Sponsored

Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD! (new thread)

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
It's probably a dremel, judging by the pictures.
Sponsored

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
Thx for the info & template Bazzie! A few questions comes to mind, I was wondering with this cutting technique if there was a chance to get the wires installed like in this video? Basically coming out where the ballast is.

Second, could you easily position the led boards & glue them on?
Third, how did you get the dremel residue (plastic crumbles etc.) out of the light?

I used a Dremel for iron-work. This works better because the cut remains narrow.
Also the residu material melts immediately so there is no plastic that falls into the headlight.
Wires can come out of the headlight at any place you want. I decided to cut another hole in the cutout. When I re-sealed the cutout, I could hold it on place by the out coming wires.

Installing the led-boards was easy. First set them in position and used a bit of hot-glue to hold them on place. Then used some 2k-glue for the lower pins. I did not glued the upper-pins (difficult to reach) but used more hotglue after all.

pacomicro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT V8 6R80 Auto Vert pp 3.55
And how is the electrical installation done?.
it's very complicated? :shrug:

Bazzie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang ecoboost
And how is the electrical installation done?.
it's very complicated? :shrug:
Not at all !

I made a new wiring harness for the drl's.

- black to chassis/ground at the upper right strut so I can deconnect for annual inspection.
- red to the piggyback-fuseholder in fuse-department (as shown on pictures).
- yellow to you turn signals (l and r)
- white to your (next to your turnlights) parking lights (l and r)

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I used a Dremel for iron-work. This works better because the cut remains narrow.
Also the residu material melts immediately so there is no plastic that falls into the headlight.
I think he was talking about all the tiny splinters that fly everywhere when you dremel plastic - some of those SURELY went into the light instead of out...

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
[MENTION=21781]Bazzie[/MENTION], thanks for giving me all the informations about this mod.

New mod done, Diode Dynamics switchback LED Boards installed on my car :cheers:

1. Cut a hole in the light

2. Place the Boards inside the light and secure everything with glue

3. Seal the cut-out with a good sealant

I put a lot of glue to be sure that everything is really well sealed :D

4. The finsih view

:cheers:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Nice job!

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
John very nice job and thanks for the step by step instructions, as a follow-up to bazzie's innovative approach! Those instructions will be handy if we ever need to replace the boards inside the headlights (I hope we will never need to do that again!).

Just out of curiosity, I thought you already had the tribar LED boards on your car. Are you upgrading from a previous version?

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John very nice job and thanks for the step by step instructions, as a follow-up to bazzie's innovative approach! Those instructions will be handy if we ever need to replace the boards inside the headlights (I hope we will never need to do that again!).

Just out of curiosity, I thought you already had the tribar LED boards on your car. Are you upgrading from a previous version?
That's true, I had their first RGBW boards on my car. But since I crashed my car last winter, I have one brand new headlight without the tri-bars.

As I needed to do them again, I ordered their new "bright" version for my car :thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
As I needed to do them again, I ordered their new "bright" version for my car :thumbsup:
I hope this is the one I purchased as well back in February and sent to our friend for installation...

Also may I make a remark to your approach? From your pictures I guess you used 3M 04748 black adhesive (or something similar) to hold the boards in place. This glue can only withstand up to 82 degrees C. Aren't the temperatures at this position higher when the lights are on? Will the boards stay in place? Unless you used epoxy as well, or something similar. I am only asking so that I know if I ever have to do that on my own in the future :headbonk:

I guess the most difficult part is removing the front bumper, as always!

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
John but aren't your led boards with sequential amber too? Because I don't see them blinking in your video.
Also, the coplus have a small white led also when sequential turn is on, probably only with parking lights on.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
John but aren't your led boards with sequential amber too? Because I don't see them blinking in your video.
Also, the coplus have a small white led also when sequential turn is on, probably only with parking lights on.
Yes they are, but I don't want the sequential in the headlight :thumbsup:

Yes, when parking lights are on, there's one single white LED remaining ON when turn. I like it this way :D

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
DD DRL are just perfect, I'm glad you could finally get them :cheers:
Man I should have known that opening the lights on that spot is all you need to do. That would be easy 150€ tribar activation without baking the lights or sending them around europe :D