Sponsored

Gas prices dropping soon?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
It was not just the keystone pipe line. His pen stopped other pipelines as well. Also other orders killed new oil leases, along with some existing.
You do know that is not accurate, right? Now it could far into the future... look up undeveloped leases. Far as why we are here, read more... do the research vs. reading forums (refiners, war, covid, etc.). No context in these posts.

In general a couple of commenters on this this site should stop trying to make everything so darn political. It reads like uneducated banter. People want things to be simple, but they are not. Sorry... not everyone can get a prize.... so don't get mad at the truth.

This starts off with the usual person asking a very basic question. It is like the comment earlier about helping others overseas. It is painfully obvious history books have not been read, nor any type of foreign policy material. Unless your goal is to sent America into a death spiral. But since at least one person believes there are too many people on earth, the death of more people won't be a big deal.

Far as the topic: I'm not worried about gas prices... driving and paying for gas beats walking.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
You do know that is not accurate, right? Now it could far into the future... look up undeveloped leases. Far as why we are here, read more... do the research vs. reading forums (refiners, war, covid, etc.). No context in these posts.

In general a couple of commenters on this this site should stop trying to make everything so darn political. It reads like uneducated banter. People want things to be simple, but they are not. Sorry... not everyone can get a prize.... so don't get mad at the truth.

This starts off with the usual person asking a very basic question. It is like the comment earlier about helping others overseas. It is painfully obvious history books have not been read, nor any type of foreign policy material. Unless your goal is to sent America into a death spiral. But since at least one person believes there are too many people on earth, the death of more people won't be a big deal.

Far as the topic: I'm not worried about gas prices... driving and paying for gas beats walking.
Hello; First the leases. There was a total of around 50,000 leases in the group of which around 9000 had not been utilized. So that is around 80% have been utilized at around 41,000. Sounds a bit different put that way.
I will risk a guess or few that those 9000 unused, so far, may be have a lesser chance of being productive. Also there may be other reasons they are not in play. Possibly putting together enough crew is a challenge. Maybe supply problems is not allowing for enough rigs to be used. All guesses as i am not privy to the exact reasons.

One thing i do not have to guess about is the permits and such red tape required from the government has been slow as recently reported. Saw an article as to how this was laid on to some sort of math errors by government agencies. I do not know the truth of this as i am not an insider. Perhaps they did have problems with the math and my unfounded suspicion of a bureaucracy dragging it's feet to enact policy agendas is hot air.

Hello; About wanting people dead. I am most likely to be the target of that snide remark. I do indeed think the human population is too large and has been for some time. We are well above the carrying capacity of many areas to support the populations. That however does not mean I am cavalier about human deaths. Back around 1975 when i was around 25 years of age my action was to have a vasectomy. I had no children at the time and have not fathered any since. My plan was to simply not get my wife at the time pregnant and she also agreed. The population has grown exponentially regardless of my action anyway. I do not see how my stance of simply preventing pregnancies translates to somehow that I see the deaths of lots of people as no big deal.
You comment is not a surprise however. I recall you from the science is cancelled thread. If my recollection is correct you were among the name callers and those using cutting put downs.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Now it could far into the future... look up undeveloped leases.
You don't know how it works. I'll simplify it.
1 Company thinks oil might be in an area
2 Applies for lease, pays fee's
3 Spends millions searching for oil and gas.
4 Most times finds none.
5 If found spends millions getting it out of the ground.

The policies of the "green" movement make spending this exploratory money not viable. I used to manage a pipe making plant, some of the pipes were 20,000 plus dollars a piece. 16 inch by 30 feet.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
You don't know how it works. I'll simplify it.
1 Company thinks oil might be in an area
2 Applies for lease, pays fee's
3 Spends millions searching for oil and gas.
4 Most times finds none.
5 If found spends millions getting it out of the ground.

The policies of the "green" movement make spending this exploratory money not viable. I used to manage a pipe making plant, some of the pipes were 20,000 plus dollars a piece. 16 inch by 30 feet.

Keystone was made with American steel too if I recall, I think trump said we will make it using American steel as part of the deal

So that money would of helped some steel jobs in employees

I browse Reddit politics section often, people are totally happy with the idea of 10 dollars a gallon etc.

All they care about is handouts, debt forgiveness, students loan forgiveness, brb 20-25min wage.

The group is pretty much excited with the course of what’s going on. Many of them literally are calling for bans of gasoline in cities saying worlds dying

Blows my mind.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Good thing my main client is Chevron Refining. Gas keeps going up I'll be asked for a bit more money to make ends meet. Sucks though as I started new job only 3 months ago for a 60% bump, and I'm already having to go back to the table. Driving 600-1000 miles a week for work out of pocket is putting a damper on things. then Rent went up over 25% last month for my city apartment.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing my main client is Chevron Refining. Gas keeps going up I'll be asked for a bit more money to make ends meet. Sucks though as I started new job only 3 months ago for a 60% bump, and I'm already having to go back to the table. Driving 600-1000 miles a week for work out of pocket is putting a damper on things. then Rent went up over 25% last month for my city apartment.
You’re doing it wrong. tenants all over America simply didn’t pay rent for 2 years and let the government cover their expenses. /not joking.

Sad your stuff up though. Hope it all works out for you

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
You’re doing it wrong. tenants all over America simply didn’t pay rent for 2 years and let the government cover their expenses. /not joking.

Sad your stuff up though. Hope it all works out for you
good thing is that I'd already signed a 3 month lease there, and am moving out to another apartment I'd already signed a year lease on, so managed to squeeze in right before the price increases. Granted, it sucks paying for a house and apartment at the same time, plus fuel cost.

Luckily Granger (@Zach@Granger) is doing right with the price increases on the cars and holding price, otherwise I'd have to kill the car goodbye.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Keystone was made with American steel too if I recall, I think trump said we will make it using American steel as part of the deal

So that money would of helped some steel jobs in employees

I browse Reddit politics section often, people are totally happy with the idea of 10 dollars a gallon etc.

All they care about is handouts, debt forgiveness, students loan forgiveness, brb 20-25min wage.

The group is pretty much excited with the course of what’s going on. Many of them literally are calling for bans of gasoline in cities saying worlds dying

Blows my mind.
Hello; This is a personal observation based on a comment I suspect was directed at me yesterday.

Quote jtmat; "But since at least one person believes there are too many people on earth, the death of more people won't be a big deal. "

My stance has always been to reduce population using birth control, not by killing people. $10 a gallon gas will do harm directly to people. I can see how some, perhaps many, will die. A fair example of how such things play out is the classic move some decades ago to turn a food grain (corn) into ethanol to use as a fuel. That caused a spike in food prices which led to more hunger as some could not afford the increased prices for corn and other food grains as the supply was reduced by the tonnage of corn used as fuel. (yes, a supply/demand scenario determined by a policy. Oops I use the P word again.)

Already the local food banks in my area are being shown as running short of supplies with the current inflation. Likely a combination of more people needing their service and less in the way of donations.

These agendas and policies pushed by true believers are already doing harm and will do even more if they get what they want. I get the following will not fit very well as an example but it should fit a bit.
A few decades ago a story circulated about how a public school teacher got into some trouble. One version was the teacher was fired over the incident. Seems a field trip was taken to a slaughter house. The students got to see just how their hamburger meat was made. Apparently some who had only ever seen the meat in neat packages in a market were traumatized and the parents took action. Not understanding how some things work can be a hindrance when making decisions about how to make big changes to fundamental aspects of a smoothly working society.
I was raised around animals used for food. I first killed a chicken when around six years of age. My mother made meals from that chicken. I helped feed those chickens. I collected eggs. I was quick and could catch whichever hen mom wanted. I got big enough at six to use a hatchet and cut off their heads. When mom killed a chicken she threw the headless body under a tub to let it thrash around. I would just let it go and watch in run around without a head for a bit. Blood would spurt some distance.

It is a grand idea, that one to save a planet. I had a notion 50 years ago the way was to have fewer children. Few took that path so I will never know if my idea would have worked. I can see that if the price of basic energy from fossil fuels gets high enough they will not be used. The way it is presented in other discussions is even if fossil fuel use became zero today the climate warming will continue to rise for at least FIFTY years before a difference is made. I will be long gone.
Of course some of the most polluting countries have no intention of stopping the use of fossil fuels. They do tend to make vague promises about how in a few decades they will stop using coal and such, but are planning to even increase the use for at least ten+ years.
China is building and putting into service new coal fueled power plants at the rate of around two per month. Yeah, I bet in ten years they will suddenly scrap all that infrastructure.

Let me close by saying I can respect a true believer who walks the walk of their convictions. Those who are against fossil fuels and who live a lifestyle so that they do not directly or indirectly use any. I made a choice to be childless because I was convinced overpopulation was the bigger issue. After some thought I had a vasectomy so as to have a for sure way to do birth control.

The classic example is some high-level personality telling us to do without while he flies around the world in a private jet to get an award for the telling us to do without.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
no the comment was directed at no one, I read a plethora of comments and I just commented about the people on reddit being perfectly happy with the way the worlds coming too. "I will just bike, and take public transits, as long as people clear my debt, its all good" its literally the echo chamber on politic section of reddit.

had nothing to do towards you. was just stating the overall consensus of the reddit forum. im personally not happy with the state of affairs, I barely go anywhere or do anything because I can't afford to. meanwhile others are milking this system for all its worth. their lives have never been better, because they don't own anything or do anything anyway

I particularly only care about my life in the grand scheme of things, I can't say I care about the future as I will be dead to worry about it. fact is, my savings, my funds, its literally becoming worthless as everything increases. the people who had nothing, are living better than ever on all the assistance being given out.

its prob a mix of jealousy, and piss'offness. my sister is a person of this caliber, she's a mom with 3 sep kids, sep dads, child support, she gets that housing assistance, food stamps, unemployment/welfare, and she works like 3 jobs under the table.

she's LOADED. and has no shame. I don't speak to her, but I hear about it through my mom and I shut her down, because I tell. her, mom im happy for you to be happy for my sister, but you realize, all that money comes from people like me right? "but she's a good mommy" yeah, fuk off with that. I don't see why people think because someones a mom they deserve a handout in everyway possible.

someones mom I know same thing, piece of crap, living off free everything, just because she has a damn kid. the kid got kicked out of school for not even going, she's literally been living free housing for 4 years now. I don't understand it. she sleeps 18 hours a day. up at like midnight to 6 and sleeps all day again. eats out everyday, no shame.

I wish I was a president, id end everything. oh. can't afford to eat? automatic job applications sent to them and they can get a job, and in exchange, they will get benefits. no free ride anymore.

I apologize.. that rant got way long. but damn it makes me mad. yes I am a salty pretzel. im the dumbass who lost 25k in stock calls this year :| so im super stupid salty. but that was my own demise.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
no the comment was directed at no one, I read a plethora of comments and I just commented about the people on reddit being perfectly happy with the way the worlds coming too. "I will just bike, and take public transits, as long as people clear my debt, its all good" its literally the echo chamber on politic section of reddit.

had nothing to do towards you. was just stating the overall consensus of the reddit forum. im personally not happy with the state of affairs, I barely go anywhere or do anything because I can't afford to. meanwhile others are milking this system for all its worth. their lives have never been better, because they don't own anything or do anything anyway

I particularly only care about my life in the grand scheme of things, I can't say I care about the future as I will be dead to worry about it. fact is, my savings, my funds, its literally becoming worthless as everything increases. the people who had nothing, are living better than ever on all the assistance being given out.

its prob a mix of jealousy, and piss'offness. my sister is a person of this caliber, she's a mom with 3 sep kids, sep dads, child support, she gets that housing assistance, food stamps, unemployment/welfare, and she works like 3 jobs under the table.

