Sponsored

Fuse block fuse taps - discuss

21Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
I used a fuse tap I'm my 2021 on the front camera fuse for my 12v amp turn on and it worked fine. My 2021 has 3 fuse types though and a lot of unused fuse ports. I have found the 3 blade fuses, 2 blade normal, and 2 blade mini. I didn't have any issues with putting in a fuse tap. I'd shy away from modifying the plastic and maybe find a more convenient fuse if 23 doesn't want to work. The fuses are very tight in there so make sure you use a light and get the fuse inserted correctly and that you haven't pushed the fuse housing out of the holder.
That’s interesting because I’m having nothing but trouble. I don’t want to use 23 because it’s 30 amp and I’m hardwiring a radar detector that only needs 5 amp. I want to use 22 it’s 5 amp and it’s the 3 pronged/micro 3 fuse and I already have the fuse tap it’s just a little too thick. There is unnecessary plastic that is just fluff and I think shaving it down won’t affect anything
Sponsored

GWraith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathaniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Phase 2 Roushcharged
That’s interesting because I’m having nothing but trouble. I don’t want to use 23 because it’s 30 amp and I’m hardwiring a radar detector that only needs 5 amp. I want to use 22 it’s 5 amp and it’s the 3 pronged/micro 3 fuse and I already have the fuse tap it’s just a little too thick. There is unnecessary plastic that is just fluff and I think shaving it down won’t affect anything
If you use a fuse tap the circuit needs to be sized correctly. The new circuit should only have a 5 amp fuse while the main circuit should have a 30 amp fuse. Make sure you're using the right fuse in the right part of the tap. It does not matter what circuit you use as long as it comes in with the car then off with it as well.

21Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang GT
If you use a fuse tap the circuit needs to be sized correctly. The new circuit should only have a 5 amp fuse while the main circuit should have a 30 amp fuse. Make sure you're using the right fuse in the right part of the tap. It does not matter what circuit you use as long as it comes in with the car then off with it as well.
I grinded it down and it went in smooth as butter and now my radar detector tunrns on and off with the car. I’m so happy now this has been a multiple day event because of work lol. Thanks for your reply’s.
Sponsored