Sponsored

Gauge Screen/Vitals Screen

bjblackout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I was wondering has anyone bought an aftermarket screen of any type to keep an eye on things vital to the operation of the car. I don't want to do an Nguage yet as I am not putting a tune on my car yet. I have a screen made by edge in my F250 diesel that keeps an eye on different vitals of the truck. Has anyone used anything like this thats not an nguage or apillar gauges??
Sponsored

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
You can still use an nGauge without having a tune, it will show all the diagnostics.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I was wondering has anyone bought an aftermarket screen of any type to keep an eye on things vital to the operation of the car. I don't want to do an Nguage yet as I am not putting a tune on my car yet. I have a screen made by edge in my F250 diesel that keeps an eye on different vitals of the truck. Has anyone used anything like this thats not an nguage or apillar gauges??
I guess you can also get an old phone that you no longer use or an old tablet and mount that somewhere in your car, run bluetooth OBD2 connector and run Torque app.

One thing though, you cannot keep them plugged in becase some some BT OBDII connectors do not have sleep modes, which means it can drain the battery. There are some that have sleep modes. I think one of the models that is made by OBDLink claims to have sleep mode and apparently you can keep it plugged in all the time.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
What's wrong with the info that is in the little screen in them middle of the dashboard? Are those not enough and if so what other things do you need to keep an eye on?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
What's wrong with the info that is in the little screen in them middle of the dashboard? Are those not enough and if so what other things do you need to keep an eye on?
This.

Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Only one gauge at a time, or a stack of information in small font that is hard to see with any sunlight and sunglasses on. And you can't configure the gauge list to what you want to see so can't get to everything that you might want to monitor

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Only one gauge at a time, or a stack of information in small font that is hard to see with any sunlight and sunglasses on. And you can't configure the gauge list to what you want to see so can't get to everything that you might want to monitor
Unforutantely if you can't see those, you're not going to see any of the other options on the market unless you get the Tesla screen and link it up thru OBD2 in the Torque App.

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Unforutantely if you can't see those, you're not going to see any of the other options on the market unless you get the Tesla screen and link it up thru OBD2 in the Torque App.
But I could configure what I want with torque app.

What I would really like is to have separate boost and oil pressure gauges in a pod on top of the dash, like I had in my 2006 and 2013. I can then run the AFR in the center section. So far haven't found a gauge pod for the top of the dash though for the S550 (other than the very pricey Shelby one)

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
What I would really like is to have separate boost and oil pressure gauges in a pod on top of the dash, like I had in my 2006 and 2013. I can then run the AFR in the center section. So far haven't found a gauge pod for the top of the dash though for the S550 (other than the very pricey Shelby one)
Well, you could install the center dash trim from a PP car and add the EcoBoost Oil Pressure / boost gauge. Sure, full list for both items will run you several hundred bucks, but you can likely find a used gauge on eBay from someone who's changed his over to the GT350 gauge set and then chase the dash trim from a salvage yard, with AFR on display in the dash center.
Sponsored