Fuel Issue After Whipple Stage2 Install On 2018

RdRunnr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I just installed the Whipple Gen 5 3.0 Stage 2 kit on my 2018 Mustang last week.

The car runs strong until it hits half a tank of gas.

Once it has half a tank of gas or less if I go any more then quarter of throttle the car will go lean and break up, even just normal cruising.

Other then possibly missing the transfer connector on the DW400 pump, is there anything else that would cause this?

If I fill the tank back up everything is fine again until I hit half a tank again so trying to figure out what I should look for.
Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Why not put the fuel system back to factory stock and see if that fixes you problem.
I have the stock fuel system on my 2017 mustang Whipple Stage 2 Kit and tune is perfect.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Isn’t there a Venturi line that pulls fuel from the passenger’s side of the tank? It sounds like that part isn’t working.

crcpdx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, if you are not pulling from the passenger side the car will go lean at half tank

Sponsored

OP
OP
RdRunnr

RdRunnr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Is it the transfer connector at the bottom of that the hat that pulls from the other side? I am starting to think that they missed that connection...

OP
OP
RdRunnr

RdRunnr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Why not put the fuel system back to factory stock and see if that fixes you problem.
I have the stock fuel system on my 2017 mustang Whipple Stage 2 Kit and tune is perfect.
Since the stage 2 kit includes the DW400, this is like saying he should put his stock injectors back in.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The other thing to watch out for is incorrect install of the float itself (snagging).
Eg. The tank might actually be empty (ish) but the level shows as half.
Simplest method for checking, fill it up and take note of how much it takes to fill or keep an eye on the gauge...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
your floater is most likely stuck over the cross over hose which isn't letting it give you a accurate reading below half, this is common. Usually happens when you do the install with fuel still in the tank. When the tank is empty it's not an issue, but when you have fuel in te tank the cross over hose likes to float on the fuel and will float its way under the fuel level arm and then not let it come all the way down when you are low on fuel

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Since the stage 2 kit includes the DW400, this is like saying he should put his stock injectors back in.
Stand corrected, all I was suggesting is most of the time when you make new mods and have problems with the install, you should go back and double check your work.
I have a Whipple Stage2 kit in my 2017 Mustang that did not come with the upgraded fuel system in my kit.
Sure hope you find your problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RdRunnr

RdRunnr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

We pulled the assembly today and it turns out the smaller hose had popped off one end of the venturi outlet.

Got her clamped up good now and she's running strong again!
52A8256A-B42E-4CDA-8076-3F7477E116AF.jpeg.jpg
Sponsored