she's LOADED. and has no shame. I don't speak to her, but I hear about it through my mom and I shut her down, because I tell. her, mom im happy for you to be happy for my sister, but you realize, all that money comes from people like me right? "but she's a good mommy" yeah, fuk off with that. I don't see why people think because someones a mom they deserve a handout in everyway possible.

someones mom I know same thing, piece of crap, living off free everything, just because she has a damn kid. the kid got kicked out of school for not even going, she's literally been living free housing for 4 years now. I don't understand it. she sleeps 18 hours a day. up at like midnight to 6 and sleeps all day again. eats out everyday, no shame.

I wish I was a president, id end everything. oh. can't afford to eat? automatic job applications sent to them and they can get a job, and in exchange, they will get benefits. no free ride anymore.

I apologize.. that rant got way long. but damn it makes me mad. yes I am a salty pretzel. im the dumbass who lost 25k in stock calls this year :| so im super stupid salty. but that was my own demise.
Hello; It was jtmat who made a post I figure was directed at me, not you. I put his quote in my post.

Of course it may not be me who you are speaking to. If so such is their problem. I agree with your post.

I am one who has never been a taker and have had to both earn a living and pay taxes to support others. I was a public school teacher in a community with lot of folks on checks. I saw some who deserved the help but more who did not and were playing the system.

When I moved into my first home that it took until I was 62 years old to save enough to afford I had a neighbor who collected a disability check. He did hard and very physical jobs that paid cash so he could keep drawing that check. His two kids also drew a check. That is just one example. I know worse examples of people playing the system.

I do now get a pension check from the state in which I taught school. Maybe some will put me into the same category as others getting a check, but such was the deal I made with the state to work a low paying job for decades.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The Federal Reserve printed 120 billion a month for the last 2 years (2,880,000,000,000) but somehow a little bit of talk of debt forgiveness or higher minimum wage really sets people off.
The problem with raising Min wage above what the labor is worth is it causes prices to rise. Within a short time the buying power of the higher wage drops to what was before.

McDonalds worker making 7 per hour Big mac meal =5 bucks. McDonalds worker making 15 per hour Big Mac meal= 11 bucks

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The “rich”, it’s an old bs argument. The reality is people that are wise with their decisions and finance’s generally do better. It’s just a fact. As for the small percentage you insinuate get the benefits from the government. In NM that number is between 52-53 percent that are getting some kind of handout, and that’s at the State Level. There are obviously always going to be a portion of any society that will need help, but that help has long gone past just those in need. All you have to do to see the evidence of those policies and the damage it’s doing , is look at the current labor shortages. As for minimum wage. That’s not even a valid issue any longer. Minimum starting wage’s here are 12-14$/hr, and that’s for the most low level of positions(IE fast food for example). I don’t blame “regular” people for our problems. I do take issue with those that don’t want to earn it and think some one else(insert “the rich”) here should bail out there bad choice’s.

As I have aged and gotten wiser, I have serious problems blaming our problems on the tiny percentage of our budget that goes to the middle class and lower parts of the population.

For those that understand zeros it should be apparent that our problems from inflation to high gas prices are not any fault of poor. The Federal Reserve printed 120 billion a month for the last 2 years (2,880,000,000,000) but somehow a little bit of talk of debt forgiveness or higher minimum wage really sets people off.

I really is sad at this point that somehow we are in anyway blaming other regular people for the problems we are having, while the rich have gotten so incredibly wealth for the reason we blame each other. Handouts.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Here some of the fast food outfits do not have there dining rooms open for this very reason. No one to higher, and the cost of the new higher will basically drive the cost up to the point the doors will be shuttered.

The problem with raising Min wage above what the labor is worth is it causes prices to rise. Within a short time the buying power of the higher wage drops to what was before.

McDonalds worker making 7 per hour Big mac meal =5 bucks. McDonalds worker making 15 per hour Big Mac meal= 11 bucks
Sponsored