Sponsored

Frustrated 4th owner looking for one (1) 2015-2018 front wheel . . .

edunn14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Don't even know where to begin with this one, I am so frustrated with myself. Had the car since January 2023. A few weeks ago I posted about replacing the center caps to OEM. Someone pointed out I had 2019-2020 wheels with the slight redesign instead of the 2018 wheels that should be on it, and while I was surprised I figured oh well, I like the look of the 2019-2020 wheels as well so all is well.

Today at the ceramic coating shop for my follow-up to make sure the coating is setting right - I notice it's JUST the front driver's side wheel that is different. All the others are the 2018 style. Now I have one mismatched wheel and I can't let that slide.

Anyone have a lead on a singular 2018 style GT350 wheel, 10-spoke, part #FR3Z1007P? I found some places online that seem to suggest I'll be dropping about $500 for this oversight in purchasing, not to mention what I maybe also missed that led that to be the case.

As an aside, there is also an overspray spot on the front bumper that I chalked up to maybe there was a paint issue as there was absolutely nothing else to suggest the car had been wrecked. Now I'm second-guessing that decision . . .
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Don't even know where to begin with this one, I am so frustrated with myself. Had the car since January 2023. A few weeks ago I posted about replacing the center caps to OEM. Someone pointed out I had 2019-2020 wheels with the slight redesign instead of the 2018 wheels that should be on it, and while I was surprised I figured oh well, I like the look of the 2019-2020 wheels as well so all is well.

Today at the ceramic coating shop for my follow-up to make sure the coating is setting right - I notice it's JUST the front driver's side wheel that is different. All the others are the 2018 style. Now I have one mismatched wheel and I can't let that slide.

Anyone have a lead on a singular 2018 style GT350 wheel, 10-spoke, part #FR3Z1007P? I found some places online that seem to suggest I'll be dropping about $500 for this oversight in purchasing, not to mention what I maybe also missed that led that to be the case.

As an aside, there is also an overspray spot on the front bumper that I chalked up to maybe there was a paint issue as there was absolutely nothing else to suggest the car had been wrecked. Now I'm second-guessing that decision . . .
Plan on being in Indiana anytime soon?

OP
OP

edunn14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Plan on being in Indiana anytime soon?
Unfortunately not with any way to get a wheel back to Florida. Delta would probably charge me a fortune for that transport.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Unfortunately not with any way to get a wheel back to Florida. Delta would probably charge me a fortune for that transport.
Couldn’t it be a carry-on? ;)

Edit: I guess it’s older than 2 years old. Too old to consider it a lap child.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Have your ceramic coating place (assuming it’s a detailer of some kind) use their paint depth gauge around the fender and bumper and then compare it to other parts of the car. They should all be about the same. If the area where there is overspray is a lot thicker than the other areas of the car, highly likely it was repaired.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Why would you ship via Delta?

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Just get a 2019-20 OEM rear rim and put it on the left rear. Good to go...

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hit up eBay; bound to be some cheap used ones on there. Also try The Parts Farm, they part out a lot of Mustangs.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Midway Mustangs in Iowa is similar to Parts Farm, they might have something as well. They have a website and I believe they have an eBay storefront as well.

OP
OP

edunn14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Hey everyone, having a hard time finding one (1) single front wheel. I've looked at a few of the suggested sites and it looks like they're waiting for one to come into stock for now. Wheelexchange.com has a set of 4 with a slick coating for around 1850 after shipping and taxes, but at that point I wonder if I should just get replica R wheels, or an entirely different set altogether? Not sure that would be cheaper, although the SVE replica wheels that don't fit the GT350 are only about 1200 it seems.

I'm a fan of stock, though . . . perhaps I'll spend even more time looking through the wheel and tire thread now . . .

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just a thought, not likely worth two cents, but with people looking for parts and some of these cars ending up in junk yards, is it worth considering to have a thread or registry of where those cars end up so people can contact them and get those parts? Or is this too old school and not done anymore?
Sponsored