Gas prices dropping soon?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The Paris Accord and the "You stole my childhood, how dare you!" schtick that came with it sounded romantic to the spoiled brat jet set crowd once upon a time but anyone with half a brain knew that by signing on to that crap Europe was handing their energy leverage to dangerous tyrants like Putin, and now..... he's got them over a barrel. If only somebody had warned them.

I'm officially making the switch to regular unleaded. On my last tank of premium. Hope I'm not making a mistake.
Nooooo. Your engine will explode now.

Even though I just paid $4.99/gal for premium, I'm still hanging on. It's all my car has ever run on, so I gotta keep the streak going lmao.

I might lose eventually though, I'm fairly certain there is ZERO relief coming until next fall. $6/gal average here we come!
Sponsored

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Nooooo. Your engine will explode now.

Even though I just paid $4.99/gal for premium, I'm still hanging on. It's all my car has ever run on, so I gotta keep the streak going lmao.

I might lose eventually though, I'm fairly certain there is ZERO relief coming until next fall. $6/gal average here we come!
As soon as I make the switch to regular the idle knock will kick in.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm getting ready to flash my 87 spark tune. Costco was 4.65 for 93 yesterday.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Here in sunny Bermuda today gas costs $2.33 per liter. Thats $9.32 a gallon. And we’re complaining.
And the average cost of a house is 4 Mil.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Lithium hydroxide, the type of finished product Piedmont would sell, sold in mid-May for as much as $72,000 per metric ton — a 127% increase since the start of the year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lithium-war-next-door-110010194.html

The price of anything battery powered is about to go through the roof.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I was just talking to the wife about gas yesterday and said we may have to start filling up with reg 87 and i wondered how many others in the car community will do the same.

Unfortunately for my foxbody i have no tune for lower then premium.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
question. is 5 dollars going to be the new normal for next 10 years you think? or will it possibly drop down if another person gets in office and opens keystone back up. (I don't know if they can or can't) or if it did get opened and completed, could the government of the following election, tell them to shut it down/turn it off?

id imagine if it was opened and running.. that the president wouldn't be able to force anyone to turn it off, as that would be using law to ruin peoples business.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
question. is 5 dollars going to be the new normal for next 10 years you think? or will it possibly drop down if another person gets in office and opens keystone back up. (I don't know if they can or can't) or if it did get opened and completed, could the government of the following election, tell them to shut it down/turn it off?

id imagine if it was opened and running.. that the president wouldn't be able to force anyone to turn it off, as that would be using law to ruin peoples business.
Donald, the Keystone pipeline extension would have zero impact on the pump price of gasoline even if it were opened tomorrow. Politicians on both sides have already admitted to this. As it is the extension wasn’t due to open to 2023.

And, yes, gas will drop again. It always does. Especially when the pricing is created artificially.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It was not just the keystone pipe line. His pen stopped other pipelines as well. Also other orders killed new oil leases, along with some existing. The whole "green new deal" tells oil executives do not invest in further oil extraction or add to the infrastructure because this or some future admin can bankrupt us on policy choices.

It cuts deep and we are not ready to switch from an oil based world economy at this time.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
It was not just the keystone pipe line. His pen stopped other pipelines as well. Also other orders killed new oil leases, along with some existing. The whole "green new deal" tells oil executives do not invest in further oil extraction or add to the infrastructure because this or some future admin can bankrupt us on policy choices.

It cuts deep and we are not ready to switch from an oil based world economy at this time.
Hello; Here is another way to look at this idea. Say a young person is good at auto mechanics and decides to open a new shop. Does he/she invest in lots of expensive tools to service the ICE in a state which will ban the sale of new ICE by 2030 a little over seven years from now.

I have timing lights, dwell meters, point files and various carburetor tools lying around. I also have some drum brake tools. I have one can of R12 and fittings for older style AC.

I get there are still plenty of ICE mechanics around and likely some will carry on for decades. I do most of the work on my vehicles but sometimes do not have the tech equipment for the newer computer controlled systems. The owner of a shop i use has told me how expensive it is to keep up with tech tools for new cars. At some point he will stop buying new equipment if he sees the ICE going away.

Yes the "green" energy plan is not yet ready to replace fossil fuels. I understand why the current push is being done. The true believers are convinced fossil fuels are killing "Gaia" . Climate change is their hill to die on to name one big part of their agenda.
A few years back it was discovered lots more oil and natural gas could be recovered. There were clarion calls back in 2004 about peak oil. Fracking and other tech allowed for recovery of much more oil from essentially played out wells. The tar sands in Canada are also a huge source of oil. A very dirty and environmentally harsh source, but never the less can extend useful levels of oil for many years. I think the aspect of good oil and gas supply being extended for a decade or few riled up the true believers.

Another reason for the premature push is the simple access to power to make the push. Some level of power to force the issues is in place currently which may not be in place of they wait for the Green movement to be ready. So do it now no matter who or how much it hurts. So far five states in the USA plan to ban the sale of ICE starting around 2030 for example.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Just a tax grab and in the USA a neccesity after printing more money in last two years than last 200 years.

I own share in an oil co with stake in new 13 B bbl recoverable light sweet oil offshore Namibia. This is the largest offshore find ever. Costs max $15 bbl to get it out.

Germany has proven with meticulous study that transition to green is very dirty with their last 25 years of transition producing 500% more GHG than if did nothing LOL. Now they want to destroy the plant in 10 years trying to get off RU energy.

While the west is accelerating planetary destruction with so called green energy, and starving it out with fuel made from valuable food, the other 7.5 B people will ba far more responsible.
Hello; You make a good point. The "green" energy idea sounds a lot cleaner than it is proving to be in practice. The idea of pure clean energy appears to be what a lot of people have in mind. Yes, the end product being an EV driving down the road with no tailpipe in the image. Getting that electric energy and building the batteries are not so clean.

I also like the wording about how the massive spending of the last few years compares to centuries of spending before. Not an all partisan thing either. Both sides can and do spend money we do not have. But yes spending the last couple of years it so very astounding so as to stand out dramatically. Another 40 billion of debt just in the last few days. I can recall when a billion dollar spending bill was a big deal.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Texas power grid failing again....how will they power EV haha?
Hello; choices will have to be made. Have charged EV so as to get to work or have heat or AC depending on the season.
My brother told me today his central air is out at his home. He will get it fixed but his wife is not happy. He told her that i live without using the AC most of the time. If my AC is out i would not yet know as i rarely run it. I do use the heat pump during cold season.

But I get what you mean. Right now without a lot of EV's the grid is in trouble. My area had a hotter than normal few days for this early in the spring. I think a big area of the country has been hit. I guess growing up and being an adult for a long time without house AC gave me a different attitude. It has to be bad before i turn on the AC. Usually only on very humid and hot nights so i can sleep better.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Talk about a one trick pony, but in this case its one line. Just because you continually state the same thing over and over and over again, it does not make it so. No matter how much you’re trying to deflect for the current root cause, which currently presides on the east coast. Oil just has to be one of the targets.

Donald, the Keystone pipeline extension would have zero impact on the pump price of gasoline even if it were opened tomorrow. Politicians on both sides have already admitted to this. As it is the extension wasn’t due to open to 2023.

And, yes, gas will drop again. It always does. Especially when the pricing is created artificially.
Sponsored