beyond the extra mile. Thank you for pursuing the data and sharing with us.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wonder if Ford would still cover pro 5.0's warranty as a "Thank You" for helping provide real data, instead of some vague SSM...?

For the life of me, I just don't know why Ford hasn't come out and given us a better explanation to begin with. As if Ford is filled with a bunch of Sadists who love watching their customers in pain.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
I thought this sort of info would be released by one of our many vendors here. It is impressive that we had an individual member finally put in the work. Thanks, pro 5.0!

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Canadians seem to be like magnets. At one end you have windbag dreamers like Fatguy and at the other polarity sensible grafters like pro 5.0.
lol about Fatguy.
Sponsored