Sponsored

Full Race?

superblur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
wouldn't that space between the top two ports cause a lot of turbulence as exhaust goes into the completely open top port of the turbo manifold?

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Full-Race always takes a long time for R&D, but, in the end, their products are amazing.

Sponsored

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
2.3L cyl head photo for the record
Curious if the ports were able to be opened up to the scribe marks...appears to be a lot of meat that doesn't have to be there.

Screw uniformity, just get the sh!t out. Looks like one case where grinding just at the port exit may make a huge difference. :D

Does Headgames concentrate on port velocity distribution, or cfm primarily? Or is this reserved for the intake side only, letting the exhaust fall where it may?

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
if you look at the scribe marks you can see what someone was thinking. Just saying.

STREETMASTERS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
1) we are not allowed to publically release all data, this is all I am permitted to share. it was hard for me to get clearance to share this in fact. Our development is ongoing, and if/when i can post the 2.3L mustang data i will be happy to. I have signed numerous confidentiality docs and can not post info/data to appease

2) no. the 2.3L cyl head has 3 ports not 2. the magic happens in the manifold, moreso in this engine than any other.

3) I think you are missing the point. Im not spouting this off as banter or something open to interpretation. we are continuing to do the same level of development on the 2.3L IEM ecoboost. if you truly care to nerd out on the math, spend time time on borgwarner's matchbot app - there are some youtube videos at the bottom that explain how to use this tool:
http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/aftermarket/matchbot.aspx

4) I personally ran my 2.3L mustang ecoboost with the same turbo (EFR7163) in both configurations: Twinscroll and Singlescroll. The singlescroll was so laggy/lazy i deemed it a waste of time. Obviously there is one guy is going fast with a CPE singlescroll adaptor and T3 turbo, and it seems MAP likes it also... Differences of opinion are what make the world go 'round, no hard feelings in any way - like i said, if you cant wait for us get something else
Appreciate the updates!!! Waiting patiently to see how it turns out!!!

Full-Race Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.full-race.com
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Full-Race always takes a long time for R&D, but, in the end, their products are amazing.
:cheers:

if you look at the scribe marks you can see what someone was thinking. Just saying.
opening up to the scribe marks is not recommended, the port gets too big

Why would someone designed a part like that? Cost saving?
singlescroll is typically lower cost to mfg and easy to bring to market quickly. If i felt this was a viable option we would have been selling kits last novemeber

Curious if the ports were able to be opened up to the scribe marks...appears to be a lot of meat that doesn't have to be there.
i like your posts :thumbsup: obviously you have a good understanding of cyl head preperation. This is a tricky cyl head to get right, i do not beleive its as simple as upgrade valvesprings and grind away. its fun to see an entirely new platform getting pioneered from different directions ... without any question there is real potential here

Sponsored

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
That was cool. The Subaru Jig is a great idea!

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Great info here, and Herr_Poopschitz... I wish I understood half as much, lot's of good learning here.

I feel like John Snow.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Still waiting for updates on your turbo kit. Kinda slow to the market, when there's two other companies that already have theirs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Have you read anything on this thread? :frusty:

I have, and all I see is a company that's not taking advantage of capitalizing on a share of the market when two other companies are well ahead of them and have turbo kits already installed on customer cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored