Sponsored

FYI On Carlite REPLACEMENT Windshields !!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Sorry, but I'm easily confused. Why is Safelite involved if it's OEM glass?
Im still confused. Why is Safelite recalling OEM glass...?
So exactly why is the Safelite glass being recalled? Some are saying it’s the OEM Ford Carlite glass, but it’s being referred to as Safelite… and installed by Safelite.

Can we get some clarity on here? The “letter” posted in the multiple threads on here now by the OP doesn’t give any insight to the “why” nor does it say that there is a safety concern….

So does the issue extend back to any Ford Carlite glass as installed on the assembly line? Or only “replacement” Carlite that is installed AFTER the vehicle has been sold and the original is damaged?

Clarity anyone?
The OP doesn't state a reason. 🤷‍♂️
I do see any reasons stated by @TEAsGrabber (OP) that would explain the recall. The safety features mentioned here (or most of them)

I believe are actually mounted in the bumper (which is the reason why Mach 1 does not have an adaptive cruise control).
I still want to know why they are being recalled.
So no one has yet to answer WHY is the glass being recalled?

There’s not one mention of WHY the glass
Is being recalled in the OP’s posts per the “letter”. YES it says there is a recall, YES it says don’t rely on your safety equipment, and YES the owner has to check the stamping on their windshield to determine eligibility for the recall.

but there isn’t any reason given as to WHY the glass is being called.

Is it made of candy glass like stunt drivers and movie sets use?

Is it not clear and has defective waves in it?

Will it break into large sections severing limbs and heads instead of busting up into teeny tiny pieces like it should normally?

Does it have auto tint features where it goes black in direct sunlight?

Was it sourced from bad actors and it has tracking ability designed into it so all the tin foil hat wearers will have to pop it out of their vehicle like when they disconnect their vehicle modems, but continue to post on here using devices and ISP’s that are totally traceable?

WHY is this glass being recalled?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TEAsGrabber

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
So no one has yet to answer WHY is the glass being recalled?

There’s not one mention of WHY the glass
Is being recalled in the OP’s posts per the “letter”. YES it says there is a recall, YES it says don’t rely on your safety equipment, and YES the owner has to check the stamping on their windshield to determine eligibility for the recall.

but there isn’t any reason given as to WHY the glass is being called.

Is it made of candy glass like stunt drivers and movie sets use?

Is it not clear and has defective waves in it?

Will it break into large sections severing limbs and heads instead of busting up into teeny tiny pieces like it should normally?

Does it have auto tint features where it goes black in direct sunlight?

Was it sourced from bad actors and it has tracking ability designed into it so all the tin foil hat wearers will have to pop it out of their vehicle like when they disconnect their vehicle modems, but continue to post on here using devices and ISP’s that are totally traceable?

WHY is this glass being recalled?
the bracket that holds all the sensors, mind you the bracket is pre attached to the windshield, failed

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Still sounds sketchy to me. Ford would be the one issuing a recall on OEM glass, if I had to guess, NOT an installer.

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
So according to Safelite, FORD is recalling the glass for the bracket/safety issue. That's all they will say. So of course, the miscommunication between Safelite Corp. and there field techs has now caused me to reschedule another appointment to have my replacement windshield replaced again.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
So according to Safelite, FORD is recalling the glass for the bracket/safety issue. That's all they will say. So of course, the miscommunication between Safelite Corp. and there field techs has now caused me to reschedule another appointment to have my replacement windshield replaced again.
Is everything working and in place? If so I would worry about it.

Sponsored

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Currently no issues or any leaks. I wouldn't doubt it's just a certain #lot that FORD is recalling just to be safe...

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
According to NHTSA, there is no recall on 2015-2023 Mustang windshields. There have been 23 complaints in the last 5 years for various reasons, but no recalls.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?gad_s...Jo12Gi5UblXtHELgCd0aAkq2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

The OP said this was a notification from Safelite about an issue with a replacement windshield. I suspect that windshield was OEE, not OEM. And not an official NHTSA recall, but a self-labeled "recall" by Safelite or the glass manufacturer when they recognized an ongoing defect.

There is no Ford recall on S550 Mustang windshields.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
According to NHTSA, there is no recall on 2015-2023 Mustang windshields. There have been 23 complaints in the last 5 years for various reasons, but no recalls.

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?gad_s...Jo12Gi5UblXtHELgCd0aAkq2EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

The OP said this was a notification from Safelite about an issue with a replacement windshield. I suspect that windshield was OEE, not OEM. And not an official NHTSA recall, but a self-labeled "recall" by Safelite or the glass manufacturer when they recognized an ongoing defect.

There is no Ford recall on S550 Mustang windshields.
This makes much more sense.

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, everything is working as it should, and I'm not sweating it. I'll jump through the hoop though.

xnick58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 401A 6 speed
To add to this, I had my glass replaced in October of 23 by safelite due to a deep chip. I got a call about an OEM glass recall a week ago to schedule a new OEM install. About 2-3 months after the original replacement i noticed my intermittent rain sensing wipers stopped working but my lane keep assist and auto cruise was still working. Fast forward another month or two and the entire plastic shielding around the sensors behind the rear view mirror is seperating from the windshield is close to falling off completely. This plastic bracket seperating from the windshield caused the sensors to not be in contact with the glass anymore, hence them not working correctly. I also noticed a bunch of dried glue around the forward facing camera that works with the safety system that looks like it could be interfering with them being able to sense whats ahead of the car. I confirmed today that they are replacing it with another OEM windshield. They mentioned they are giving me complimentary windhsield wipers too...yay.
Sponsored