Sponsored

FYI On Carlite REPLACEMENT Windshields !!

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Mine was replaced in Nov. of 2022 and Safelite called me today!

Dear Todd,

To follow up on our earlier call, here are some important instructions to determine whether the windshield of your Ford Mustang is included in a manufacturer’s safety recall.

Remember, DO NOT rely on your vehicle’s advanced safety features, including but not limited to forward-collision warning, lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control until we have confirmed whether your windshield is included in the recall and will need to be replaced at no cost.

To see if your windshield is affected, look for a small stamp on the lower middle portion of your windshield. This will include the name of the manufacturer and several numbers and codes.

Please take a picture of this stamp or write down the following to share with our team:
Manufacturer
DOT Number
Lot Code

Then reply to this email, either attaching your photo or including the above information in writing.

If you have any difficulty finding your stamp, contact Safelite’s Customer Care Team at 800-776-9837.

Once we’ve determined whether your windshield is included in the recall, our team will contact you with next steps if your windshield will need to be replaced.

We apologize for this inconvenience. Please know that getting you back safely on the road as soon as possible is our top priority.

Yours sincerely,
Safelite Customer Care Team
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Glad I insisted on OEM glass when I had mine done

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium

Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Sorry, but I'm easily confused. Why is Safelite involved if it's OEM glass?

OP
OP
TEAsGrabber

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
Sorry, but I'm easily confused. Why is Safelite involved if it's OEM glass?
My windshield was broken and replaced by Safelite. Glass was ordered thru and bought from Ford.

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Well, okay then. (Thank you.)

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
I had my 22 windshield replaced by safelight with OEM glass over the summer - haven’t been contacted yet.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Watch out on this kind of thing. I was recently chatting with my mother who worked for a national insurance company for her entire adult life. She was telling me about some of these companies contacting customers claiming a defect was discovered in the glass and then replacing again at no expense. But what was really happening was they were just billing the insurance again. And sometimes really loading up the claim to thousands. In fact, FL just passed a new law about this kind of thing this last year because it was getting so bad.

Sponsored

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
I got the phone call last week to set up a time to have it replaced, again! I just had the windshield replaced by Safelight this past November. They used OEM glass, calibrated everything, and life was good.
The Tech came out to the house this past Saturday to replace the windshield again. When he got to the house he verified the numbers and found the previous Tech didn't update the system with new windshield. So turns out I didn't need to have the windshield replaced again.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Im still confused. Why is Safelite recalling OEM glass...?

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I got the phone call last week to set up a time to have it replaced, again! I just had the windshield replaced by Safelight this past November. They used OEM glass, calibrated everything, and life was good.
The Tech came out to the house this past Saturday to replace the windshield again. When he got to the house he verified the numbers and found the previous Tech didn't update the system with new windshield. So turns out I didn't need to have the windshield replaced again.
Did they have you sign a form to bill your insurance?
A recall would be on NHTSA for your vin#. Is it there?

ETA if the recall does not appear, I would call your Ford dealer to check and also see if your insurance was billed.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So exactly why is the Safelite glass being recalled? Some are saying it’s the OEM Ford Carlite glass, but it’s being referred to as Safelite… and installed by Safelite.

Can we get some clarity on here? The “letter” posted in the multiple threads on here now by the OP doesn’t give any insight to the “why” nor does it say that there is a safety concern….

So does the issue extend back to any Ford Carlite glass as installed on the assembly line? Or only “replacement” Carlite that is installed AFTER the vehicle has been sold and the original is damaged?

Clarity anyone?

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Im still confused. Why is Safelite recalling OEM glass...?
The tech said Safelight is pulling Carlite OEM glass per Ford. For all of the reasons th OP stated.
Sponsored