Sponsored

Gen 3 Coyote Engine Cover

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i have noticed 0 difference in engine noise inside the cabin with my engine cover and hood liner removed
Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
The power pack for the gen 3 requires you to cut a slut in the engine cover. I'm lazy, so I just removed it. It doesn't sound any louder, not that it did a good job of hiding the chatter anyways. I've actually noticed cooler cylinder head temps, if there's been any change. It's just for show. If it had any real performance benefit then I think it would be more common knowledge instead of conjecture.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I agree that it is a very odd engine cover. I didn't put mine back on after I installed the ported throttle body and intake manifold. I don't think the cover has any engineering in it for under hood airflow, or sound, etc. And removing it saves (a whopping!) 4.5 lbs from the front of the car (I weighed it on my kitchen scale). The only things I liked were that it had the 5.0 on it, and the "Powered by Ford" text. Didn't care for how it was shaped.

Now I can clean the tubes and piping and coil packs that sit under it. That said, I do wish that the engine was laid out a little cleaner underneath it, but hey, it's not that big of a deal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
First "mod" I did was pull the engine cover off.
If it makes any difference in engine noise, I can't tell.
Between the exhaust and tire noise of the PPL2, that engine cover wasn't making the car any quieter.

The RedMus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diego Certified
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50 Year Edition
I like the way it looks when you make it custom, and it is a way to show that you have a GEN3 engine
20200707_191111.jpg
Sponsored