Sponsored

G2 or G3 ESS Supercharger for 2023 Mustang GT

preamrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Hey everyone, I am planning on boosting my car soon and I need some advice.

I am looking to get in the 600s without getting into the 700s WHP wise, but I dont really know which kit would be best for my power goal.

my questions are,

which injectors should I go with?

Should I go with the DW415 fuel pump?

I live in Canada so I will only be using 91 or 93 gas and for the tune I am going with VMP unless you guys suggest otherwise.

any info would be much appreciated

thank you guys! :)
Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Just go G3, it outperforms the G2 in all manners for not much more money. This will put you at mid/upper 600s without octane booster and thatā€™s about the limit without booster or E85.

If you know youā€™re never going E85 or willing to run octane booster, just do GT500 injectors, DW 415 pump, 120mm pulley and call it a day. Id also recommend 93 octane at all times if possible.

As for a tune, Iā€™d highly recommend not using VMP, just search the forum for posts about their tunes. Go with Wengerd or Lund (even though some people hate Lund for how they communicate they put out good tunes for most).

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
G2 and 120mm will get you what you want for the best price. G3 will be a little more money but will give you 30-40whp more on the same setup. So for example, the G2/120mm might net you 640whp where the G3/120mm will net you 680whp. So you have to decide if thatā€™s worth it to you.

GT500 injectors and the DW415 OR BAP will be fine, whatever is easier for you Iā€™d say. I did the GT500 injectors & DW415 pump when I first boosted mine and had ZERO issues.

Iā€™d suggest Wengerd for tuning, you will not be disappointed.. but there is a few others that would be fine.

Beaujangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As daSNAK3 said, for a few $ more do the G3. I got a "refurbished" G3X/G4 Intercooler kit with 125 pully from ESS for about 6K also the GT500 injectors, FR plugs and Wengerd tune...car goes into my local shop next week for the install...don't think I need the DW415 pump as I will be running 93 octane.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If your goals are going to stay at that level and you're certain of it, the G2 will get you there, but if there is any inkling you're going to want more, go G3. The GT500 injectors will get you there and then some, and for the price, it's probably not worth bumping up to the ID1050X's.

Wengerd for tuning. He's the best on these cars right now.

Sponsored

jpjr501

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - Procharged
Get the one you're going to grow into and so you do this just once. That's what I did with my Procharger, went right to the 1100HP capable unit (only making around 800 on a 120MM pulley). I know if I want to really step it up, I don't have to purchase anything else.

The ESS also offers the same, several power options to choose from so get the one you'll grow into later. If it's a daily stay under 700hp/10psi so you can use pump gas. I'm on E85 only (not a daily) and it can be a pain.

A good fuel system (I have a Fore Innovations) and tuner are key to performance and driveability. Don't skimp on these.

OP
OP

preamrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
If your goals are going to stay at that level and you're certain of it, the G2 will get you there, but if there is any inkling you're going to want more, go G3. The GT500 injectors will get you there and then some, and for the price, it's probably not worth bumping up to the ID1050X's.

Wengerd for tuning. He's the best on these cars right now.
Wengerd, been seeing him alot gonna read up on them.

yea after reading your posts and the others posts on this thread i think im gonna go G3 I will probably thank myself later haha

as for the tune, should I purchase the forced induction tune and flash it to the car before first start up? sory might be a stupid question im new to these tuners.

OP
OP

preamrose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
G2 and 120mm will get you what you want for the best price. G3 will be a little more money but will give you 30-40whp more on the same setup. So for example, the G2/120mm might net you 640whp where the G3/120mm will net you 680whp. So you have to decide if thatā€™s worth it to you.

GT500 injectors and the DW415 OR BAP will be fine, whatever is easier for you Iā€™d say. I did the GT500 injectors & DW415 pump when I first boosted mine and had ZERO issues.

Iā€™d suggest Wengerd for tuning, you will not be disappointed.. but there is a few others that would be fine.
Yea I see what you mean, really looking at it now the price difference between the G2 and G3 isnt big enough to choose the G2 over the g3 just because of the price.

I think ill go G3 just to have the more options.

thanks you for the advice :)

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wengerd, been seeing him alot gonna read up on them.

yea after reading your posts and the others posts on this thread i think im gonna go G3 I will probably thank myself later haha

as for the tune, should I purchase the forced induction tune and flash it to the car before first start up? sory might be a stupid question im new to these tuners.
I would talk with Mr. Wengerd. He's very helpful and yes, he will give you a start-up tune and have you log some data. Then there'll be some revisions as he gets it dialed in.
Sponsored