Sponsored

Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD! (new thread)

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
DD DRL are just perfect, I'm glad you could finally get them :cheers:
Man I should have known that opening the lights on that spot is all you need to do. That would be easy 150€ tribar activation without baking the lights or sending them around europe :D
At that time those DD lights were not working properly (John had a burnt driver) and was not bright enough, so probably ours were better!
Now it's way easier and affordable :)
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Their new version is bright but not the brightest thing I've seen on the market.

DD said their boards provide around 1000 lumens, my home made turn signal light provides 2500 lumens. The light output difference between both products is crazy !

Now that everything is on the car, I think I should have created my own boards rather then buying their new "bright" boards.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I'm brainstorming a bit based on the template and picture from Bazzie & John.
I was wondering if a cutout like the lines ive drawn would be enough?

There is a car audio workshop in my neighborhood where I could do the mod and use their available tools and probably they can help me out with the wiring etc. as well. I also found a 3D printing company that could print a rubber sealant to close the lights again, but I need to be sure about a template first.

Anyway, just wanna plan this mod thoroughly in advance.
Template idea.PNG

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
[MENTION=21781]Bazzie[/MENTION] [MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] Guys can I ask you two questions on the great job that you shared with us?

1. What kind/size of dremel did you use to cut the lights open? Maybe this is a dump question, but I never had to use a dremel before.

2. What type of glue did you use to stick the boards on the headlights? Epoxy or the same superfast black adhesive that you used to glue the cat-outs back onto the light?

Thanks both :thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a lot John.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I received my modified headlights with the tribars and will put them on the car on Friday. I was going to replace the turn signal with a set of switchbacks as well (like John), but actually I like it more without them (they make the front of the car too bright).

Those switchbacks are brand new, in the original box, never opened (never touched actually!) and I would like to sell them. If anyone is interested please let me know. I am selling them for 17 euros but I have to add shipping costs as well.

Sponsored

Banditvox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Mustang GT
You don't need a large cutout the Leds slide in over the pins easy, then with a little araldite glue on the pins its done.
IMG_3733.jpg
IMG_3731.jpg

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
[MENTION=21781]Bazzie[/MENTION] [MENTION=14834]John577[/MENTION] Guys can I ask you two questions on the great job that you shared with us?

1. What kind/size of dremel did you use to cut the lights open? Maybe this is a dump question, but I never had to use a dremel before.

2. What type of glue did you use to stick the boards on the headlights? Epoxy or the same superfast black adhesive that you used to glue the cat-outs back onto the light?

Thanks both :thumbsup:
Hi Makstang, as John mentioned I used 3M 04748 2k urethane glue. It is hard as rock after 5 minutes. For the Dremel I used a thin blade for metal.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a lot Bazzie.

By the way, I think you changed the landscape for tribar installation on our cars! Wish you had done it before - this would have helped us save quite a few bucks and the hassle of sending our headlights all over Europe. For me the most difficult part would be removing the front bumper (as I 've never done it before), but I guess after a while you get used to it!

Great job man!

Last edited:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
You don't need a large cutout the Leds slide in over the pins easy, then with a little araldite glue on the pins its done.

Interesting! Do you have a picture from a bit further away, to get a better orientation view where to cut? Thx
Btw, how come you only have black wires on the LED's strips?

Thanks a lot Bazzie.

By the way, I think you changed the landscape for tribar installation on our cars! Wish you had done it before - this would have help us save quite a few bucks and the hassle of sending our headlights all over Europe. For me the most difficult part would be removing the front bumper (as I 've never done it before), but I guess after a while you get used to it!

Great job man!
There's one garage in Belgium who ships them to the unmentioned for 1000€ or at-least that's what the Ford dealers charge the client. So 3 party's are involved...

Now, we just need the rears!
Sponsored