Sponsored

FYI On Carlite REPLACEMENT Windshields !!

wmoore26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WASP
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Did they have you sign a form to bill your insurance?
A recall would be on NHTSA for your vin#. Is it there?

ETA if the recall does not appear, I would call your Ford dealer to check and also see if your insurance was billed.
No signing and no bill to me or my insurance company.
As far as NHTSA, I'm not sure. I'll have to check.
Sponsored

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Watch out on this kind of thing. I was recently chatting with my mother who worked for a national insurance company for her entire adult life. She was telling me about some of these companies contacting customers claiming a defect was discovered in the glass and then replacing again at no expense. But what was really happening was they were just billing the insurance again. And sometimes really loading up the claim to thousands. In fact, FL just passed a new law about this kind of thing this last year because it was getting so bad.
As Mike said, there is a LOT of fraud using a supposed defect as the reason. Mike's example, if he's speaking of the same one, was not just one fraudulent claim, but two. In the case I'm aware of, a woman that found her insurance was being dropped for multiple large claims, two of them for $7k each supposed windshield replacements. And sadly, she is only one of hundreds who have become victim to this.

While Safelite is generally trustworthy, their pool of workers includes folks that may have an angle to make themselves rich. So be sure to do your own investigation.

In the case of Safelite, call a genuine Safelite phone number (not the one in your received text or email), to confirm there is indeed a recall. Safelite (and other reputable companies) want to preserve their good name and will appreciate it if you contact them via an bona-fide national number, email, or website chat to confirm what your windshield status is.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The tech said Safelight is pulling Carlite OEM glass per Ford. For all of the reasons th OP stated.
The OP doesn't state a reason. 🤷‍♂️

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
In the case of Safelite, call a genuine Safelite phone number (not the one in your received text or email), to confirm there is indeed a recall. Safelite (and other reputable companies) want to preserve their good name and will appreciate it if you contact them via an bona-fide national number, email, or website chat to confirm what your windshield status is.
+1, that number was not the one I found online, and searching that number does not come back to Safelite.

Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
The tech said Safelight is pulling Carlite OEM glass per Ford. For all of the reasons th OP stated.
I do see any reasons stated by @TEAsGrabber (OP) that would explain the recall. The safety features mentioned here (or most of them)
Remember, DO NOT rely on your vehicle’s advanced safety features, including but not limited to forward-collision warning, lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control until we have confirmed whether your windshield is included in the recall and will need to be replaced at no cost.
I believe are actually mounted in the bumper (which is the reason why Mach 1 does not have an adaptive cruise control).

OP
OP
TEAsGrabber

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
I talked with Safelite today and it is on applicable to certain windshields that were produced between specific dates. I also called my insurance carrier and Allstate said it's legit.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I talked with Safelite today and it is on applicable to certain windshields that were produced between specific dates. I also called my insurance carrier and Allstate said it's legit.
Thanks for sharing, Todd.

To those following this thread, keep in mind that dubious businesses/individuals will play on one legit recall notice and use it to milk thousands out of you/your insurance company. Of course we all end up paying for it, as our rates will rise as insurers spread out the fraud losses.

Anyway, thanks for checking, Todd. Hopefully, many forum members who still have a concern will follow your lead, to ensure they don't get ripped off unnecessarily.

Sponsored

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
So I recently had my windshield replaced by Safelite, and I also got an email and Phone call from them. I had to get 3 different OEM windshields because the bracket that holds all the sensors, mind you the bracket is pre attached to the windshield, failed and my rain sensors werent working. Maybe it was just me being unlucky, but after the third time It makes sense that there is recall.

Boyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Boyd
Vehicle(s)
17 F5 Cobra, 93 Fox race car, 21 Mach 1, 23 F150
After doing a bunch of searching myself, something is fishy. Like Zombie said, there's stuff on the Mach E, but no Mustang. My F150 has a Customer Satisfaction Program issue on the windshield seal, but no open CSP items on my Mach 1.

I'd ask for some type of documentation before doing anything else.

OP
OP
TEAsGrabber

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
So I sent them all the information and here's what I just got back!

Your Ford Mustang is good to go
Dear Todd,

We’ve got great news. Using the information you provided, we have determined that your windshield is NOT affected by this manufacturer’s recall.

If you temporarily disabled any of your vehicle's advanced safety features, you may turn those features back on.

Thank you for your time and attention to this and for being a Safelite customer. Stay safe out there.

Yours sincerely,
Safelite Customer Care Team

OP
OP
TEAsGrabber

TEAsGrabber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Mach1
So I recently had my windshield replaced by Safelite, and I also got an email and Phone call from them. I had to get 3 different OEM windshields because the bracket that holds all the sensors, mind you the bracket is pre attached to the windshield, failed and my rain sensors werent working. Maybe it was just me being unlucky, but after the third time It makes sense that there is recall.
What I bolded is EXACTLY why the recall is taking place! Certain lot #s made between certain dates have this fault! I spoke to Safelite directly.
Sponsored