Sponsored

Fuse slots in the fuse taps for hardwiring a dashcam

TheDonSalami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
So I bought a f800 pro and Im going to try to hardwire it. I bought these fuse taps from blackboxmycar and when they came I noticed there was 2 fuse slots on the fuse taps and it came with 20amp fuses but I'm not sure why. Do I need to use both of those slots? If so, Does it matter which fuse goes into which slot? What amp fuse goes into the second slot when the first is the original fuse I'm tapping into? Thank you in advanced!
Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Don't put a 20A fuse on a dash cam. 2A is more appropriate. If the circuit you're tapping into has a 10A fuse, don't use the 20A there, either. Usually the new tap is only two blades. You may have to use a meter to determine which new slot is for the original circuit.

Sik19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT performance pack 1
I used fuse 23 for key on power for my sub install. I have read to generally use that fuse to for key on power. Use the fuse you replaced in the lower position and the on for the accesory in the upper slot. I would use a 5 amp fuse to run it personally.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clive
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Don't put a 20A fuse on a dash cam. 2A is more appropriate. If the circuit you're tapping into has a 10A fuse, don't use the 20A there, either. Usually the new tap is only two blades. You may have to use a meter to determine which new slot is for the original circuit.
Hi all, I am about to hardwire both a dashcam and a tracking device, and need power to both when the ignition is off and the car is parked overnight, which fuse numbers in the footwell internal fuse box should I use to piggyback on ? Many thanks.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all, I am about to hardwire both a dashcam and a tracking device, and need power to both when the ignition is off and the car is parked overnight, which fuse numbers in the footwell internal fuse box should I use to piggyback on ? Many thanks.
The only thing that matters there is make sure you use a switched circuit. Also, fuse BOTH devices independently, not just one fuse for both.
Sponsored