Gas prices dropping soon?

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
What agenda? I do not have an agenda. That is why I'm saying that politics had virtually nothing to do with the cost of gas. Then or now.

Covid hit in March of 2020. By the spring lockdowns were in place and travel fell off the cliff. Gas prices plummeted. Fast forward to 1st quarter 2021. The vaccines are coming out and slowly but surely demand started to rise. This had nothing to do with the past administration nor the current one. This is exactly what your article shows.
Never said you had an agenda. My reference to the previous administration was only a timeline reference.

Look again at the numbers. If it were just demand, would they not have stopped somewhere close to the precovid demand (never above $3), Also gas prices were on a decline upto the point covid hit. Agree some the continued drop was due to lack ord demand .

Politics does drive gas prices, or at least policy and world events. Not going to take a side though.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Never said you had an agenda. My reference to the previous administration was only a timeline reference.

Look again at the numbers. If it were just demand, would they not have stopped somewhere close to the precovid demand (never above $3), Also gas prices were on a decline upto the point covid hit. Agree some the continued drop was due to lack ord demand .

Politics does drive gas prices, or at least policy and world events. Not going to take a side though.
OK, really sorry, I misunderstood. And yes, politics certainly does play at least a small part is everything that happens, including the price of gas. I just do not want to play the blame game. It's too easy and doesn't explain the entire picture. :like:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
What agenda? I do not have an agenda. That is why I'm saying that politics had virtually nothing to do with the cost of gas. Then or now.

Covid hit in March of 2020. By the spring lockdowns were in place and travel fell off the cliff. Gas prices plummeted. Fast forward to 1st quarter 2021. The vaccines are coming out and slowly but surely demand started to rise. This had nothing to do with the past administration nor the current one. This is exactly what your article shows.
Hello; We all know the various policies enacted during Covid had a big effect on jobs, lifestyles and the economy. I think you stated that there was very low demand for a time during the covid restrictions. That low demand affected gas prices. As demand increases the price increases you also stated. I contend the fall and rise in demand had a root in policies forced onto us so some of the current price must be associated with policies.
Do not get me wrong it is not just covid policies. There are long standing policies in place against fossil fuels and that agenda is not new. The new part was that 14 months ago some of the anti-fossil fuels policies were put into effect.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
The other thing that really affects price is the amount of production in the world. OPEC doesn't want to ramp up production as that will mean they get paid less per barrel. The capacity is there the will is not.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
The other thing that really affects price is the amount of production in the world. OPEC doesn't want to ramp up production as that will mean they get paid less per barrel. The capacity is there the will is not.
The bigger issue with OPEC+ is Russia. Many of the larger members do not want to undercut them by increasing production. A few members have already gone on record as wanting to increase production. Like it or not everything today revolves around Russia.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/02/russia-ukraine-crisis-opec-to-decide-on-oil-production-policy.html

Sponsored

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Avg price of fuel in CA has gone up $1.00/gal in the last month to $5.75. One month!

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Not much of a drop considering oil dropped 27%.
Hello; gas prices remined me of the toy rockets my students would build and launch. They would zoom up and then drift down slowly on a parachute.

Heard today China is trying to get one of the middle east oil countries to use their currency and not the dollar. If that happens the entire game will change.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
This is a surprise to me. I thought for sure it would hit at least $5 a gallon for regular since we just put the sanctions in and with the uncertainty of what's going to happen with the war yet.

Sponsored

M-Driver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
I would cheer if we had your price, you are whing about. We have to pay 7,90 USD per gallon Premium.

Edit: wait, i calculated wrong. It's 9,57 USD and still rising.

If someone wants to donor, ask for my PayPal account

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I would cheer if we had your price, you are whing about. We have to pay 7,90 USD per gallon Premium.

Edit: wait, i calculated wrong. It's 9,57 USD and still rising.

If someone wants to donor, ask for my PayPal account
Whining, whose whining? :giggle: Considering what others are paying I'm a happy puppy.:like:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
No whining here either. We’ve had it easy compared to EU and UK for a very long time.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
This is a surprise to me. I thought for sure it would hit at least $5 a gallon for regular since we just put the sanctions in and with the uncertainty of what's going to happen with the war yet.
It was announced that we are buying more oil from other countries to more than make up the oil we were getting from Russia.
Sponsored